Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #841
bruceo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAWYN View Post
Thanks Albie, started looking for a Leo Vince, the Giant Loop just make so much sense to me, no need for subframes or frames
I've got a Giant Loop Coyote and an FMF can, works great!
bruceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #842
bruceo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Albie, started looking for a Leo Vince, the Giant Loop just make so much sense to me, no need for subframes or frames
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #843
bruceo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #844
ALLAWYN
Letsitle

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
Thanks Bruceo
ALLAWYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 AM   #845
Motardhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Rally Raids new rack looks great! nice grab handle on there too.

This is a nice looking rack. As previously asked, will anyone (ktmtwins.com) be carrying this?
Motardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #846
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,197
+1 on GL Coyote - running with Wings pipe. Just got my Mojave for day trips.

Allawyn, take a look here for stocker heat factor (link is to mega new) if you aren't watching
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #847
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,796
A happy customer with yellow Coyote spotted at KTM Adventure Rally, Lake Tahoe last weekend.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #848
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,939
Fixed the Loose Flopping Rear Fender assembly

After mounting the SW Motech Rear Fender Rack,
I drilled a 1/4" hole thru the rack & down thru the Rear Fender Assy.
I used aluminum spacers & a hard rubber flat washer, 1/4" phillips head bolt,
1-1/2"x1/4" fender washer & locknut Under the fender to support loose rear fender.
I was careful to not drill thru the wiring harness

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #849
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,104
Wachs - I love the look of that bag and would love to get one except for one problem... we have too many thieves over here! What's the chance you guys would ever make a version of this bag with an exo mesh type material protecting the goods and even more important some kind of cable running thru the bag that could then be attached to the bike? (Loosing the bag itself would usually be the biggest deal for me.)

I know some people get all hung up on it being impossible to stop ALL thieves. For what its worth, here are my thoughts on "petty thefts" in this part of the world.

Hypothetically, lets say you left your bike parked in a public place with your giant loop full of valuables, and the zipper/how to open the bag very obvious to all - and lets say that there were 1000 people who would steal out of the bag, under the exact same given circumstances it is my opinion (with more experience than most) that:

- 3/4 of those thefts would be foiled by hiding the zipper/how to open the bag. ie instead of having a black zipper with neon pull tab on a white bag, just having a black zipper on a black bag. That would leave 250/1000 thefts.
- another 80% of those thefts would be prevented by having one of those chesey miniature locks on the zipper that you could break pretty easily leaving you with 50/1000 thefts.

**Sadly, most of the above thefts are not considered thefts here, nor the people taking stuff thieves. If you left it easy to get to, they "assume the best" of you... that you wanted "to bless them!" kindof like leaving money behind on your table at a restaurant after you eat or in a hotel room on the dresser.***

Here is where the thieves come in....

- the number one tool of most thieves here is a razor knife. If they can't get it free or open a big enough hole to get stuff out in a few minutes with just a razor knife that would cut down 3/4 or the thefts leaving you 12/1000 thefts.
- next upgrade in the thieves arsenol is a pair of dikes/cutting pliars. If your system was strong enough you could cut thru it with dikes that would cut down on 1/2 of what was left leaving you with 6/1000 thefts.

** If your system was much stronger than being "dike proof" you are now in the range of someone is going to steal your complete motorcycle with the bag with the contents or just drawing attention to what must be in the bag that it is so important to hide!***

All that long story to say, I'd be happy with a giant loop that was "razor knife proof" and thrilled with one that was "dike proof"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs View Post
A happy customer with yellow Coyote spotted at KTM Adventure Rally, Lake Tahoe last weekend.

rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #850
Fishfund
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Wachs - I love the look of that bag and would love to get one except for one problem... we have too many thieves over here! What's the chance you guys would ever make a version of this bag with an exo mesh type material protecting the goods and even more important some kind of cable running thru the bag that could then be attached to the bike? (Loosing the bag itself would usually be the biggest deal for me.)

I know some people get all hung up on it being impossible to stop ALL thieves. For what its worth, here are my thoughts on "petty thefts" in this part of the world.

Hypothetically, lets say you left your bike parked in a public place with your giant loop full of valuables, and the zipper/how to open the bag very obvious to all - and lets say that there were 1000 people who would steal out of the bag, under the exact same given circumstances it is my opinion (with more experience than most) that:

- 3/4 of those thefts would be foiled by hiding the zipper/how to open the bag. ie instead of having a black zipper with neon pull tab on a white bag, just having a black zipper on a black bag. That would leave 250/1000 thefts.
- another 80% of those thefts would be prevented by having one of those chesey miniature locks on the zipper that you could break pretty easily leaving you with 50/1000 thefts.

**Sadly, most of the above thefts are not considered thefts here, nor the people taking stuff thieves. If you left it easy to get to, they "assume the best" of you... that you wanted "to bless them!" kindof like leaving money behind on your table at a restaurant after you eat or in a hotel room on the dresser.***

Here is where the thieves come in....

- the number one tool of most thieves here is a razor knife. If they can't get it free or open a big enough hole to get stuff out in a few minutes with just a razor knife that would cut down 3/4 or the thefts leaving you 12/1000 thefts.
- next upgrade in the thieves arsenol is a pair of dikes/cutting pliars. If your system was strong enough you could cut thru it with dikes that would cut down on 1/2 of what was left leaving you with 6/1000 thefts.

** If your system was much stronger than being "dike proof" you are now in the range of someone is going to steal your complete motorcycle with the bag with the contents or just drawing attention to what must be in the bag that it is so important to hide!***

All that long story to say, I'd be happy with a giant loop that was "razor knife proof" and thrilled with one that was "dike proof"!
I'm with you Ricky,

I would love a razor proof or dike proof model. The ONE time in all my travels where someone stole my stuff was actually when I was right next to my bike. It was dark and in a shady town. I was drinking water from a bag with my head tilted to the sky. The thieves razor bladed the straps on my Wolfman bags, but did not get anything inside. They didn't have enough time. They did however make out with my helmet and riding jacket that was sitting on the ground beside me. Tricky, tricky people.

You can always go the PacSafe wire mesh way, but that is so awkward to use on a daily basis, I gave up on those a while ago. It would be nice to have something built-in and fully visible to the thieves so they know not to even start attempting to cut through.
Fishfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #851
wachs
just passin' through

Quote:
Wachs - I love the look of that bag and would love to get one except for one problem... we have too many thieves over here!

I hear ya - we've looked at an integrated Pac-Safe-type of system but it more than doubles the retail price, weighs a ton (defeating the 'go-light, go fast' concept) and even when deployed takes up too much room.

My bike and all the gear associated is my only way home so I never leave it out of my sight. I've even tied fishing line to the bike and into my tent around an ankle just to make sure some drunk cowboy doesn't get any ideas about rolling the machine away.

Not having traveled around the world, I can't speak to those cultural differences but as the only way I'm going to get back where I started or reach the goal destination, I would never be separated from the bike without proper security.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #852
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfund View Post
You can always go the PacSafe wire mesh way, but that is so awkward to use on a daily basis, I gave up on those a while ago.It would be nice to have something built-in and fully visible to the thieves so they know not to even start attempting to cut through.
Excellent point as I probably would be willing to pay double for such a bag but at that point, 99% of the time the most expensive item would be the bag itself and I wouldn't want holes all over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs View Post
I hear ya - we've looked at an integrated Pac-Safe-type of system but it more than doubles the retail price, weighs a ton (defeating the 'go-light, go fast' concept) and even when deployed takes up too much room.

My bike and all the gear associated is my only way home so I never leave it out of my sight. I've even tied fishing line to the bike and into my tent around an ankle just to make sure some drunk cowboy doesn't get any ideas about rolling the machine away.

Not having traveled around the world, I can't speak to those cultural differences but as the only way I'm going to get back where I started or reach the goal destination, I would never be separated from the bike without proper security.
That there is probably the most extreme I've heard! Any false alarms from animals?

I just got back from a 2 week trip around SE Asia and ditched the tent for the first time and used a hammock. One night my back side just got grazed deep in the jungle as a wild boar ran under the hammock... I was just imaging him getting tangled up in fishing line attached to my ankle and running off into the jungle!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #853
wachs
just passin' through

Quote:
I was just imaging him getting tangled up in fishing line attached to my ankle and running off into the jungle!

Yeah - I've only done that a couple times but the thought of a deer or cow yanking me out of the tent by the ankle crossed my mind!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #854
rumpel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116

http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear...&id=130&cid=18
Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #855
dewe74
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Hey is anybody currently using the Factory KTM pannier racks on there 690 enduro? They look identical to the Touratech racks. Any feedback?

dewe74 is offline   Reply With Quote