ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #1501
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer
 
DrBigEd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMaidenFan
Having said that.... Two DR's ????? Dont you believe in too much of a good thing ? I'm in heaven when I ride my ONE DR, let alone having the choice of two !!.... Sorry England 2, I'm with Ed and 800 afterall ... send me your address too pls mate
You lot

I'm off to bed - terrible week ahead.
__________________
"For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #1502
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMaidenFan
Having said that.... Two DR's ????? Dont you believe in too much of a good thing ? I'm in heaven when I ride my ONE DR, let alone having the choice of two !!.... Sorry England 2, I'm with Ed and 800 afterall ... send me your address too pls mate
Um someone has sent me 2 packages that are actually for DRMaiden and England2 please post adress detail so I can rederect o and how can I pick u up on way through to track day Maiden if I cant find your bike ( arr I mean you )

Edd, good that means I get a head start once I get addresses
PS try speaking to your week, tell it that its going to be good no matter what, you now all that positive stuff and that ( $50 please for advice)

MCmad screwed with this post 04-13-2009 at 02:42 PM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #1503
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer
 
DrBigEd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Um someone has sent me 2 packages that are actually for DRMaiden and England2 please post adress detail so I can rederect o and how can I pick u up on way through to track day Maiden if I cant find your bike ( arr I mean you )

Edd, good that means I get a head start once I get addresses
PS try speaking to your week, tell it that its going to be good no matter what, you now all that positive stuff and that ( $50 please for advice)
I take it you didn't get the addresses...

morning to the rest or as they said in Ireland, top of the morning to ya.

I am now really suffering without the bike. I have no backup anymore. At some stage I had a Vara and a TA at the same time - did I have problems deciding which one to ride. Now I am just looking at a unfinished project... I cleaned the garage yesterday (found some long lost tools) but the whole weekend the weather was perfect for riding - it was murderous on my soul.

Remember, 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...
__________________
"For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #1504
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
Hi Guys
Have been thinkin that we should Name ourselves as a Club

name options,

International DRBIG Club

World DRBIG Club

International World DRBIG club

Or something, thoughts ???

not wanting to do anything bureaucratic or involving deniro's its just an ID thing
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #1505
DRMaidenFan
Adventurer
 
DRMaidenFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Malta
Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Hi Guys
Have been thinkin that we should Name ourselves as a Club

name options,

International DRBIG Club

World DRBIG Club

International World DRBIG club

Or something, thoughts ???

not wanting to do anything bureaucratic or involving deniro's its just an ID thing
I dont about the rest of us 800, but you and Ed could call yourselves "The International flowers-for-DR BIG 'Collectors' Club" (membership 2)....with the emphasis on 'collectors' of course
DRMaidenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #1506
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer
 
DrBigEd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMaidenFan
I dont about the rest of us 800, but you and Ed could call yourselves "The International flowers-for-DR BIG 'Collectors' Club" (membership 2)....with the emphasis on 'collectors' of course
You lost me ??? I can't eat flowers thus I have no use for it...

I am not particularly creative with names - my son is named after me, so I hope the next child due August is a girl then I can use my wife's names. I will give it some thought - for now I need to concentrate on my system that fell over.

Later...
__________________
"For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #1507
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMaidenFan
I dont about the rest of us 800, but you and Ed could call yourselves "The International flowers-for-DR BIG 'Collectors' Club" (membership 2)....with the emphasis on 'collectors' of course
or the, International give us your bleedin address so we can send them please, Club

Not to worry Ed my Brain does that ( falls over )
Regards daughter congrates, but you must understand at my stage in life I try not to think of such cute things

MCmad screwed with this post 04-14-2009 at 01:21 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:24 AM   #1508
Molgan
nub
 
Molgan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Lule, Sweden
Oddometer: 234
Name suggestions:

The BIG Club
The BIGgest Club in the World
BIGboys International
International BIGgots

...

Nah
Molgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 AM   #1509
ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ausibatla's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Waroona, West. Australia
Oddometer: 443
Thumb rotor

Does anyone know if a 1994 DR800 rotor and starter clutch will fit on a 1988 DR750.
More questions.
Cheers,
ausibatla
ausibatla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 AM   #1510
snocross
carbikesledboatrockaholic
 
snocross's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 69
How about "BIG & Single" club.

People could think if it means the bikes or riders

Seriously, International DRBIG Club, sounds nice! Would be nice if someone takes this club under control and could have some International DRBIG Club t-shirts etc. for sale. Ive seen some local clubs have had DRBig clothes for sale. hmmm... Maybe we should have our own club here in Finland too.

Molgan, Do you have a club in Sweden?
__________________
*Always on the run*
snocross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #1511
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer
 
DrBigEd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
or the, International give us your bleedin address so we can send them please, Club

Not to worry Ed my Brain does that ( falls over )
Regards daughter congrates, but you must understand at my stage in life I try not to think of such cute things
Brain fart? Yep, I have several of them weekly.

Any name will do although simple and straight says it all.

The International DRBIG Club. Can't get much simpler than that - even I can do that in the middle of this project I'm working on.

PS. Got bad news - the tanks are still with the sandblaster Looks like 5 months might be my wait time too.
__________________
"For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:12 AM   #1512
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
[quote=snocross]How about "BIG & Single" club.

People could think if it means the bikes or riders

Seriously, International DRBIG Club, sounds nice! Would be nice if someone takes this club under control and could have some International DRBIG Club t-shirts etc. for sale. quote]

I'm with you and I don't think the T Shirt thing would be hard in our modern Internet age

Ed,If you can Choose a name it must be Ok,

Perhaps I will wait a little longer till I make announcement
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #1513
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer
 
DrBigEd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
I'm with you and I don't think the T Shirt thing would be hard in our modern Internet age

Ed,If you can Choose a name it must be Ok,

Perhaps I will wait a little longer till I make announcement
Yes, do wait a little. There are quite a few creative peeps on this thread.
__________________
"For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:17 AM   #1514
DRMaidenFan
Adventurer
 
DRMaidenFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Malta
Oddometer: 37
[quote=800rider][quote=snocross]How about "BIG & Single" club.

People could think if it means the bikes or riders

Seriously, International DRBIG Club, sounds nice! Would be nice if someone takes this club under control and could have some International DRBIG Club t-shirts etc. for sale. quote]


How about 'DR BIG Thumpers International Club' or 'International DR BIG Thumpers Club'

(If I went around in Malta with an 'International DR BIG Thumpers Club' t-shirt on.... they would think I was an agressive hard hitting doctor, with like minded associates dotted round the world !! )

Seriously though, T shirts and keyrings like this are maybe a possibility :
http://global.ebay.com/Suzuki_DR_800...130695386/item

(bear in mind though that not all of us have 800's ok)
DRMaidenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #1515
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
YEP

PS Ill swap 2 key rings for your bike
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014