Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #1156
pmsystem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibby View Post
PM, Those MRW graphics look good, any pics of the full graphics without luggage?
Also what bag is that?
cheers
Hi,

I already posted my bike here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882954

The bag is something I'm going to produce. By now I have just
protos (this is one and another smaller). I'm going to make a new model larger than that.

It is lighter than the GL .Of course the material is not the same, the GL
is better but it costs a lot more!! in my opinion is enough to have a good Cordura and put your stuff into a waterproof bag. That's it.

If u r interested send me a pvt msg.

Cheers

Pablo
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #1157
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by everetto View Post
Just got my Wolfman Monarch Pass bags;

I've been looking at these as well. But if you use a rack you mite as well use the expedition dry bags. They are waterproof and fit the rack. I am interested in the Monarchs but just to lose the weight of the rack. I have a set of expeditions from my T800 that I may use if I end up with the rack.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #1158
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 590
The Monarchs are designed to be used with that rack, or others. Though I agree about using the Expeditions. They are the only piece of gear that is a carryover from my last bike.

One nice plus to using the racks with the cross brace, is they tie the back end all together. No floppy tail or anything else.

sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #1159
everetto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
I went with the Monarchs instead of the Rocky Mtns because they will force me to pack lighter and the price was right. I plan on adding some basic dry bags from REI.

everetto screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 05:28 PM
everetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #1160
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post
The Monarchs are designed to be used with that rack, or others. Though I agree about using the Expeditions. They are the only piece of gear that is a carryover from my last bike.

One nice plus to using the racks with the cross brace, is they tie the back end all together. No floppy tail or anything else.

They will also be the only thing that I carry over. If I end up not using a rack I will sell them. Not sure about the weight or the design on the 690 Wolfman Racks.
I see you live in the Ozarks. Lucky dog! I took my first trip ever to the Ozarks for the Arky 500 this year. I fell in love with the place. Plan on returning in October for a camp and ride. I will have to trailer there this time though. Rode the T800 all the way from the Gulf Coast of Alabama last time. That's a little much for the 690 or at least for my back end!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #1161
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I went with the Monarchs instead of the Rocky Mtns because they will force me to pack lighter and the price was right. I plan on adding some basic dry bags from REI.

I do like how tight they seem to hug the bike. Decisions, decisions.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #1162
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
They will also be the only thing that I carry over. If I end up not using a rack I will sell them. Not sure about the weight or the design on the 690 Wolfman Racks.
I see you live in the Ozarks. Lucky dog! I took my first trip ever to the Ozarks for the Arky 500 this year. I fell in love with the place. Plan on returning in October for a camp and ride. I will have to trailer there this time though. Rode the T800 all the way from the Gulf Coast of Alabama last time. That's a little much for the 690 or at least for my back end!
I really wanted to do the Ark 500, but it was a work weekend for me. Hopefully next time, it won't be. Turpentine 'Creek is only about a 35 minute ride for me as I'm just 10 miles north of the Ark border.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #1163
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I do like how tight they seem to hug the bike. Decisions, decisions.
Fwiw, I've got almost 10k miles on those Expedition Drys, and the key word is dry. I have one of the Expedition dry duffels that I use as well. Nothing has ever gotten wet in any of the dry bags.

Riding this past weekend with friends, I was asked if I leave them on all the time. Told them I like the thinner looks of the bike without them, but considering they weigh almost nothing, the convenience of having them wins out for me. They also make nice air bags if you should happen to have a step off!

Everetto makes a good point about being forced to pack lite-same reason I went with the small tail bag lol. Interestingly enough, the volume is exactly the same for the Monarchs, and the Expedition Drys, so I guess it comes down to $ and staying dry.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #1164
everetto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Everetto makes a good point about being forced to pack lite-same reason I went with the small tail bag lol. Interestingly enough, the volume is exactly the same for the Monarchs, and the Expedition Drys, so I guess it comes down to $ and staying dry.
Believe me, if I had already had a set of the Expedition bags I would have gone with them fior sure! I almost bought a set in place of the Monarchs, just decided to save a little cash in the end (and it is never going to rain in New Mexico again anyway....).
everetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #1165
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Turpentine 'Creek is only about a 35 minute ride for me as I'm just 10 miles north of the Ark border.
Hey! You don't have to rub it in!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #1166
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Believe me, if I had already had a set of the Expedition bags I would have gone with them fior sure! I almost bought a set in place of the Monarchs, just decided to save a little cash in the end (and it is never going to rain in New Mexico again anyway....).
Well http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894203 is my current steed that leaves with a new owner tomorrow. (Sorry for the link but work has Photobucket blocked) My 2013 690 R is waiting for me in Pelham, AL. but I cant get it until after I return from taking the wife to Disney World next week. 20 yrs of marriage this year and she never complains about my hobbies.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #1167
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Well http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894203 is my current steed that leaves with a new owner tomorrow. (Sorry for the link but work has Photobucket blocked) My 2013 690 R is waiting for me in Pelham, AL. but I cant get it until after I return from taking the wife to Disney World next week. 20 yrs of marriage this year and she never complains about my hobbies.
grats on finding one! These bikes will put a smile on your face.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #1168
RWC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd34 View Post
And the Rocky Mountain bags as well.

Received my wolf man side and tail racks last night. side rack mounting holes are not lining up on the top of the fender, anyone else had this problem and how did you fix the problem? had the same problem on my f800 but could get more leverage on the bars as they were longer and could pull them into place
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #1169
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC View Post
Received my wolf man side and tail racks last night. side rack mounting holes are not lining up on the top of the fender, anyone else had this problem and how did you fix the problem? had the same problem on my f800 but could get more leverage on the bars as they were longer and could pull them into place
I just ordered the same thing. The Wolfman racks are usually spot on. You may have gotten a bad set. I would return them for another set.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #1170
KC-10ENG
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
If anyone was wondering...The Rally Raid side racks and the SW-Mototech top rack will not mate up with one and other. I believe my fab guy is going to get the chance to cut up and mod the SW rack so that I can use them together.
KC-10ENG is offline   Reply With Quote