User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 AM   #16
scottyoffroad
Trials and Trails

Oddometer: 89
kle project

I agree with atgreg. Have been looking for a wrecked one to start a project with for about a month now but havn't been able to find one. Dont want to start with a new one as will end up costing to much. If anyone knows of a crashed one (preferably in victoria but would consider if elswhere) please pm me or email scott.terri@yahoo.com.au

Scotty
scottyoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:46 AM   #17
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 9,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyoffroad
I agree with atgreg. Have been looking for a wrecked one to start a project with for about a month now but havn't been able to find one. Dont want to start with a new one as will end up costing to much. If anyone knows of a crashed one (preferably in victoria but would consider if elswhere) please pm me or email scott.terri@yahoo.com.au

Scotty
http://www.rallytwin.com/
Old 07-25-2008, 04:02 AM   #18
scottyoffroad
Trials and Trails

Oddometer: 89
rallytwin

Hi atgreg, yes, have already checked that website out. was really pumped until i saw the price........omg that is f*#king expensive..... My project will have to settle for using the original frame with a modified subframe. Not perfect but beggars cant be choosers. If I ever find one that is..........
scottyoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:03 AM   #19
Kruemel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Thumb '07 KLE, 7k

Cheers, got mine in 11/07.

First service at 1500km $220 at the dealership, second service with new rear tire at 7k at a very motivated shop in Artarmon for $420.

Only mod so far is a Givi top box, Scott oiler (great!) and a mount including power supply for a Garmin GPS.

Pictures and ride report here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352333

Planned mods:
-Hepco& Becker rear carrier and Gobi 37 Panniers
-H&B tank and engine guards, maybe too late anyway, already droped her plenty of times
- Center stand ?, droped her once while parked to open a cattle gate
- larger tank would be nice, suggestions?
- airbox tuning http://www.dernacken.de/kle-tuning2.html, opinion anybody?

Resources
- happened to run across a detailed service manual
- lot of stuff around Kwaka: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/kawasaki/
- specific collection of KLE accessories: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...essories-28986
- tons of acccessories and potential mods : http://michel.erard.free.fr/500_KLE_e.html

Ah, yeah, almost forgot: Just love the bike .

Have fun.
Kruemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #20
AussieMasada
Ring Wing

Oddometer: 420
Hi all from sunny Honiara, my KLE is sitting under a cover up on its hoist in my shed and looks like it will be there for at least the next 12 months. Im planning on getting a new bike on my return to Australia and would love to turn the KLE into a project bike. Subject to ministerial approval of course. Have to see what happens. Glad to see others out there riding this great bike.

Stay safe
Doc_au

2012 Ural Tourist "Dirt Diving Daisy"
AussieMasada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
It looks like a Kawasaki version of the Honda NX! cool! you guys get the best bikes down there! I want a postie bike for around town here. -Jason
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #22
Keater
Live to play!!!

Oddometer: 80
Heres some shots of mine just new. First trip up to Mt Tamborine and first trip on rough dirt tracks locally! Have since had the 1000k service have bought a ventura rack and bag (Piece of crap) Modified the rack to fit a larger bag for trips away. just use the ventura bag for work as it's a pain in the arse to get into due to the small opening in the top. Also fiited my gps for showin me where I'm lost! I will get better picks of her loaded up later this month as I'm doin an overnighter on the 30th August
Future mods/likes: Better tyres, louder exhaust, tank bag, possibly panniers and centre stand.

Bring on the tracks...... riding to works boring

Old 08-14-2008, 02:26 AM   #23
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

Oddometer: 90
Keater,

I have a Staintune exhaust on mine, sounds great too. I'm running Dunlop D606's front and rear, seem pretty good on road and great off.
Oh yeah, go an Eaglescreen mate, heaps better than the stock one. I also have a 50 ltr Gearsack on the rear. Still more I want to do though.

Name:  P1010960.JPG
Views: 1842
Size:  95.5 KB
Old 08-14-2008, 02:32 AM   #24
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

Another pic

Name:  P1010988.JPG
Views: 4502
Size:  138.9 KB
Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #25
Keater
Live to play!!!

screen

[quote=MadGalah]Keater,

Oh yeah, go an Eaglescreen mate

G'day mate can you post up where to get the Eaglescreen and $$ as i get hit straight in the chest with the crappy little screen. I'm lookin at the Dunlop Rallyraid D908s if they still make them as a mate runs them on his 990KTM and reckons they're a good all rounder , other wise I'll go the 606's.... they're a bit agressive for comuting (30ks a day) but are worth it if they keep me in the saddle off the beatin track Cheers Mick

Keater screwed with this post 08-14-2008 at 11:23 PM Reason: extra info
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #26
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

Mick,

Here's the link to Eaglescreens, you would have to contact the re prices.

http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/kawasaki.htm

Corey
Old 08-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #27
Keater
Live to play!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGalah
Mick,

Here's the link to Eaglescreens, you would have to contact the re prices.

http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/kawasaki.htm

Corey
Cheers Corey Email sent...............waiting
Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #28
Keater
Live to play!!!

Pics

Here's the mods I did to my ventura rack to suit the Motodry bag. Due to the rack going too wide for the velcro straps I had to insert some more uprights inside to suit the Motodry bag. Also had to add a base tube for them to sit on. Nearly looks factory Here also is a shot of it as i go to work with the ventura bag that came with the rack.....what a POS, hard to get Stuff in or out of! Also have GPS mounted to the front bar. And due to being advrider here's a shot on a harder track locally looks flat but is fun and is uphill, off cambered and rutted!

Old 08-19-2008, 04:02 AM   #29
johnquinnell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Hey Keater,
If you're going to do tracks like the one in your last pic and you happen to notice your KLE engine bash plate has rubbed against a rock or rut, make sure your sump plug hasn't been bumped as well.
The alloy OEM engine bash plates are very soft and flexible and when they're compressed when the bottom of the bike rubs up against something, there is a tendency for the sump plug to get nudged as well which will gradually work loose and before you know it all your oil has been dumped on the deck. Happened to me not long after getting my KLE but luckily it wasn't far from home and when I came out to the garage the next morning the contents of the sump had decided the garage floor was a better place to be. It didn't take me long to work out what had happened and what the cause was and I'm now very careful about checking underneath if I bottom the sump guard out against anything. It also taught me the KLE had got more of a roadie rather than a dirt bike wheel base.
johnquinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #30
Keater
Live to play!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnquinnell
Hey Keater,
If you're going to do tracks like the one in your last pic and you happen to notice your KLE engine bash plate has rubbed against a rock or rut, make sure your sump plug hasn't been bumped as well.
The alloy OEM engine bash plates are very soft and flexible and when they're compressed when the bottom of the bike rubs up against something, there is a tendency for the sump plug to get nudged as well which will gradually work loose and before you know it all your oil has been dumped on the deck. Happened to me not long after getting my KLE but luckily it wasn't far from home and when I came out to the garage the next morning the contents of the sump had decided the garage floor was a better place to be. It didn't take me long to work out what had happened and what the cause was and I'm now very careful about checking underneath if I bottom the sump guard out against anything. It also taught me the KLE had got more of a roadie rather than a dirt bike wheel base.
Cheers for that. I did notice it is surprisingly low. Mind you comin from a lifted 4WD any thing seems low I'll definetly keep that in mind if i get a little too adventurous!