Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #121
B.Ross
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Anyone consider fabing something up to accomodate this on thier 690E? http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/larg...sm690_7939.jpg
B.Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #122
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCracklePop
OK - got my group-buy Leo Vince today!! Thanks James!

There was one thing in the bottom of the box I wasn't sure about , a disk with 5 holes in it .
It fits perfectly into the "in" end of the muffler , maybe to restrict and quiet it down some more?

Anybody know for sure?
Hmm, James, my box didn't have such a disk. How much does it quiet the exhaust? I think I would like to have this disk to further quiet the pipe for some kinds of runs.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 AM   #123
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpyboy
Sounds odd to me. I would think the smaller diameter dB reducer would be quieter and produce more back pressure. Does the 33mm have a s/a screen? Maybe that's the difference.
The spark arrestor (35 mm) has the screen. The standard insert (33 mm) does not. To me (your ears may vary), the spark arrestor, though larger, seems a bit quieter.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #124
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCracklePop
OK - got my group-buy Leo Vince today!! Thanks James!

There was one thing in the bottom of the box I wasn't sure about , a disk with 5 holes in it .
It fits perfectly into the "in" end of the muffler , maybe to restrict and quiet it down some more?

Anybody know for sure?
I've never seen this before, at the moment I can only imagine that an extra peice of metal found it's way in the box.
I'll forward the photo to LV and see what they say.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 AM   #125
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ross
Anyone consider fabing something up to accomodate this on thier 690E? http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/larg...sm690_7939.jpg
Not a good thing for an offroad bike, header pipes can easily get thrashed.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #126
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

LV confirmed that this is a Europe only noise device and only available in Europe. For those that will be receiving the new batch of pipes, you'll probably find these in your box, most usually throw them away so keep an eye out.
I asked LV to put some aside for me, hopefully they have some for those who want to lower the db's a bit.

For future refference and if your looking for an alternative DB reducer, try these folks.. http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/produ...t/dB_Dawg.html
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #127
SnapCracklePop
Re-Noobified

Oddometer: 7
Thumb Leo Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
http://www.advrider.com/forums/attac...1&d=1223421098

LV confirmed that this is a Europe only noise device and only available in Europe. For those that will be receiving the new batch of pipes, you'll probably find these in your box, most usually throw them away so keep an eye out.
I asked LV to put some aside for me, hopefully they have some for those who want to lower the db's a bit.

For future refference and if your looking for an alternative DB reducer, try these folks.. http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/produ...t/dB_Dawg.html
European, huh? I feel so sophistimacated now!
So I put the disk in and installed the spark arrestor insert and put the pipe on my bike.
Went for a 2-mile round trip down to my mail-box and back for a quick test. (and I got my ADV hat & T-shirt in the mail too!)
At idle and slight throttle this thing is very quiet , but if I really get on it , it really barks! The more throttle, the more noise.
I'll keep it like this for now & see how I like it... if I think it needs to be quieter maybe I'll take my new MIG welder out of it's box and maybe do a little surgery with the smaller insert tube added to the larger spark arrestor tube... maybe...

'08 KTM 690 Enduro
SnapCracklePop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #128
Bong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Received my LV group buy - thanks James!!!!!

Installed and did the battery disconnect/15 minute idle, haven't ridden it yet but can't wait to see what difference in handling and throttle response will be like. Only have 280 miles though but have done several heat cycling, this bike is a blast on tight twisty roads
Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #129
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,249
Got my LV pipe yesterday. Now I just have to wait to get the bike back from the dealer for the messed up LCD display.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #130
ApexMolester
george of the jungle

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
Got my LV pipe yesterday. Now I just have to wait to get the bike back from the dealer for the messed up LCD display.
How come you didn't keep the bike until the parts arrived?
ApexMolester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #131
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
you can ride the bike with out it ,i remove mine and no problems
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #132
Dewtwo
old trail rider!

Oddometer: 82
Enjoyed speaking with you today James. Mounted LV pipe w/ open insert. Did 15 min. run-in. Idles like a pussycat. Too loud under throttle. Pulls down lower in rpm range w/o protest. Could pull even 2200 or 2300 rpm smoothly. With stock, could only pull down to 2800 or 2900 w/o bucking. Power is a little flatter under 4500 rpm though. BUT..... crack the throttle WFO at 5k or over and OMG, front end shooting toward sky violently in first 3 gears, giant power!!! Can't do any more playin today or tomorrow, gotta work. Want to try combos of bd reducer, open insert, and/or spark arrestor. I'm thinking motor would like more back pressure than the open insert alone to retain that lower rpm power (opinions anyone). I'll report back after I find the magic combo that allows smooth 2200 rpm pull, at least stock low rpm muscle, and that killer WFO power. Oh, and a little quieter too.
Dewtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #133
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexMolester
How come you didn't keep the bike until the parts arrived?
It's also flashing a FI code and I'm getting the suspension done on it. I'm assuming they'll end up ordering a new one. Should be able to pick it up in a couple days.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:34 AM   #134
mad dog driver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
To Bad.

Put the SBK can on yesterday. 10 3/4 pounds for the stock can; 4 3/4 pounds for the SBK.

Did the batt disconnect, and the 15 min idle. Took it out for a 6 mile ride.

Got home, and after the pipe cooled for a bit, I took it off and put the stocker back on.

With the five hole Euro disk in place, way more noise than I will be able to live with. But the biggest problem with the SBK was a big hole, read flat, in the bottom end torque. That's to bad, I really had high hopes. Oh well.

The difference in weight is not as much as I thought. But the performance lost is just not acceptable. That dog won't hunt.

So, SBK can for sale. Hardly used, low miles, no damage, no drops or scratches. $350.00, and I pay for shipping, read ground, anywhere in the lower 48.
mad dog driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #135
Dewtwo
old trail rider!

Oddometer: 82
Hey Mad Dog,
About our new LV pipes, I'm with ya on that flat rsponce under 5k rpm. Did you try map #2 (agressive). It's much better than #3 (mid) w/ the LV. I could be dreaming, but is it possible for the EFI/ECU to continue to recalibrate over a period of time?... Cause I swear on map#2, the more I ride, the stronger the low/mid pull becomes. I do however believe the issue is the result of the leaner condition caused by easier breathing pipe. I'm not giving up on my LV. I'm going to see if the system continues to compensate on #2, or, there is always the Akro. remap my dealer has. FYI, my 690 runs best with db reducer and spark arrestor for back prssure. Good Luck.....Going riding!
Dewtwo is offline   Reply With Quote