ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #5071
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
what did they say was the problem?
Marvin didn't have time to ride it long enough to experience the issue. They did a 6K (oil, filter, final drive, transmission, etc).

I will say the shifter feels different and it feels like it is actually going into 6rh when selected. I've put maybe 50 miles on since picking it up this morning without an occurrence. Not bragging yet but keeping my fingers crossed. I may have to take it off the auction block.
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #5072
birddawg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
We were talking about the Sena smh10-11 at dinner last night. I only want 1. If anyone else is interested in a single and wants to split a dual pack to save a few $, let me know.
birddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #5073
LoboRojo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I'm interested in one too.
LoboRojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #5074
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddawg View Post
We were talking about the Sena smh10-11 at dinner last night. I only want 1. If anyone else is interested in a single and wants to split a dual pack to save a few $, let me know.
Works for me as well. I'm ready to buy, any chance we could get a group buy going on?
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #5075
birddawg
Adventurer

Anyone else interested? I plan on getting the "universal" version that includes the wired Mic. Later I will probably get the base that has the output jack for earbuds. It's my understanding that it has to be purchased separately. I'm working tonight and expect to have some time to research prices.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #5076
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddawg View Post
Anyone else interested? I plan on getting the "universal" version that includes the wired Mic. Later I will probably get the base that has the output jack for earbuds. It's my understanding that it has to be purchased separately. I'm working tonight and expect to have some time to research prices.
Bill and I may be interested, it will depend on price since we'll buying two.
ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #5077
birddawg
Adventurer

Looked into it and couldn't find a group buy that would beat best price on a 2 pack. Did get a better price buying as a pair than a single unit. Probably best just to try to match with each other and split a package. Ordered the SMH10-11 off Amazon. Going to split with LoboRojo as we first started talking about this on Thursday.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #5078
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,467
For Sena stuff, you could try RocketMoto: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573145

It's where I ordered my SMH5-FM.

I know Tim got his from Revzilla.

I haven't compared prices, but both RocketMoto and Revzilla will go out of their way to help customers.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #5079
snake89
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Sorry i missed dinner night. getting off at 6 makes it tough to do things in the evening plus i like to get a shower after working in a oil & gas fumed hole all day. Im gonna make it one night, may just have to leave work & go straight there.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #5080
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake89 View Post
Sorry i missed dinner night. getting off at 6 makes it tough to do things in the evening plus i like to get a shower after working in a oil & gas fumed hole all day. Im gonna make it one night, may just have to leave work & go straight there.
Looking forward to seeing you when you can make it,
Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #5081
LoboRojo
Adventurer

Steve(birddawg) and I received our Sena SMH10 headsets and installed them this morning. Tried mine out on the way home from his house and was amazed at the clarity from Pandora. Received a phone call and they couldn't tell I was riding down the road. Money well spent.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #5082
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Thanks for the report, I have been looking into these devices for a bit & happy to get a local opinion.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #5083
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboRojo View Post
Steve(birddawg) and I received our Sena SMH10 headsets and installed them this morning. Tried mine out on the way home from his house and was amazed at the clarity from Pandora. Received a phone call and they couldn't tell I was riding down the road. Money well spent.
I got the SMH10 about 9 months ago and immediately found it to be tons louder than my Scala. Have you tried the bike-to-bike intercom yet?? I've never set mine up for that but I'm interested to see how hard it is to sync with other riders before a group ride.
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #5084
LoboRojo
Adventurer

Syncing up with others isn't hard at at all. Simply pushing the "jogging" button for five sec with other units at the same time will link two units together for intercom usage. We tried this briefly but not actually riding the motorcycles. More to report later.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #5085
JBXC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboRojo View Post
I have had mine since February and have been very pleased. If you have an iPhone you can call up Siri by pushing the small button on the back and tell her what you want to do. It makes a great way to control your music or even read texts and emails. I use it to send texts when I am at a red light too. Comes in real handy when you want to get directions quickly too.

— Hunter S. Thompson
JBXC is offline   Reply With Quote