Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #2251
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausibatla
Ladder106
thanks for your help cobber. You're a champion. I'm up and running. The old girl now idles well and will rev to 8000 rpm without missing a beat. I don't know how she'll go under load 'cause I'm waiting on my exhaust so I can take her for a long awaited ride. I'll keep you posted and once again thanks for your input.
Cheers,
ausibatla

Get her out and about and post pics!
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #2252
Chanterman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Yer hade thought about an Aprilia , maybe Ill take this one http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=211850216 for a ride this arvo , we dont have very good dealer support for them here and there a bit of an unknown quantity to me, I have also been looking at this one http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-173888459.htm but the dealer wasnt very helpful maybe Ill test it next week ( what a pain it is having to ride all these bikes)

PS, took this for a test a few weeks ago but it was mad wheelied all the time and injection was to on off, dont imagine ones liscence would last 5 minutes, not a real world bike for those without self control maybe the 950 would be better but im really looking for a trackbike I can live with on the road
To be honest 800 It wouldn`t be right for everyone to go for the same, kind of competition and whatever floats your boat.
Chanterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #2253
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3310
800rider, i must be in the wrong job as i can only afford the one ride:
Count yourself lucky as having such choices is some times murder as I lay awake at night trying to decide on what bike to buy , any ways Ive just come back from a ride a Id have to say these bigs are mighty fine bikes, with the road tire on I found that my mates KTM 690 SM was holding me up in Tight going and I was easily able to Keep up with him power wise at liscence keeping speeds, So your talking 16 year old technoligy V state of the art and I bet I was more comfortable,

I wouldn;t be to Down about Just having a Big,the only reason Im looking is for a Track Bike , But for general purpose allround use at legal speeds Bigs are Kings and havnt you noticed how everyone looks at them ( its actually kind of embarising sometimes)

MCmad screwed with this post 05-03-2009 at 02:12 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #2254
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by england 2
To be honest 800 It wouldn`t be right for everyone to go for the same, kind of competition and whatever floats your boat.
You mean like this, corny I know but its a change of scenery

Heres a sunset shot for something else different ,nave bring it on Ive got more

MCmad screwed with this post 05-03-2009 at 02:39 AM
Old 05-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #2255
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3310
800rider, i must be in the wrong job as i can only afford the one ride:
I can only really afford 1 bike,but the way I see it, eating is over rated so I'll have 2
Been thinking of only havin 1, possibly a KTM950 but a friend said it would be like riding an offroad verion of the triumph, and that scares the crap out of me besides, I couldn't sell the big, it would just end up parked at the back of the shed gathering dust, and that just wouldn't be right
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:53 AM   #2256
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj
I can only really afford 1 bike,but the way I see it, eating is over rated so I'll have 2
Been thinking of only havin 1, possibly a KTM950 but a friend said it would be like riding an offroad verion of the triumph, and that scares the crap out of me besides, I couldn't sell the big, it would just end up parked at the back of the shed gathering dust, and that just wouldn't be right
I wonder what Triumph he was talking about??
Ive Ridden a KTM950 adventure yer there cool but a little hard to go slow on, it wanted to go everwhere at 140ks plus and the low end wasnt that great, very smooth though and very Tall and long , If you had the self control a great bike otherwise to fast after all do you really want to do 180kph on a metal road, I was considering buying one and using it on the track but decided it was to compromised for that purpose ( I wished they had a 19'' front wheel )
must take one for a spin again just to confirm all that
Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 AM   #2257
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
O.k 800Rider- here's an over exposure desert sunrise...(without the bike) :)
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #2258
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Once again Nave leaves us mere mortals in shame.

Although 800 did push him to the limit.
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #2259
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Ive Ridden a KTM950 adventure yer there cool but a little hard to go slow on, it wanted to go everwhere at 140ks plus and the low end wasnt that great, very smooth though and very Tall and long , If you had the self control a great bike otherwise to fast after all do you really want to do 180kph on a metal road.
I have BIG hopes for the LC8 Adventure. I have been thinking of buying a new bike after a few (2 or 3 or more) years. By that time I should have 150 K on the ODO of my Big.
I have tried some big gravel capable ADV bikes and I have been dissapointed in some ways: Caponord, V-Strom, even the GS 1200 weren't better than the big. I am hoping that either the LC8 or maybe BMW 800 would be a replacement for my current bike that would feel EVEN MORE right. I'm not looking for comfort, I'm looking for a sportish "heavy" bike that would be skinny and tall, to take for a months trip or a trip to the grocerystore.

I DO NOT have a very good self discipline, but I really believe that people should do all the crazy stuff on the track with machines that are used to crash a little. So when a bike does an "inattentional" little wheelie with a third gear, it's not a bad thing for me

So I'm doing an inquiry to the 800riders database of ADV bikes he has ridden: is there a real good bike I have not thought of... For example some Triumph or Cagiva...

I really really liked Ducati multistrada but I just need a bike that has some offroad capabilities, Like DR BIG for example . Even if I ride 80 percent tarmac.

All others can suggest also ofcourse. OH! And I think I'm not gonna sell the Big... I'm a collector... Haven't sold almost any of my bikes... Capitalistic Pig

morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #2260
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunset in Estonia. By lake Peipus (Peipsi Järv in Estonian).

Photos shot by my girlfriend

This one I took myself the same day:

BIGGER ones are reachable from this site:
http://annvool.blogspot.com/2008/09/suvel-rannal.html
Or you can just click on the pic.

morse screwed with this post 05-03-2009 at 07:09 AM
Old 05-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #2261
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oh and the guy with the bagpipe on the last photo is not my girlfriend
His a musician Kulno.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #2262
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,878
Quote:
I'm up and running. The old girl now idles well and will rev to 8000 rpm without missing a beat.

I'm happy it worked out

..............but............

WHAT WAS WRONG????....AND HOW DID YOU FIX IT? We need the cause to add to the collective database.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #2263
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,878
Quote:
Oh and the guy with the bagpipe on the last photo is not my girlfriend
Nice save, Morse.....you knew what the next post was going to be, didn't you?

So, now that everyone has "girlfriend" photos flashing through their brains and making all kinds of crazy connections with their testosterone........

Here's my "girlfriend" photo:

Annie Seel......Dakar Hero standing in the ocean after the finish

No I've never met here (sigh)
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #2264
Chanterman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
here is another piper

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...t/P4250049.jpg
Chanterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #2265
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
guys, a friend has a nice SS supertrapp muffler NIB, he bought it for his VFR800 but never installed it.. he´s willing to sell it to me very cheap if I want it. I was wondering if it will work on the DR.. fitting is not a problem. i´ll have to fab a flange and some other stuff and figure out a way to mount it but that doesnt look too hard to do.

it has a 2 1/4" inlet but it has some kind of restriction plate inside with what seems to be a 36mm tube welded in it .. it looks very sturdy, 100% SS it weights about 4 kg..

what do you think? will it be too restrictive?

some pics..

jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote