ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #76
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Count me in for the Saturday breakfast...

Here's a picture of my KTM 640 Adventure, ADV sticker and all... I picked it up from McGraths last Saturday. Had to do some regular fixes...sprockets, chain, tires, breaks...all ready to go. Weather is suppose to warm up this week too!!!

Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #77
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
Count me in for the Saturday breakfast...

Here's a picture of my KTM 640 Adventure, ADV sticker and all... I picked it up from McGraths last Saturday. Had to do some regular fixes...sprockets, chain, tires, breaks...all ready to go. Weather is suppose to warm up this week too!!!

Sweet! I'm not used to knowing anybody with a KTM

Sounds like maybe I should do some snooping around for a breakfast place then. There has to be a good one downtown here, and we can sneak into the garages to avoid paying for parking so that isn't a huge concern either. There is an ADVer here in town who actually works at a diner that might be good for breakfast but I'll have to talk to him about what might work best for parking if we get more than a few people to show.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #78
mjydrafter
evil boy for life

Oddometer: 4,057
I think the Hamburg Inn serves breakfast. Haven't eaten there for a long time. Good little greasey spoon with decent prices.

There's one over on the South side too, but I can't remember the name of it.
Yes! Whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by International Communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!
mjydrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #79
WFRTony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalGirl
I also just got a used suzuki drz400 to mess around with
Did you buy the '07 SM that was for sale in town?
WFRTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #80
ShrinerDan
Helping kids walk

Oddometer: 1,173
Just got in

I just got home from a ride around Waterloo/Cedar Falls. That wind is a real killer today. 20 degrees I can handle but the wind with it I can do without. Just about got blown into a soccer mom on University Ave.
Waterloo lodge #105 AF&AM
El Kahir Shrine AAONMS
High Twelve Club #46
ShrinerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #81
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Mt Vernon on Hwy 1 and Hwy 30 is a nice crossroads, dowtown Mt Vernon has a few nice mom and pop places to eat...no fears of parking issues and then after breakfast we can venture out for some back road riding...
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #82
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,645
Quote:
Cedar Rapids here... The good weather got me inspired to get the KTM ready for spring riding. Its got new tires, sprockets, chain...etc...all ready to ride once the weather breaks. I'm working on my XR650R right now...Plan on hitting the Waterloo ATV park soon for some testing...
If you know anything about KTM's and are interested in helping me get my Duke fired back up (electrical issues) I will provide , I am out of home brew at the moment. Need to get on that ASAP. I think I am going to mildly dual sport it this season if I can find an 18L tank and swap out the tires
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #83
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Mt Vernon on Hwy 1 and Hwy 30 is a nice crossroads, dowtown Mt Vernon has a few nice mom and pop places to eat...no fears of parking issues and then after breakfast we can venture out for some back road riding...
That might actually work pretty good. I actually like the sound of that better than finding a place to put half a dozen motorcycles in Iowa City on a Saturday morning

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #84
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
That might actually work pretty good. I actually like the sound of that better than finding a place to put half a dozen motorcycles in Iowa City on a Saturday morning
Parking is not THAT bad downtown, but no reason to go downtown other than to see college girls doing the walk o shame back home.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #85
ShrinerDan
Helping kids walk

Hey, Who's going to the swap meet at Hawkeye Downs on Saturday? I'm pretty sure I'll be there.
El Kahir Shrine AAONMS
High Twelve Club #46
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #86
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinerDan
Hey, Who's going to the swap meet at Hawkeye Downs on Saturday? I'm pretty sure I'll be there.
Time? I might be far too hungover if it's early to think about leaving my house.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #87
ShrinerDan
Helping kids walk

All freakin day. I'm going to try to get a room down there friday night. Having a fish fry at the Shrine event center on friday evening.
El Kahir Shrine AAONMS
High Twelve Club #46
Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #88
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

I'm going to be out of town... Heading to Council Bluffs for the weekend otherwise I would be there...

30Bones, set you a PM about your electrical issues on your Duke. Lets get that bike in my garage and see what sort of damage to the beer we can do and fix the electrical...

Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #89
GlobalGirl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFRTony
Did you buy the '07 SM that was for sale in town?
Yes, if you are talking about the one that was for sale at King's Motorsports with the KTM bikes. The Suzuki is a nice bike. I've been riding it now around town and on the gravel roads by my house for a few days. It's nice and light and agile, and a good supplement to the much heavier BMW I have for adventure touring. Apparently they had the Suzuki for sale for quite a few months, but it didn't move because it was over winter. Does anyone know anything about changing tires on the DRZ 400 SM? Is it possible to put tires on it that are somewhat more dirt oriented than the super motard tires that are on it now? Thanks!

Michele
Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #90
MikeFromMT
Past Tense

Oddometer: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalGirl
Does anyone know anything about changing tires on the DRZ 400 SM? Is it possible to put tires on it that are somewhat more dirt oriented than the super motard tires that are on it now? Thanks!

Michele
I don’t know squat about the DRZ but I do have a bike that has a very rare tire size, I get my tires from www.DennisKirk.com if they’ve got tires for my bike they’ve got to have some for yours, just pick out the style you desire in your particular size. I had a very lame "trail tire" then tossed those for a good DOT rated knobby, I needed to re-gear but then again I'm only working with 249cc.

Do I look like a man with a plan?
MikeFromMT is offline   Reply With Quote