Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #1966
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyjoy View Post
Hi, I am new to this site. I own a Djebel 250XC and wanna check with you guys if I can use the DRZ250 stock exhaust system on my Djebel and if it will be a performance upgrade? Many thanks for the help.
The only advantage is that with the DRZ250 exhaust you can easily remove the baffle. This together with correct airbox and carb jetting mods would result in more power, but more noise as well.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #1967
joyjoy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Thanks for the reply...I am now running the stock dejbel exhaust system and it sucks. But it is a very quiet pipe. The country I run in requires quiet legal exhaust system. so I guess FMF or other aftermarket system will not be allowed. I am guessing my next best solution will be the stock DRZ250 system which looks street legal yet offer better performance than the Djebel's. Any opinions?
joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #1968
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Thanks for the reply...I am now running the stock dejbel exhaust system and it sucks. But it is a very quiet pipe. The country I run in requires quiet legal exhaust system. so I guess FMF or other aftermarket system will not be allowed. I am guessing my next best solution will be the stock DRZ250 system which looks street legal yet offer better performance than the Djebel's. Any opinions?
I'm in Japan and also ride a Djebel 250XC so I know exactly what you're talking about regarding performance, though actually I'm satisfied with my bike's power. Feels good for a 250.

Your money but I don't think that running a stock DRZ muffler is going to gain you any more power. The quickest way to get more grunt would be to go down a tooth in the front sprocket or up a couple in the rear to lower your gear ratio.

What year is your Djebel? You could also change to the pumper carb (standard equipment on Djebels from 1996-1999) if you have a later model with the cv carb.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #1969
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,328
while your in japan , i'm looking for a stock djebel 250 headlight. good used would be fine.

i can say my 2002 drz250 with a full yoshi and pumper carb runs worlds better than the 2007 stock exhaust and cv bikes i have had.

i have run 13/49 sprockets on both and the yoshi/pumper combo was the best!
13/46 and 15/49 as dual-sport gearing
Old 06-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #1970
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
while your in japan , i'm looking for a stock djebel 250 headlight. good used would be fine.
You're looking for just the headlight, not the surround aluminum mount, or do you want both? Nothing on auction now but I can keep an eye out.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #1971
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

i have a mount and need the light .
but if the deal is good enough i would get the whole thing.

thank you
Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #1972
joyjoy
Adventurer

Quote:

i can say my 2002 drz250 with a full yoshi and pumper carb runs worlds better than the 2007 stock exhaust and cv bikes i have had.

i have run 13/49 sprockets on both and the yoshi/pumper combo was the best!
13/46 and 15/49 as dual-sport gearing
Lucky for me that I am still able to get japan to ship dejbel parts in though I am in Singapore. But japan woundn't want to send the GPS version bracket when I ordered for it. dunno why. recently just ordered and got a completed headlight only for SDG$275. I do very interested in the GPS version bracket. looks cool and might be also useful to have that.
BTW, Tdrrally...does running 13/46 affect fuel comsumpion much? I am running the FCR 32mm carb.
there is an auction on ebay selling from japan the dejbel GPS version but its too expensive. going for USD$500 plus. might go check it out to confirm.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #1973
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

the 13/46 helps the fuel mileage
Old 06-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #1974
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
i have a mount and need the light .
but if the deal is good enough i would get the whole thing.

thank you
OK, will keep an eye out.

Stumbled across an interesting Djebel website where a couple different kinds of headlights were successfully mounted in the Djebel headlight frame. Have a gander, decent pics and maybe Google translation will help make it more understandable.

http://2nd.geocities.jp/nazono_djebe.../headlight.htm
Old 06-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #1975
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

cool thank you

tdrrally screwed with this post 06-16-2013 at 05:51 PM
tdrrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #1976
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
You could have bought a good used CRF150R/RB FCR 32mm carb instead. Better perforamce and fuel economy then the mikuni.
I was limited on what I could buy since I was not the one paying. The moving company broke my carb, so they paid. I just gave them the part number to the TM instead of the CV! I know I am sneaky, but they shouldn't have been jacking with stuff.

I got it going well enough to ride for an hour this weekend at the horrible riding area on post. However when I bip the throttle in neutral, it still boggs down. Once I am going though, everything seems to run fine. I think I need a bigger jet, so we will see once it comes in.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #1977
lam007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Dual Sport Tires

Ok everyone I am getting close to needing a new rear tire for my DRZ 250. Right know I have just a non DOT tires on it but I am riding the road and need to get a set of DOT. I use it for alot of commuting and trail ride on the weekends so I have been looking at some Kenda's 270, Shinko 244. These tires are still aggresive but wont wear out as quick on the pavement as the knobbies. What do yall think. I am open to suggestions.
lam007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #1978
tdrrally OP
Beastly Adventurer

good choices , a trackmaster II is a good direction too
Old 06-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #1979
joyjoy
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleger View Post
I was limited on what I could buy since I was not the one paying. The moving company broke my carb, so they paid. I just gave them the part number to the TM instead of the CV! I know I am sneaky, but they shouldn't have been jacking with stuff.

I got it going well enough to ride for an hour this weekend at the horrible riding area on post. However when I bip the throttle in neutral, it still boggs down. Once I am going though, everything seems to run fine. I think I need a bigger jet, so we will see once it comes in.

Maybe you will not want to mess with the main jet first. Try playing with the jet needle and fuel screw first, then see how it goes. do a plug chop, if it is good colour then there is no need for a main jet change. Take care also that if the bike hesitate at high speedo when you do a sudden opening of the throttle, the main jet might be too large. that's just my experience with the TM pumper carb.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #1980
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam007 View Post
Ok everyone I am getting close to needing a new rear tire for my DRZ 250. Right know I have just a non DOT tires on it but I am riding the road and need to get a set of DOT. I use it for alot of commuting and trail ride on the weekends so I have been looking at some Kenda's 270, Shinko 244. These tires are still aggresive but wont wear out as quick on the pavement as the knobbies. What do yall think. I am open to suggestions.
I like Michelin T63s