ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #5701
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Great stuff sir
ts3doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #5702
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,662
We are headed to CO in two weeks for single track. Where did you go?
2whlrcr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #5703
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
We did not single track because even street legal bikes now have to be registered to ride them [new rules I guess] and Eric had his wife on back all the time .
Buena Vista and Leadville.
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #5704
2whlrcr
gooligan

According to the law, I guess it's always been on the books, but they just started enforcing it last year. Before that, if you had a plate, they would only check to make sure you had a spark arrester. My sticker arrived a couple of days ago.

We are headed to Sargents and will ride there and the Taylor areas. Horseshoe here I come!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #5705
Fallacy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Myself and 3 friends just got back last night from a week in Colorado, we spent 2 nights at a cabin in Sargents. I'm always amazed at the people I meet while staying in Sargents, ISDE riders, Penton and Husqvarna factory riders, Pikes Peak competitors, 20 time Baja 1000 racers, amazing people everywhere you look.
We had a DR650, Tiger 800, Weestrom, and a Vesys, so our trip was far from single track, we certainly tested the will of the Wee and Versys riders, they held up well all things considered.
Tell Josh at Tomichi creek hi from "Bob from Iowa".
Have a great trip.
Fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #5706
2whlrcr
gooligan

Too bad you didn't have your GG, you could have rode up Agate Creek. Though I do know a couple of guys who did it on KLR's.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #5707
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Wal-Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
We did not single track because even street legal bikes now have to be registered to ride them [new rules I guess] and Eric had his wife on back all the time .
Buena Vista and Leadville.
We bought our Colorado Off Road Stickers at Wal-Mart in Salida last year, No Problem, if I remember right $25.
WRW9751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #5708
Fallacy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
I rode Agate creek last July on my Husqvarna TE250, the GG would have been like cheating, but a much less terrorizing kind of fun.
Fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #5709
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
According to the law, I guess it's always been on the books, but they just started enforcing it last year. Before that, if you had a plate, they would only check to make sure you had a spark arrester. My sticker arrived a couple of days ago.

We are headed to Sargents and will ride there and the Taylor areas. Horseshoe here I come!
If Horseshoe is the trail just south of the top of Tomichi pass then that is the wildest trail I have ridden. I have slides of ridding it that I need to make into pictures. Good stuff.
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #5710
2whlrcr
gooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
If Horseshoe is the trail just south of the top of Tomichi pass then that is the wildest trail I have ridden. I have slides of ridding it that I need to make into pictures. Good stuff.
Yes, that's it. We ride up it from other direction and come out on top and hook up on the pass road, or there are a couple of other options too. I think I've rode all of the trail system in the Taylor and Sargent's area and everyone in our group calls this one the toughest. Not super steep, but a steady pull up with never ending rock and exposed roots, tight switchbacks at the top near the tree line and then up on top in the open, it's still plenty rocky. Star, Timberline, Agate, Tank, Greens have their moments, but Horseshoe is always the cherry for us.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #5711
aselmike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Dragoon trail

I'm planning on finding, and riding as much of the dragoon trail as possible this weekend.
Anyone interested in joining me?

Planning on leaving waterloo Saturday morning, and heading to Fort Dodge, then riding to Lake Red Rock. From there I might camp out for the night, but might ride back. I havent made up my mind yet.

I'd be happy to have company!

Long ashes to you all!
aselmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #5712
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselmike View Post
I'm planning on finding, and riding as much of the dragoon trail as possible this weekend.
Anyone interested in joining me?

Planning on leaving waterloo Saturday morning, and heading to Fort Dodge, then riding to Lake Red Rock. From there I might camp out for the night, but might ride back. I havent made up my mind yet.

I'd be happy to have company!
I and a couple of inmates ride the Trail fairly regular. IMO the best riding is from LeHigh to Boone. Great Gravel! Gets rather uninspiring south of Madrid. JMO
WRW9751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #5713
aselmike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRW9751 View Post
I and a couple of inmates ride the Trail fairly regular. IMO the best riding is from LeHigh to Boone. Great Gravel! Gets rather uninspiring south of Madrid. JMO
Thanks for the insight!
I'll probably ride the whole thing the first time, just so I can say I did.

Long ashes to you all!
aselmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #5714
Raoul Duke
█║▌│ █│║▌ ║││█║▌ │

Oddometer: 911
Anyone in the DSM area want to go over and pollute the sea of chrome tonight on second street with some ADV bikes?

https://www.facebook.com/BigBarnHD
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #5715
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 444
Element Designs Rogue for iPhone5.
Mount a RAM ball mount to the belt holster using a strap of aluminum over the belt clip itself and 2 stainless machine screws/lock washers.

I have tried to get the phone to pop free on some pretty gnarly stuff and even threw it on the Husky for some off road stuff and it has yet to pop loose from the holster.

Of course, the price of the Element Rogue is prohibitive to most as it is silly spendy...
Ducati in The Rockies 2014 RR
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote