ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #2971
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!

Oddometer: 539
Yes sir, we had fun. What was the name of that church? I wanted to research it a bit...
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #2972
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Oddometer: 1,710
Sounds like a blast!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #2973
wrangler747
KLR for life

Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe
Yes sir, we had fun. What was the name of that church? I wanted to research it a bit...
Williams Creek Church on Williams Creek Church Road in Warren County
also was a tag of M&MM which Josh grabbed on his goldwing in the N ga tag thread..
wrangler747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #2974
sdthorpe

Hey Big Cat,

I'd love to have the tracks from yesterday's ride when you get a chance...
Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #2975
Catalyst
Explorer

Oddometer: 575
Yep, it was a great ride. Enjoyed the stream crossings the most.

No prob Thorpe. I'm out of town, but remind me again next week. I'll see if I can clean it up a little.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #2976
buelless
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Looks like i missed a great ride, really looking forward to the next one...

Anyway, while y'all were playing in the dirt i was trying to find some protection for this brittle bod at Cycle Gear in Columbia. Here are my impressions for your enlightenment.

CG is pretty easy to find, right off of i26 in the kroger shopping center (817 St Andrews Rd to be exact). The building was a little smaller than i expected but they had a decent selection of riding gear, looked like about a 35/65 split in favor of street gear. They were having a "wicked w/e" sale with many items marked down, but unfortunately, not much of the sale items were what i was looking for. The staff was helpful and friendly and don't mind you taking the wrapper off if you need to try something on. Checked out the alpine stars body armor but settled on fox since it seemed about of equal quality but cost considerably less. The best thing about going was being able to try on the gear and look it over. Sizes seemed to run a little small so be warned if you order online. To sum it up, if you have other business in Columbia, CG is worth a look, especially if you need to be fitted before you buy. But if you are confident in what you want, then you can probably find a better deal by scouring the net.
BTW, they just took on Benelli and had a crotch rocket and sport tourer on hand, 1150 cc triples i believe - they also make a dual sport model with the same motor. Those Italians really make a pretty ride...

Let me know if anyone has questions and i'll try to help.

PS: Was going to post some pics but they failed to upload.
buelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #2977
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by buelless
Looks like i missed a great ride, really looking forward to the next one...

Anyway, while y'all were playing in the dirt i was trying to find some protection for this brittle bod at Cycle Gear in Columbia. Here are my impressions for your enlightenment.

CG is pretty easy to find, right off of i26 in the kroger shopping center (817 St Andrews Rd to be exact). The building was a little smaller than i expected but they had a decent selection of riding gear, looked like about a 35/65 split in favor of street gear. They were having a "wicked w/e" sale with many items marked down, but unfortunately, not much of the sale items were what i was looking for. The staff was helpful and friendly and don't mind you taking the wrapper off if you need to try something on. Checked out the alpine stars body armor but settled on fox since it seemed about of equal quality but cost considerably less. The best thing about going was being able to try on the gear and look it over. Sizes seemed to run a little small so be warned if you order online. To sum it up, if you have other business in Columbia, CG is worth a look, especially if you need to be fitted before you buy. But if you are confident in what you want, then you can probably find a better deal by scouring the net.
BTW, they just took on Benelli and had a crotch rocket and sport tourer on hand, 1150 cc triples i believe - they also make a dual sport model with the same motor. Those Italians really make a pretty ride...

Let me know if anyone has questions and i'll try to help.

PS: Was going to post some pics but they failed to upload.

Its a pretty good place, I wish they had one here. They will also mount and balance your tires, even if you didn't purchase from them. Would love to see some pics.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #2978
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

I'm thinking about doing some kind of adventure up in the hills last week of the year ask Cat; he thinks he can just wanted extend the offer to anyone else.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #2979
wrangler747
KLR for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman955i
I'm thinking about doing some kind of adventure up in the hills last week of the year ask Cat; he thinks he can just wanted extend the offer to anyone else.
meaning the last week of December... could be up for it depending of relative/family visits for holidays
Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #2980
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Yeah starting on the 27th, thinking about leaving from Augusta and ride and camp.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #2981
JustGreg
Fast as Molasses

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst
Getting close to ride time! Who's in?

So far I know it's Thorpe and I. Jman's a solid maybe. M&MM has to work. Drinnen, Wrangler, Buelless, Andy, Beergoggled or any of the rest of y'all?

We had a little rain today - I hope it settles down the dust a little bit!
I wish I could of made it. Sounds like you guys had fun.

JustGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #2982
sdthorpe

Man, that would be nice. Except, do you know how friggin cold it's gonna be?!?!

My wife's birthday is the 30th, we always go to Hilton Head for her birthday and for New Years, so I'm out for that trip...

Wouldn't there be a chance some of the FS roads would be gated off that time of year for hunting and such??
Old 10-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #2983
wrangler747
KLR for life

cat and thorpe..think that water hole of red mud did my battery in..I need to buy a sealed one..I somehow lost most of my fluid and she was dead as dead when I went to fire her up this morning and wont hold a charge...weird how they all of a sudden go..sort of like Willy-B's did that one time..
Old 10-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #2984
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

I got a route to Toccoa worked out already mostly dirt, so far just scouting past Toccoa it looks like it would be good riding.

Wranger I get my batteries at Battery Plus.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #2985
sdthorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman955i
I got a route to Toccoa worked out already mostly dirt, so far just scouting past Toccoa it looks like it would be good riding.
Man, Would I love to see that route...