Hytram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #77
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 9,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytram
know any details of that KLE650?
I dont know a lot more, I havent seen it in the flesh, a friend of a friend built it. A few more pics & a few details in this thread

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501343
Old 09-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #78
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

Oddometer: 90
H&B pannier racks arrived today...fit them on the weekend, then I might give them a try the following weekend.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #79
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

Oddometer: 90
Fitted the racks, probably not as per the manufacturer had intended. Never the less they are on and sturdy.
Also upgraded the Garmin bracket tothe RAM bracket.

So now the list is pretty much complete to be self sufficient on weekends away and longer.

DriRider soft panniers'
H&B pannier rack,
50ltr rear bag,
DriRider tank bag,
Ram GPS bracket to go with the 60Cx (just need to insatll a 12v socket)
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 AM   #80
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
OK KLE Blokes,

Have just come up for the 48,000km service - which is a pretty major one for all concerned. Basically it is time to tear everything (except the very reliable motor!) down.

I have just done mine and found the rear suspension linkages (rocker arm etc.) in dire need of lube; So bad in fact that I installed grease nipples to all the bits that need grease and I could not be shagged pullling off again until there is no other option...

My findings were less than impressive - SFA grease in any rear suspension componentry that I could find - you have been warned...

Regards

... was expecting 100K from this bike; now aiming for 150K ...
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #81
Oaka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Question Lube it

Hey doesn't sound good KLEarner, but I thought the suspension linkages should have been regreased in the first major service around 24 thousand Km. Was yours done and the grease has washed out?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #82
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Apparently mine were "checked" at around 24,000km, however , the lower shock mount point was the worst. That may be because it is exposed to more water/grime from the rear wheel; or it was just poorly greased from the factory. There was barely any grease on all other bearings in the rear suspension. Wheel bearings were ok - but I have a set of sealed units to go in down the track (when the originals give up the ghost.

Regards

Old 09-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #83
tksmith
Another GS Freak

Oddometer: 1,069
Good Thread on a nice bike

Hey guys, see your list of mods and not many putting on engine/crash bars. We use a few of these as they are great learners and now LAMS approved. We fit the SW-Motech bars first thing and they are fantastic. You can really get enthusiastic out in the bush with them, no fear of major engin/radiator damage.

We source them from
Motorrad Garage

www.motorradgarage.com.au

$300 delivered to your door, (might be more now, did the last one a few months ago)

A good set of Fastways is a must too. FYI BMW GS pegs are fitable with a little massaging if you come across a set from someone upgrading theirs.

Anyone from SEQ interested in checking out the Glasshouse area, give me a PM happy to show you around.

Adventure On!!
tksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #84
tksmith
Another GS Freak

NICE Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgreg
woohoo, built in vic !!!!!

Man that's what Kawasaki should have done. Can't believe the direction the Manufacturers are going with Dualy's 17" wide rims ARE USELESS. Can't they see the error of their ways.

People are spending big money on a dysfunctional bike and ending up with bad taste in their mouth as a result (It's not always dirt either!!)

What was done and how much?

Adventure On!!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #85
trokel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
Stalling Problem

Hi to all the KLE owners
I have a mate with an 07 KLE which seems to play up in the hot weather. We did a ride on the weekend and it kept stalling when he backed off or pulled up and then he would have trouble starting it. It only seems to happen in the hot weather.
Have any of you had a similar problem and if so how did you fix it?
trokel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #86
tksmith
Another GS Freak

Next time it happens open the filler cap and close it. See if it starts easier then. If so might be the tank breather line.

Have not had that problem with ours but they get ridden pretty often, wasps and bugs like to build nests in all sorts of places.

Have you got any mods? Pipe, jetting etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trokel
Hi to all the KLE owners
I have a mate with an 07 KLE which seems to play up in the hot weather. We did a ride on the weekend and it kept stalling when he backed off or pulled up and then he would have trouble starting it. It only seems to happen in the hot weather.
Have any of you had a similar problem and if so how did you fix it?

Adventure On!!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #87
trokel
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksmith
Next time it happens open the filler cap and close it. See if it starts easier then. If so might be the tank breather line.

Have not had that problem with ours but they get ridden pretty often, wasps and bugs like to build nests in all sorts of places.

Have you got any mods? Pipe, jetting etc?

Thanks for the reply

The bike is completely stock.
We didn't try it at the time but I reckon that could be a possibility because I am sure I saw a puddle of fuel under it at one stage when it was playing up as if the tank had pressurized and was forcing fuel out somewhere. I spoke to my mate this afternoon and he is going to try some new spark plugs but I think we need to take it out again in the hot weather and see if we can get it to play up.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #88
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

There are 2 breather tubes that lurk underneath the seat that can cause these symptoms, as well as a possible small vacuum leak in the small hose connected to the fuel tap on the tank.

If the fuel tap vacuum line has a small split, slight perish, or pinched it can reduce the flow of fuel from the tap to the carbies. It is also very easy to pinch either of the other hoses when reinstalling the tank after service if they are not routed correctly. One hose comes from the tank and the other from the carb area IIRC. It should be plainly obvious after the seat is removed anyways.

Cheers
Ian

Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #89
trokel
Studly Adventurer

Thanks I will pass the info on
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #90
jimmy101
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
See my post: