AUS CRUZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 AM   #77
sidetrack one OP
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 5,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerel
damn ready to start eating my own leg.
Settle down big fella< you aint gonna lose it all on the first day Go and eat something HEALTHY!
sidetrack one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:45 AM   #78
Mr Ogmore
no u

Oddometer: 427
this is like a train wreak, I know I shouldnt look but I cant help myself
Mr Ogmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:33 AM   #79
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 10,013
losing weight is not rocket science, burn more cals than you take in, doing its the hard bit and you have to find a system that work for you and that you can stick to.

Some of you may remember about 2 years ago I lost 30kg in 4 months (172kg to 142kg), Ive managed to keep most of it off, Im about 146kg at the moment.

I used a medically supervised meal replacement, optifast, and lots of walking. The system I used was really only for people who are very obese, I was replacing all meal with the optifast shakes/soups, only 800 cals a day so that even without excercise you lose weight. As I said the plan i was on was radical and really for people for whom it's more important to lose weight quickly than in a healthy way and I was supervised by a Doc. Optifast used to be prescription only but you can now buy it over the counter. For those who are less obese you can mix and match the optifast stuff with light meals & excercise and lose weight in a more slow, healthy manner.

Im girding myself up for another big effort this coming summer to try and get under 130kg
Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #80
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 10,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetrack bob
The biggest tip I would like is.. WHAT do you snack on?
I can sort the main meals, but when you're watching telly eg. and you'ed have a cuppa and a TIM TAM. Rice cake maybe? I really want to find something low fat that I can eat lots of with no consequences. Dried apples? Yogurt?
when i was dieting I found Coke Zero good, a bit sweet and the bubbles fill you up, a BIG drink of H2O and eating a tomato or 2 is also good.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:40 AM   #81
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,503
Quote:

The biggest tip I would like is.. WHAT do you snack on?
I can sort the main meals, but when you're watching telly eg. and you'ed have a cuppa and a TIM TAM. Rice cake maybe? I really want to find something low fat that I can eat lots of with no consequences. Dried apples? Yogurt?
Laxettes

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #82
Shmerel
™

Oddometer: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscoact
Laxettes
i'm actually eating more, but all lean and no crap or in b/w's.
i'm even crapping like a litigation lawyer.
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:36 AM   #83
Mouse
I'm only smelly

Oddometer: 9,225
i really should stay out of this thread but...

i find every time i start to put on weight its as a result of poor food choice, i also find that when i want to lose weight i just become a bit more conscious about what i eat (as opposed to eating less)

works for me.

good luck fellas, its a bit of the old mind over body stuff - i reckon exercise is mainly a short term solution

“It is better to stir up a question without deciding it than to decide it without stirring it up”
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:03 AM   #84
Gidyup
Lookin' round

Oddometer: 445
Hey Bob, Just started the sensible eating plan a fortnight ago .
thought about getting a lighter bike,but cheaper to go on a diet!(plus my 2 sisters& brother are all diabetic or diagnosed as pre diabetic!)
Can you put me on the list?

173 cm tall
98 kg 07/07/2008
94 kg today
Ideal weight according to DR 78 kg (he's dreamin)
Goal weight 85 kg

Thanks & good luck to all,Ray
Gidyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 AM   #85
sidetrack one OP
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 5,104
No worries Gidyup, welcome aboard!
Well, I walked to work today , and home again, for the first time in a long time! Once apon a time I did it every day, rain hail or shine. It.s only a 25 minute stroll and it was GREAT! It was the coldest day of the year here yet and the cheeks were feeling rosy when i got to work, but I felt GOOD! Feet are abit sore tonite, I walked in my work boots, need to get some new runners, but I'll be doing it again tomorrow! Cheers guys!
sidetrack one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:06 AM   #86
Shmerel
™

Oddometer: 11,152
i've eaten well the last 2 days (hungry though, i want MEAT!!!)
went for a 5.5 km walk with the mrs tonite, no worries.
hanging in there.
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #87
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Well, I walked to work today , and home again, for the first time in a long time! Once apon a time I did it every day, rain hail or shine. It.s only a 25 minute stroll and it was GREAT! It was the coldest day of the year here yet and the cheeks were feeling rosy when i got to work, but I felt GOOD! Feet are abit sore tonite, I walked in my work boots, need to get some new runners, but I'll be doing it again tomorrow! Cheers guys!
Good work SDTKBob!

I have "fallen" already - 3 beers and four ports after a beautiful dinner including dessert (good most of today though!)

Good news is that I have 5 consecutive days off (from sitting on my arse being chauffer driven) and these will be spent tiling, grouting, decking and flooring = lots of Kj's burned- yahoo.... 90kg's here I come!!!

Cheers
Ian

BTW - ATGreg - you can DO IT........easy....!!!!

... was expecting 100K from this bike; now aiming for 150K ...
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #88
Lewy
Minus the LC8

Oddometer: 1,969
Quote:
You're kidding it was cold. I rode the DR and froze my arse off.

Getting on the pushy next week and back to riding to work.

I hope it warms up
Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #89
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,503
Quote:
Good stuff Dave. I love my morning walk (used to be a run back in the day). Absolute best time of the day and I feel a million dollars when I get back and have that double espresso

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #90
ronnie ron
n00b is fine

Oddometer: 68
I'm in! I am far to heavy at the moment and I need to lose some weight drastically. I have to admit that I have cheated, I saw a dietician a month ago! She recommended I cut my carbs right back and excercise for half an hour.

We don't eat badly, it's just to many carbs which are the hardest to burn. I can eat all the meat, vege's and fruit I like but only 4 serves of carbs a day. It's harder than it looks, all the good things like pasta, rice, potatoes, ect are carbs!

I weigh 138kg and I am 6'5 - 196cm.
ronnie ron is offline   Reply With Quote