Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
buy it
Dino3310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #14702
wundis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
well I think it's gonna be worth the money. unless the engine is all messed up. its still gonna be worth it, but youll have to put in money to get it running nicely.
wundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #14703
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Go ger her!

LarS
Resi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 AM   #14704
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,733
Front sprocket

Hey Fellas
Ive been chasing a front sprocket for my Cagiva W16 for the last few weeks and have just found that the DR 750 and 800 may fit the boss goes the other way round on my bike which doesn't matter - I have been through this with a few other sprockets that fit the spline but the width of the sprocket has been the problem - mine is 10mm wide the others are 9 - so was wondering if anyone has an old front sprocket they can either send me so i can check {i will pay for postage ofcource } or send me an pm with measurements and a pic of the sprocket where it goes on the spline .
Thanks in advance
Barry
p.s JT has them as diferant yet Afam has them as the same
I have been getting told lately "NOTHING" to my questions about space and vacuum, I feel I need funding for a project that could have a Noble prize involved. Space is not nothing 84% is dark matter "dark matter seems to be the scientific word for nothing" I have three experiments that need to be conducted. If any millionaires out there would like to fund my projects and riding career please pm me
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #14705
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,828
The DR750/800 front sprocket is the same as a early 90,s 650 sprocket, 520 chain size.
A DR 650 late model runs a 525 chain and the sprocket base where it fits on to the counter shaft is about 2mm wider and where the chain runs also, so you could get the outer part machined down to suit a 520 if neaded.
sorry the battery in my callipers is flat, just found this site with measurements,
http://stores.ebay.com/Motorcycle-Pa...sid=1067012968
try Metalgear Queensland.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #14706
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Thanks Rob
Metalgear dont do my model but chaingang will make one up for me $50 tho plus delivery so i think i may have to bite the bullet and get a couple of those - the jtf numbers are diferant on the suzies than my bike so not sure what the dif may be , I have already bought one that was supposed to fit so a bit cautious on there supposed interwebby sizes ;-}
Just looking at your pic and thinking I could get the one I bought the other day that was a mm thinner and put that spacer in behind , it would have the same spline pattern or just pay the 50 bucks :-}
I have been getting told lately "NOTHING" to my questions about space and vacuum, I feel I need funding for a project that could have a Noble prize involved. Space is not nothing 84% is dark matter "dark matter seems to be the scientific word for nothing" I have three experiments that need to be conducted. If any millionaires out there would like to fund my projects and riding career please pm me
Old 06-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #14707
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

I am not sure if this is the case or not , but if you put a spacer at the back of the sprocket it might turn and the splines line up and it could work its way over to the counter shaft seal and engine crank case .
Tony T fellow inmate has a BIG and a Cagiva he may be the bloke to get onto from the Barrossa Valley S.A.
Look him up in the wanted section he posted a few day,s ago looking for another Big.

robmoto screwed with this post 06-19-2013 at 04:23 AM
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #14708
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto View Post
I am not sure if this is the case or not , but if you put a spacer at the back of the sprocket it might turn and the splines line up and it could work its way over to the counter shaft seal and engine crank case .
Tony T fellow inmate has a BIG and a Cagiva he may be the bloke to get onto from the Barrossa Valley S.A.
Look him up in the wanted section he posted a few day,s ago looking for another Big.
Thanks bud
having trouble with brake lights now aswell might have to go down to dick smith and doctor a momentary switch up hope this bike is worth the stress
Old 06-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #14709
wundis
Adventurer

I've been commuting with the Big for the last couple of weeks, hadnt had the time to open up the carbs again but I think the moment has come to do it. Today after riding to work and during a short ride just after that (the engine was hot) it refused to run on iddle. Basicly anything going lower than 3k rpm would be a nono. It starts back up fine, and works over 3krpm fine, but nothing lower. I would recon, my pilot system got clogged?
It was weird filtering through traffic at 4krpm
Old 06-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #14710
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Wundis before you take the carbs off , take the tops off and check both C clips are on the needles and look at the diaframs too .
Old 06-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #14711
wundis
Adventurer

I tried coming back home with my big, but it was running so poorly - it was such a challenge, and I had plans to get away for the weekend...

Anyhow, eventually I got back, pulling the choke on/off trying to figure out if it was running rich or lean. And a few moments later everything was off, the diaphragms were ok, needle clips were ok (i took the chance to lower the needle from 3rd to 4th position as the manual suggests for the 32D2). I was about to start removing the carb, removed the vacuum pipe and I saw it being wet inside.
I tried to pump a bit with my mouth - and got so much petrol. gross.

Anyhow, turns out the replacement diaphragm barely lasted 1kkm. Found the old one, which was still in tact, and it runs perfectly again. 200 km done, works like a charm, and with the needle lowered by 1 position - much better. My weekens plans are on again
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #14712
shanekfalcon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Hi guys,

My big is going real well and I'm slowly going through some smaller things, cometic things to make it look better and more comfortable for the 2.5 -> 3.0 hour commute once a week to the farm and then back again. In fact, got my car back this week and drove up for the first time in six months. Sure, I was warm, but it was boring. Riding is mouch more interesting.

Anyhow, it has a small but persistant oil leak. I think it is from the gear lever shaft; perhaps an O ring or seal that I can reach from the outside? Does that sound right to you guys? As we are going on a week holiday, I've degreased the area and will check for an oil track when we get back.

Whilst cleaning the area I've noticed that the sprocket moves on the shaft, about 2 millimetres all up. Is the front sprocket a floating sprocket or is there something wrong here?

Thanks,

Shane
shanekfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #14713
Silent Hunter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Looking for this!

Hi people,
I am looking for a table like this, with the DR800 loudness in it after fitting in a GPR pipe.

Does anyone know where to get one?

Silent Hunter screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 07:15 AM
Silent Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #14714
mait
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Have you tried asking GPR?

[QUOTE=Silent Hunter;21700826]Hi people,
I am looking for a table like this, with the DR800 loudness in it after fitting in a GPR pipe.

Does anyone know where to get one?
mait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #14715
Silent Hunter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Yes, I have emailed and fax 2 different GPR branches.

No reply.

I am hoping someone here will have a copy of it with him/her and share it online.