ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #4411
gp999
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and my monkee View Post
Alright GP and Jman!
I'm good to go anywhere. Either north (Abbeville loop) or west (Powellton/Heavys) is good. Just realized its been close on a year since I rode any dirt at all!
Would love to ride again, let me know when you want to go again
Hope your well
Gp
gp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #4412
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!

Oddometer: 543
It's been 8,000 miles on my XR so I figure it's about time to replace certain OEM parts with these:

I'm going with different gearing; 14/48 seems to be the ratio of choice among most XR riders I know...

I figured I'd better knock some of the mud off before Bill and I get to work on it next week, so I decided to ride it up to a car wash here in North Augusta. Halfway there I decided to go on a little ride first. I mean, if I'm already planning on cleaning it up... right? So, I drove on past the car wash, onto Hwy 1, then to 5th street bridge, ducked under the marina and started riding the Levee Rd all the way to the Lock and Dam. It was nice, popped out at the Airport, farted around a bit and worked my way back. Here's some pics, in case your bored;

This is a "backyard ride" for me; easily on dirt in 5 mins from the house. I realized today while riding, that it won't be so close in the near future. We're moving out to Columbia County mid January...

We need to do the Abbeville Ride soon, anybody up for it sometime between Christmas and New Years?!?
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #4413
gp999
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
It's been 8,000 miles on my XR so I figure it's about time to replace certain OEM parts with these:

I'm going with different gearing; 14/48 seems to be the ratio of choice among most XR riders I know...

I figured I'd better knock some of the mud off before Bill and I get to work on it next week, so I decided to ride it up to a car wash here in North Augusta. Halfway there I decided to go on a little ride first. I mean, if I'm already planning on cleaning it up... right? So, I drove on past the car wash, onto Hwy 1, then to 5th street bridge, ducked under the marina and started riding the Levee Rd all the way to the Lock and Dam. It was nice, popped out at the Airport, farted around a bit and worked my way back. Here's some pics, in case your bored;

This is a "backyard ride" for me; easily on dirt in 5 mins from the house. I realized today while riding, that it won't be so close in the near future. We're moving out to Columbia County mid January...

We need to do the Abbeville Ride soon, anybody up for it sometime between Christmas and New Years?!?
I wood love to go, let's ride
I can go tomrrow or next weekend
gp
Old 12-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #4414
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,573
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Hay guys. Just wanted to wish yall a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from the Outback. Ride safe and stay in touch.

Canoli
canoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #4415
sdthorpe

Abbeville

Gonna be cold as heck, but a couple of us are riding the Abbeville loop tomorrow.

Meet at sportsman corner at 10:00.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #4416
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Oddometer: 1,713
Would love to but i can't. Maria needs me here.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #4417
gp999
Adventurer

Quote:
Gonna be cold as heck, but a couple of us are riding the Abbeville loop tomorrow.

Meet at sportsman corner at 10:00.
I'm up for it... Where is sportsman corner?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #4418
Flyrotax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Sportsman Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp999 View Post
First exit off I-20 going into SC, that would be Martintown road. Turn North or away from NA. Go about 5 or 6 miles. Sportsman Corner is on the left at the intersection of Martintown Rd, and Woodlawn Rd. Its a gas station convenance
store , with a BBQ place next door.
Flyrotax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #4419
sdthorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman955i View Post
Would love to but i can't. Maria needs me here.
Totally understand Brother. She still showing signs of improvement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp999 View Post
Fantastic! Be on the lookout for 3 XR's. Bundle up!

Y'all bring some cash for lunch, the place we're eating at in Abbeville has the best hotdogs you've ever had, but they don't take plastic, I don't think...
Old 12-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #4420
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Totally understand Brother. She still showing signs of improving
I have been emotionally exhausted. I will put it like this. She was making great progress until Christmas Eve. Then it went down hill to the point of the dr asking me if she codes do they want me to allow them to rescuitate her. I told them to let her go. It has taken a few years off of my life. I have lost 15lbs in 23 days. I don't recommend this diet.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #4421
Flyrotax
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman955i View Post
I have been emotionally exhausted. I will put it like this. She was making great progress until Christmas Eve. Then it went down hill to the point of the dr asking me if she codes do they want me to allow them to rescuitate her. I told them to let her go. It has taken a few years off of my life. I have lost 15lbs in 23 days. I don't recommend this diet.
Josh,
You and Maria are in our thoughts and prayers.
Bill
Old 12-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #4422
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrotax View Post
Josh,
You and Maria are in our thoughts and prayers.
Bill
Thank you Bill.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #4423
sdthorpe

Well, we had a great day, cold and a bit muddy, but fun. I didn't take any pics, I didn't feel like taking off two pair of gloves...

Really enjoyed meeting/riding with George and Phil. Let's do it again soon!!

Bill, do you have anything you want to share with the group?!?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #4424
Flyrotax
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Well, we had a great day, cold and a bit muddy, but fun. I didn't take any pics, I didn't feel like taking off two pair of gloves...

Really enjoyed meeting/riding with George and Phil. Let's do it again soon!!

Bill, do you have anything you want to share with the group?!?
Well Dave, if you are talking about the rumor of mysterious forces that are located around Peaceful Creek that try and suck unsuspecting motorcycle riders down into a bottom less quad-mire, I can confirm that those forces do exists, and one should always take extra caution while anywhere close to this area.
Another rumor is that XR650Ls are bullet proof-maybe but just the smallest thing like a drop of water in the wrong place seems to bring the beast to its knees.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #4425
sdthorpe

I gotta brag on Bill for a minute. After going under in a creek in this mornings weather would have sent me running straight back home; Especially when we were only 30 mins into the ride.

Bill's XR isn't the only thing that's bulletproof. He is an inspiration to me, I promise you that!!