ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #106
carcajou
Resourceful Weasel

Oddometer: 99
Sign is Too Subtile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post

Here's a pic of a sign I just found at a yard sale. Going to put it on the light post at the end of my own driveway.

Tom
Tom, the sign is too subtile for most Texans. I think you are going to have to shoot one and hang the rotting corpse beside the sign. Or just make a mock up if you dont want to snuggle with Bubba for twenty years. Sorry you are having a bad experience with moto riders.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #107
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearboy2004 View Post
All that signage is bullshit scare tactics to keep you out , the road is fine and open. The hippy on the corner is a real ------- and a bike hater .
Right, and I thought Cowboy was looking for such locations?
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #108
Splisken
I'm not dead yet...

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
what about the intersection of Buckhorn Canyon Road (44H) and Crystal Mountain Road?

This road is an alternate into the national forest if you don't go up Moody Hill or all the way up to Donner. The signage at the road is very scary about how the road is private maintained and patrolled by Larimer County. There's an arch and a gate as I recall although I've never seen it closed. Once you travel through the HOA area and get to the forest access, there's a cattle guard with more evil, misleading(to my knowledge) signage.
Yes, definitely open. I drove it about 3 weeks ago to the top of Crystal Mtn. There is a sign on the gate (both sides) requesting that the gate always be kept closed...nobody ever closes this gate (I do). Close this gate folks or risk losing access completely. I have never had any issues or troubles while traveling into this area. Locals generally seem friendly and wave though I haven't talked to any. There are some driveways located in this area that are difficult to spot as driveways looking more like roads (and normally leading to empty lots) but if you read the signs carefully and use a map there shouldn't be any problems as all public intersections are clearly marked. Watch your speed as I have seen trees cut and thrown across the road in various places in this area (so someone back there doesn't like visitors).

Oh yeah...and the road up Crystal Mtn itself...not for the faint of heart. Very steep with lots of large boulders. Awesome on an EXC...not so much I'd guess on an ADV 990...for most
Splisken is offline   Reply With Quote