ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 01:17 AM   #31
Keater
Live to play!!!
 
Keater's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Queensland, best state of Australia
Oddometer: 80
Question Trip and Questions

Just went out on a day trip up to O'Riellys via Duck Creek Rd and back via Darlington,Hillview and Laravale. The only dirt is Duck Creek Rd but it was a bit rough and rutted with large potholes etc. Had fun but got to the first lookout and stopped the bike took some pics,went to start and no go ..... Found out that one of the contour banks i hit and bottomed out on also hit the saftey switch on the kick stand making the trigger stick apart from that just took it easy on my first run. Now i have to manually pull the switch out to get goin on the bike I'm no bike guru but the suspension is really soft have others had similar probs? What are the options to stiffen it up a bit or should i just be more gentle and get use to it???
__________________
To ride or not to ride?..... what sort of stupid question's that Ride Damnit
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #32
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Western, NSW, AU
Oddometer: 587
Welcome to the club Keater! All too common occurrence for the KLE...

Mine has been cable tied to the frame for about the last 20,000km! Being the slacker that I am, I have not got around to removing it from the loom altogether. Smashed the side of it in, so that it was well and truly jammed.

Not required anyways...

Cheers
Ian
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #33
Keater
Live to play!!!
 
Keater's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Queensland, best state of Australia
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseye
Welcome to the club Keater! All too common occurrence for the KLE...

Mine has been cable tied to the frame for about the last 20,000km! Being the slacker that I am, I have not got around to removing it from the loom altogether. Smashed the side of it in, so that it was well and truly jammed.

Not required anyways...

Cheers
Ian


Good idea What a stupid place for it, even road bikes have them tucked up better Oh well thems the break!
__________________
To ride or not to ride?..... what sort of stupid question's that Ride Damnit
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #34
Keater
Live to play!!!
 
Keater's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Queensland, best state of Australia
Oddometer: 80
Woo Hoo.... I got my wide touring screen today from eagle screen , thanks for the heads up Corey! They even sent some magazines free! Will have pics of it after the weekend. I went with the wider and straight touring screen as the kick just looks a bit wierd Bring on the weekend!
__________________
To ride or not to ride?..... what sort of stupid question's that Ride Damnit
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #35
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!
 
MadGalah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld, Aus
Oddometer: 90
Good stuff mate. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

I put a set of Pro Taper bars on over the weekend and added a set of barkbusters, hopefully no more broken levers.
__________________
It's not how quick you get there, it's the destination, I spose that depends who your with. Sometimes it can be a little too slow!
MadGalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #36
Keater
Live to play!!!
 
Keater's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Queensland, best state of Australia
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGalah
Good stuff mate. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

I put a set of Pro Taper bars on over the weekend and added a set of barkbusters, hopefully no more broken levers.
What'd they set ya back? I dropped the bike the other day ....At work pushing it backwards I now have a short brake lever and a cracked hand guard so they'll be next on the list!
__________________
To ride or not to ride?..... what sort of stupid question's that Ride Damnit
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 AM   #37
wedge69
THE ANSWER IS 42.
 
wedge69's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: new england
Oddometer: 61
RE Side stand switch. I removed mine ,cut it off and join the wires together . SIMPLE No more problems with that again.
Also i ditched the rather large rear number plate hanger . Made up a bracket out of alumnium angle, bolt at original spot hangs down just under rear guard looks rather tidy
__________________
DONT PANIC






''Je Ne regrette rien". I REGRET NOTHING.
wedge69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #38
Keater
Live to play!!!
 
Keater's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Queensland, best state of Australia
Oddometer: 80
Thumb KLE screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge69
RE Side stand switch. I removed mine ,cut it off and join the wires together . SIMPLE No more problems with that again.
Also i ditched the rather large rear number plate hanger . Made up a bracket out of alumnium angle, bolt at original spot hangs down just under rear guard looks rather tidy
Sounds like a good idea on the rear number plate hanger. What did you do light wise? Are you running without number plate light?

Here are a couple of shots of the new screen. I rode to work this morning and instead of the wind getting under my helmet and hitting me on the chest it is now at a comfortable level on my visor. Bugger being 6"3', 4 inches shorter and you'd be completely protected!

__________________
To ride or not to ride?..... what sort of stupid question's that Ride Damnit
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #39
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!
 
MadGalah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld, Aus
Oddometer: 90
The bark busters i got for 75, can't remember the name but I did see them in a Ballards catalogue, and the pro tapers set me back 90 bucks.

I should hopefully be getting myself one of these as well shortly GPSMAP® 60Cx, i'll never become geographically embarrased.
__________________
It's not how quick you get there, it's the destination, I spose that depends who your with. Sometimes it can be a little too slow!
MadGalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #40
Keater
Live to play!!!
 
Keater's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Queensland, best state of Australia
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGalah
The bark busters i got for 75, can't remember the name but I did see them in a Ballards catalogue, and the pro tapers set me back 90 bucks.

I should hopefully be getting myself one of these as well shortly GPSMAP® 60Cx, i'll never become geographically embarrased.
Shit that's a good price is that with mounting kit for the barkbusters and did you have to buy separate mounting kit for the pro tapered bars? The reason i ask is I've just been to Kawasaki today and the Barkbusters with mounting kit will be close to $160 and the fat pro tapered bars with mounting around $170?????
__________________
To ride or not to ride?..... what sort of stupid question's that Ride Damnit
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:18 AM   #41
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Western, NSW, AU
Oddometer: 587
Who's up for TTT?

Any KiLlEr's heading to Thrashers this weekend? It would be nice if I wasn't the only representative of the Kawasaki 500 supporters group there this year...

Cheers
Ian
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #42
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!
 
MadGalah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld, Aus
Oddometer: 90
Keater,

Barkbusters are - EMX Pro Handguards, includes mounting brackets with alloy inserted for strength.$75.00

Pro Taper Seven Eights (SE) which the existing clamps will fit. $89.95

I put them on myself which was easy enough, althoughthe standrard bars have small holes drilled in them for the indicator/lights switch housing (which has a small knob on) to sit in. I filed them down and they went on no drama's at all.

Ian,

Nah mate, no bloody idea where it is.
__________________
It's not how quick you get there, it's the destination, I spose that depends who your with. Sometimes it can be a little too slow!
MadGalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #43
Keater
Live to play!!!
 
Keater's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Queensland, best state of Australia
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGalah
Keater,

Barkbusters are - EMX Pro Handguards, includes mounting brackets with alloy inserted for strength.$75.00

Pro Taper Seven Eights (SE) which the existing clamps will fit. $89.95

I put them on myself which was easy enough, althoughthe standrard bars have small holes drilled in them for the indicator/lights switch housing (which has a small knob on) to sit in. I filed them down and they went on no drama's at all.

Ian,

Nah mate, no bloody idea where it is.
Love to see some pics when ya get the chance
cheers Mick
__________________
To ride or not to ride?..... what sort of stupid question's that Ride Damnit
Keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #44
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!
 
MadGalah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld, Aus
Oddometer: 90
yeah no worries mate. I'll grab a couple in the morning for ya
__________________
It's not how quick you get there, it's the destination, I spose that depends who your with. Sometimes it can be a little too slow!
MadGalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #45
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!
 
MadGalah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld, Aus
Oddometer: 90
Mick,

Not real good pics but you can see that guards and bar

Name:  P1020205.JPG
Views: 1431
Size:  112.7 KB
__________________
It's not how quick you get there, it's the destination, I spose that depends who your with. Sometimes it can be a little too slow!
MadGalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014