Old 11-29-2009, 03:04 AM   #166
Gobby
Trust Me!

Oddometer: 408
Eco Barkbusters

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoOz
Hey there
I have just bought an '06 2fiddy & some Bark Buster EGOs to go on it. With the stocker levers they dont fit without hitting the braces.

Any clues as to other sorst of serious hand guards (not plastic only) that will fit without replacing the levers ????
What I did was to move my controls away from the grips (i.e. towards the clocks), then they fit w/o hitting the guards.

Lets Ride
Gobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:54 AM   #167
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,330
Thumb

Quote:
Hey there
I have just bought an '06 2fiddy & some Bark Buster EGOs to go on it. With the stocker levers they dont fit without hitting the braces.

Any clues as to other sorst of serious hand guards (not plastic only) that will fit without replacing the levers ????
first welcome to drz250 thread
i would more the lever mounts towards the center untill the levers clear.

edward
Old 11-29-2009, 05:38 AM   #168
gij
mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Ego's on my DRZ250

Quote:
Hey there

Mine touch and its not an issue. My guards are horizontal and the levers point down not quiet 45 degrees so they sometimes touch the bottom of the ali insert when the vibrations cause them to rattle but usually they don't touch. I usually point my levers down a bit so my fingers rest on them comfortably when I'm standing up. My levers are still the stockers, thanks to the guards.
gij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #169
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

same for me levers are about 45degs. down works great

edward
Old 11-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #170
RoscoOz
Aprentice Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Thanks Lads i will have a crack at that tonight. Any one know where i can get the service manual ?
RoscoOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #171
greenwater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
service manual

PM me and I will email it to you
greenwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #172
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwater
PM me and I will email it to you
does that mean any one?

edward
Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #173
RoscoOz
Aprentice Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
DR-Z Service Manual

Greenwater

Thanks but i was looking for a Suzuki DR-Z 250 Service manual. What you sent was great and may be usefull in some regards.

Does anyone have a DR-Z250 2001 - 2007 Service Manual in a PDF format ??

Trail Zone did a DR-Z 250 Project Bike for a couple of months and i have a scan of these articles if any one is interested.

Let me know
RoscoOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #174
Tancred
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I would be interested in taking a look at those articles. I just picked up a DRZ250 today in Cambodia for $400. So its my new toy, I had an 99 Honda AX-1 for light off road use but after I shook all of the plastic off on a few trail rides, I decided I needed something a bit more stout.

Looking forward to getting more info about this bike, from what I have read everyone says it should be fine for trail riding, so I think I made the right choice...
Tancred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:24 AM   #175
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancred
I would be interested in taking a look at those articles. I just picked up a DRZ250 today in Cambodia for $400. So its my new toy, I had an 99 Honda AX-1 for light off road use but after I shook all of the plastic off on a few trail rides, I decided I needed something a bit more stout.

Looking forward to getting more info about this bike, from what I have read everyone says it should be fine for trail riding, so I think I made the right choice...
welcome aboard

they are great bikes very stout

pot ome pix of your bike

check out http://twincam250.forumotion.net/forum.htm

edward
Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #176
Tancred
n00b

So the DRZ is at the shop since it was bought with engine damage and the Djebel that was sitting next to it in neglected shape was $400 as well. But it has a nasty stutter and stumble mid to high rpm. So, why the hell not. I bought the Djebel too for $350. I will post pics of the DRZ when she gets back from the shop...$200 for a complete rebuild...

Tall damn motorbike....I am 6'4 and this thing is easily 3'5 to the seat...came with a set of risers and a fake yoshi exhaust and the stocker as well.....the fake yoshi seems to help it with its stumble which I am guessing is maybe a jet issue? It has like green scrub pads for cleaning dishes as an air filter...I ordered an OEM so I am going to see if that fixes the issue....People do strange things to engines...
Old 12-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #177
K44rll
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancred
Tall damn motorbike....I am 6'4 and this thing is easily 3'5 to the seat...
If you look at the lower shock mount in the picture you will see it has a second hole...using this lowers the rear of the Djebel
If you undo the pinch bolts on the triple clamps you can slide the forks upwards and you will see they have markings to match the rear ride height

There is an optional side stand for lowered Djebels or you can cut and modify the o/e one

Karl
K44rll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #178
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K44rll
If you look at the lower shock mount in the picture you will see it has a second hole...using this lowers the rear of the Djebel
If you undo the pinch bolts on the triple clamps you can slide the forks upwards and you will see they have markings to match the rear ride height

There is an optional side stand for lowered Djebels or you can cut and modify the o/e one

Karl
i wonder if that works for a drz250 aswell?

edward
Old 12-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #179
b0mb3r
Old Git

Oddometer: 1,798
Hi guys
Today i got a drz250 for the wife and me to play on so i need a manual to do the valves and shit ....... can anyone point me in the right direction please

more pics please

White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #180
Tancred
n00b

Happy to report that we solved the stutter issue this afternoon, rebuilt and cleaned the carb one of the plastic floats was missing. Dear god its like a whole new machine. Runs like a whip and feels like a pillow when landing! Took it out and hit every single hole in the road and every bump that could provide some air. This Suspension is awesome. Going to wait until the DRZ is ready and then take the two on a good 2-3 day trip.....The DRZ250 somehow improved on this machine? Holy crap. I cant wait! I spent all day pounding around on this thing after a few fixes. Still waiting on a legit air filter, but other then that...its alive and doing well after being neglected. Ordered a new face too...the big light doesn't do it for me. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the info Karl. Time to find some real riding gear...fixed the gauges....6700kms on the clock when the odo cable snapped..I wonder how long ago that was....