Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #16
xdbx
Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer: 2,493
this is the route I wish I would have taken on my May trip to copper canyon. Can't wait for more!
xdbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 AM   #17
funseeker2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
So how did you end up taking the right road.Gps,signs,or the locals directions,or were you just lucky???
funseeker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #18
TomN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,503
Good stuff
Old 07-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
Hotmamaandme OP
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,650
OH yes the Tacos in San Felipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Ho Silver
After the first water obstacle the road was decent and scenic until we dropped out of a grove of trees and hit the sand. I lost track of how many times I nearly fell and saved it with a quick thrust of the legs one side then the other. Cory was having similar problems and I don't know how he did it loaded as he was and doubled up. The heat was a factor and took so much out of you as you were standing a lot and fighting to maintain the flying pig upright on two wheels. It was the first taste of much more that was to come our way over the next two weeks.

Tacos in San Felipe were worth the ride. I'd do it again just for the tacos.
The Taco Shop in San Felipe
The wife (Marcia) wrote a blirp about them in her log. The breaded and fried shrimp tacos as I recall were fantastic.

Wifes Log: "We ate at the Taco Factory. We had a combination of Shrimp, Chicken, and Steak. The shrimp was the best so we ordered another round of shrimp tacos."

When we got into the sand all the pictures stoped and it was just lets get through this sand! My wife was talking to me through the intercom and saying why did you pick this road!? Good Times!

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."

Hotmamaandme screwed with this post 07-30-2008 at 10:32 AM
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #20
Hotmamaandme OP
Wishing I was riding RTW

A little of all three

Quote:
Originally Posted by funseeker2
So how did you end up taking the right road.Gps,signs,or the locals directions,or were you just lucky???
Like I said in the first post have a paper map a couple of the same places by differnt makers and the GPS and use them together to get the best gut feeling for the right direction.

We soon found out when we asked the locals for directions it was the same answer no matter how wrong they were. "Dos huoruras" thats supposed to say "Two hours" in Spanish. 99% of the people we asked direction from said something along those lines. We found out that most of them have probably never been where we were headed. Most of them never travel for fun.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
Hotmamaandme OP
Wishing I was riding RTW

No Ural

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangoGS
Great pics and report !!!! You did'nt take the Ural? Keep the pics coming.
Next time we will take the Ural. Ours wasnt even made when we took this trip. looking back on this trip its one of the reasons we bought a Ural Gear Up. I have no doubts now that the Ural could have done this trip and done it easier than the BMW in a lot of places. It would have been nice to have for this ride.

We might be headed down to Baja on the Ural in October stand by to stand by on that one!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #22
ChangoGS
Banned

Oddometer: 305
You can always take the ferry over to the mainland and meet up .

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27799
ChangoGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #23
Hotmamaandme OP
Wishing I was riding RTW

Day 4 Tuesday, May 16, 2006

San Felipe south to Puertecitos & CoCo's Corner hooked up to Mex 1 south to Guerroro Negro the stop for the night.

We headed out early knowing it was going to get hot. We stopped to take some pictures of the bike and the sea. I "re-adjusted" my Dad's duffel on the back of his bike. I thought I was helping but what I did was not secure his flip flops very good. They would be lost on this road. There is a funny story that results from the lost flip flops we will get to tomorrow.

Re-adjusting the load AKA loosing the flip flops

The road from Puertecitos to Coco's Corner turned out to be Named by us as "The Punisher" This rough wash board, rocky, dusty, sandy and pot holed road was from start to finish. It took us over half the day to get through it.

Wifes Log:
We woke early and packed our bike hopefully to beat the heat. I never thought I would be glad to get up early, but I do have to say that I am glad we did get up as early as we did. By the time we finished packing our Bike I was sweating pretty good. It was just humid. We wet our cool collars and was on the road again. Our plan was to take this dirt road (a short cut) to connect us to Hwy 1. This dirt road is called Puertecitos. This is the road to Coco’s Corner. He, Coco, was in one of our BMW magazine not too long ago. The article said the road was very tough. We decided that this road does not qualify as tough, it was BURTIAL and PUNISHING. This road was o.k. to start out with then it went down hill fast. It was a deteriorated road, then it turned into a gravel rocky road for a while. You were able to get use to it. The gravel section of the road was parallel to the coast. The view was wonderful. It almost made up for this part of the road condition. Cory and Dad saw a Shark about 7 feet long on the side of the road. It looked like it had been out in the sun for quite a while, it was all dried up. We did not stop here, but kept trucking on. We stopped off on the side of the road for a small snack, Beef Jerkey for Cory and Dad and a Cliff Bar for me. In the hill part of the gravel road we saw two vehicles ahead of us quite a ways, a small U-Haul size truck and a PT Cruzer. We were very surprised to see the PT, but did not dwell on the thought.

Our first get off or spill. This was my first time riding in sand and I was doing it 2 Up and with every thing but the kitchen sink. I had to learn how to ride in the sand now and do it with he wife yelling in my ear "Oh my God! We are going to die!" "I’m going to kill you!" "Cory this is not fun get me off this road!" I could remember reading about the sand riding stuff. Stand up, get the RPMS up to stay up. Grip it and rip it and grab it and stab it. Well it worked. I found that if I sat down bad oh bad. Stand up and keep it moving don’t stop! The road was either ride the slightly sandy wash board rocky crappy road with hidden rocks that hit the rims like hammers or ride the sand single track the ran along side of the road. I found the sand much smoother but exhausting. The wife was scared stiff with the bike sliding back and forth with near spills every 30 seconds. We switched back and forth between the road and the sand. We were in the sand track and I decided to switch over to the road. Before I could even think my head was bouncing off the sand and I could hear my wife grunt from hitting the ground. It was pretty soft really. Systems check nothing feels broken and I hit the kill switch. Checked with the wife and she was fine. While we were still on the ground checking our selves all of a sudden we heard my Dad right behind us. RPMS up down up down and then we could hear him “Whoa whoa Whoooaaaa! And then he hit the gas and slid right by us across the road and into the opposite side of the road into a sand bank! It was very funny and he was fine too. It was a photo opportunity and time for a quick break. I checked my bike over for damage and noticed my rear shock was leaking oil. It seemed to be working fine but it was leaking. I’ll keep an eye on it thought.

Like father like son. The apple dosnt fall far from the tree.

Wife’s Log:
The road then it turned into a gravel washboard. This road went on forever. If things weren’t bad enough, the road turned into a deep sandy road. We were “snaking” all over. I personally hate the sand, but the washboard was bad too. It seemed to alternate between washboard and deep sand. In one part there was washboard forever and off on the side of the road was deep sand. Cory felt better in the sand. He felt like we were going to rattle some screws loose in the washboard road. We were on this road for most part of the day. Few cars traveled this road. We were on the deep sandy part of the road parallel to the washboard road when the sandy section ended and we had to cross over onto the washboard road. We were going about 25 to 30 mph when we hit a DEEP sand pit and shrub. Our bike came to a sudden stop and we continued on. We went over the right side of the handle bars and went into a roll. Our first words out of each of our mouths were to check the status of each other. Then we looked up to see and hear Dad coming and saying Whoa whoa whoa. He passed where we were crashed and literally crashed on the other side of the road. It was hilarious. In talking with him he said he saw us go down and wanted to get there fast and help us. In trying to hurry he just lost control, at a slower speed and went down. No injuries for any of us, which is great. The deep sand served as a cushion. We picked up the bikes, took a little breather and continued on.

We came across the PT Cruizer that we had seen early in the day ahead of us on the road. It was stopped in the middle of the road with a huge puddle of oil underneath. Two older white guys got out and told us that they had hit a rock and put a hole in the oil pan. They didn’t know and kept on going. The motor seized on them and now they were stuck in the middle of no where in the hot desert with little water. They asked if we could go back to San Felipe for them where the rest of their group had wisely stayed and let them know where they were stuck. We told them NO we are not going back that way and we didn’t have the fuel. We told them we would let the Green Angels or some one know where they were first chance we got. I hope they made it out of there.

We made it to Coco’s after what seemed like an eternity. Both my Dad and Wife were disappointed with Coco’s. They had no idea really what it was and no idea what it looked like. Coco was not there but his nephew was and he sold us some cold Coke and told us that Coco was in the hospital with a bad spider bite.

My Dad (Hi Ho Silver) and the wife (Marcia) taking break drinking a Cold Coke and wondering why did Cory want to come to this place and why did he drag us here?

Wife’s Log:
About 30 minutes after our crash we came upon 2 white older men that were driving the PT Cruzier. The PT had a punctured oil can and the oil drained out and the engine froze. They talked to us for about 20 minutes trying to get us to turn around and head back into town to get them help. I was steaming upset at the time. I was not going to let Cory and Dad take me through the washboard and sand again! We finally made it clear to the men that we were not going to turn around, but that we would stop and tell someone that they were stranded on this road. In Mexico there are Green Angels who help stranded people, so we said if we see them we would send them there way. About 2 hours later we arrived at Coco’s Corner, which was the whole purpose of this dumb road. It was not worth it! Coco was not even there. He was nursing a spider bite. Coco’s Corner has coins glued to the carpet on the floor to see how many people bend down to try and pick them up. It is pretty funny. We were the only 3 people there. Also people donate hats or underwear to have Coco hang in the roof of his hut. The underwear hanging had seen better days. It seems like the sand blowing had really taken the tolls on the underwear. There was a port-a-potty in the middle of what looked like a rodeo pit. I was not sure of the thought process that was put into this. Why in the middle of a ring? So people won’t use it? It did not make sense to me. It was probably another hour or so to Hwy 1. We made it through this punishing road and on to smooth pavement. Right on the highway we saw a tire place. We stopped at the tire place and told them men working there that there were two Gringos stranded on the road we just left. They did not seem too concerned, but we were too tired to even care. We made it out of there alive. The heat was not helping it either. It was just dry desert.

Flat number 1.
Not too far from the days stop Guerrero Negro we got our first of two flats. At about 60 MPH I felt the rear end start to squirm. I knew what it was, a flat! It scared my wife pretty good but I got it stopped safely. If you haven’t traveled in Baja you should but be advised you just don’t pull off the road like here in the states. Most of the roads are built up high and have these huge steep drops to get off the road to the shoulder, I think because of the sand and water staying on the roads. My Dad was in front of us and didn’t see us stop and had to turn around after awhile to look for us. I had the wife get off the bike and walk down the embankment and I rode down with now a completely flat tire. I had a hole that was pretty good size almost too big for a plug. Unloaded the bike to get some space to work incase I had to pull the wheel and got to work. I managed to get it plugged and the Cycle Pump put the air back in the tire and it seemed to be holding! (That cycle pump is worth its weight in gold!) I checked on my reart shock it was leaking worse and getting more and more like a pogo stick. There was hardly any compression or rebound dampning left. Not good thats bad we got a long way to go. Pack the bike back up get the wife up on the road ready to mount up and rode up the embankment and she jumped on. Off we rolled into Guerrero Negro.

Wife’s Log:
After we were on this paved highway we were driving maybe be 30 minutes or so before Cory noticed a swirly effect. Dad was ahead of us and was not paying attention when we honked and pulled over on the side of the road. Flat tire! We pulled off our side bags and emptied one of them get to the patch kit at the bottom of the bag. We were able to plug the tire, nice and smooth. Almost by the time we were finished Dad showed up. He must have noticed that we were not behind him or came to a point where he needed to made a decision on where to go, but did not know and checked his mirrors for us and did not see us. So he turned around to locate us. This was just the beginning with him and not paying attention to the person following him. I will say something at this time that I might saw later on as well. I really have no room to talk, but I will say it anyway! Cory was the ONLY one who did research for this trip. He looked at maps, read articles in magazines, articles online, and even read travel magazines. Dad did not do anything of this sort. I think I have an excuse, I was a passenger not a driver! So I am justifying it that way. We loaded our bike back up and headed to Guerrero Negros for the night.

Hotel @ Guerrero Negro parked right in front of the room. Dads looking kind of worn out here.

Wife's Log:
We were exhausted and hungry in search of a Hotel that looked decent. We found a hotel that cost $40.00 U.S. dollars for one room with 2 Queen beds, Air Conditioning, and Cable TV. The owner allowed us to park our Bikes right outside of our room, which was in the center of the court yard. We unpacked, changed and headed in search of Tacos. We found a wonderful Taco place. I probably ate 4 tacos, and Dad and Cory 5 to 8 tacos. It was really good. The cook prepared them right in front of us. They did not have chicken, but ran to the market next door to get chicken for me. I had a chicken taco and a pork taco. The pork tasted better, but I felt bad about them buying chicken special for me only so I had one more of each. Cory had 2 steak and 1 pork to start out with. I am not sure how many more he ordered, but I know he had at least 6! We were walking back to our hotel and stopped at a market for bottled water and snacks. We went back to the hotel and showered and was winding down from the physically exhausting day when my right eye was acting us. At first I thought it was just something in my eye. Dr. Cory Preston Johnson inspected my eye and informed me that it looked like I had a sty in my eye. It hurt to keep my eye open so I decided to go to sleep. In the morning there was no trace of a sty.

Yes please two more awsome tacos and another round of Coke!

The front of the taco shop if any one is there you got to stop and have a taco!

Hotmamaandme screwed with this post 07-31-2008 at 12:53 PM
Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #24
Hi Ho Silver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Road to CoCo's Corner

Been there, done that. Won't do it again. Not only was it rough, no one mentioned that it was 108 degrees that day. The heat was too much and minimized how beautiful the sea was on our left all morning. I kept thinking CoCo's has to be somewhere close now. WRONG! What seemed like forever, we finally made one of our goals for the trip and arrived at CoCo's. 150 miles out of San Felipe we hit the pavement again.

I found that I like Coca Cola "Light" better than diet coke. Once again the tacos were the highlight of the day when we stopped for the night at Guerrero Negro. The Pacific breeze felt cool and much like evenings in San Francisco.

The room again. What happened to roughing it and camping out? I must admit I enjoyed the air conditioning and the shower after eating hot, dry dust all day. Night number 4 on the trip.

Yes it is true Cory did most of the planning for this trip, but then again some of us have to work for a living.

Hi Ho Silver screwed with this post 07-30-2008 at 07:55 PM
Hi Ho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #25
Hotmamaandme OP
Wishing I was riding RTW

Thanks for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Ho Silver
Been there, done that. Won't do it again. Not only was it rough, no one mentioned that it was 108 degrees that day. The heat was too much and minimized how beautiful the sea was on our left all morning. I kept thinking CoCo's has to be somewhere close now. WRONG! What seemed like forever, we finally made one of our goals for the trip and arrived at CoCo's. 150 miles out of San Felipe we hit the pavement again.

I found that I like Coca Cola "Light" better than diet coke. Once again the tacos were the highlight of the day when we stopped for the night at Guerrero Negro. The Pacific breeze felt cool and much like evenings in San Francisco.

The room again. What happened to roughing it and camping out? I must admit I enjoyed the air conditioning and the shower after eating hot, dry dust all day. Night number 4 on the trip.

Yes it is true Cory did most of the planning for this trip, but then again some of us have to work for a living.
I think I would have to pass on Coco's corner if there is a next time.

What happened to roughing it? Well I had the wife along and she made it through the day and then I had you the diabetic older in years rider. I was thinking of both of you!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #26
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,894

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:26 AM   #27
Runamuk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
"I will say something at this time that I might saw later on as well. I really have no room to talk, but I will say it anyway! Cory was the ONLY one who did research for this trip. He looked at maps, read articles in magazines, articles online, and even read travel magazines. Dad did not do anything of this sort. I think I have an excuse, I was a passenger not a driver!"

Good job Corey!

I now understand the 2 year lapse in this ride report as you 3 have just now regained speaking terms......LMAO

Muk
Runamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:30 AM   #28
Hi Ho Silver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
My Issues

Hey, Just because I have a verified ADA medial issue does not mean you get to put it out here on the World Wide Web for everyone to know about my disease. I'm saving that for later and using it for an excuse.
Hi Ho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #29
waterlilly
No Agenda World Tour

Oddometer: 778
I am enjoying this report thanks muchly.

We did a short Mexican adventure in 05 2up on a KLR650.
I enjoyed being a passager.
We than did again in 07 for 6wks. Both on our klr's.lol
I have great respect for you riding 2up.

Maybe next time you will be on 3 bikes.lol
waterlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #30
Hotmamaandme OP
Wishing I was riding RTW

Day 5 Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Guerrero Negro with lunch in Mulege and days end @ Ciudad Constitucion.

I got up this morning with worries about the tire plug in my mind. I went out and checked the tire and it was low. I put some air in it and it seemed to be fine. No visible leak at the plug with the soapy water trick and no audible sound for leaks. Lets ride! I told the crew that I had mapped out an off road route over to a old Spanish Mission (La Purisima near San Isidoro) but this being a democracy all of a sudden, I was voted out of the Captains position given the black spot and in short told NO! After the day before to Coco’s I think Marcia and Dad were a little leery of the dirt road detours. If only they had known what the ride into Copper Canyon was going to be like! I think if they had we would have had a much shorter trip! So we packed up and headed south.

Packing the bike for the days ride.

Flat number 2

A few minutes out of town the rear tire started feeling soft. Next second it was FLAT! It was all I could do to stop the bike with out crashing. Once again we were on a raised highway with no shoulder to pull off on. So I stopped that bike right in the middle of the road! Almost got ran over by a few cars and a big rig who honked and waived as they swerved around us! I had the wife get off again in the middle of the road and walk down the steep embankment to the shoulder. I rode down and almost dropped it and got to work. On inspection the plug had came out. So I decided to put a tube in the tire to solve this problem from occurring again. Unload the bike and get down and dirty. Popped the bead with the old side stand trick, WD-40 for some lube, then in with the tire irons and put the tube in. Out with the Cycle Pump (God bless the guy who thought that thing up) inflate said tire. With the bead set and the pressure right remount the wheel and repack the bike. All in all about an hour of hot, sweaty, dirty, dusty, work. I took a good look at the rear shock again it was leaking oil and pretty much toast. All the suspension we had was the stiffness of the spring really no rebound no compression, not good. I had just put these NEW Wilbur’s on the bike for this trip and spent $1400 dollars I was not happy. I thought well there is a BMW dealer in Cabo San Lucas I can get it rebuilt there nothing can be done about it now. We did have some locals stop by and offer help and to check on our safety which made us all feel better.

Wife’s Log:
We woke up early again in hopes to beat the heat. Cory checked the tire pressure and added some more air in the tire. Over night it seems to have lost some pressure, but the plug seem to be holding out. We loaded our bikes and headed for Mulege. Mulege was the capitol of Baja when France occupied Mexico. So we had to see it.

About 20 minutes out of Guerrero Negros we had that swirly feeling again. We pulled over to the side of the road and sure enough the tire was going flat. We crossed the street and put the bike on the center stand on the side of the road. The opposite side of the road had more of a level plain for us to work on the bike. Again we had to completely unload the bike after we just loaded it 20 minutes ago. It appears that the plug came out of the tire. We were not able to plug it again. So we have to remove the tire and tube the tire. Neither of us had ever done this before on a Motorcycle, Cory had plenty of practice on bicycles from Madness (He used to work for a bicycle shop). It was not as hard as we were expecting. We were glad we purchased Helge’s video about minor repairs on BMW’s. We broke the beak of the tire with the side stand of the bike. Cory did all of the work and I would like to say that I had helped in this matter, but if I did my part was very minor. I did help try to hold the tire in place while he was trying to put the tire back on the rim. It was a dirty duty. One of the major things that drives Cory nuts is dirty hands. We thought this through however and brought wet wipes. The thing that took the longest, other than trying to think the process through in our head, was to inflate the tire and to make sure we did not inflate it too much. While we waited for the tire to inflate we ate a hearty breakfast, Cliff Bars and Corn Nuts. After that we then loaded the bike, for the second time that morning. This whole flat tire repair took 1 hour out of our cool morning. One thing we can say about the temperature during this time of year is the temperature is always HOT, and today did not let us down.

Lunch was in Mulege. What did we have for lunch? Can you Guess? Common its Mexico we had TACOS of course! With the mandatory Mexican Coke in the bottle to wash it down. Mulege very pretty and lots of French architecture. A river runs through it and palm trees line the river, very nice.

We stopped on the way out of town at the old mission in town. It was built in the 1700’s for the Priests with local manual labor. Not slaves just local Indians working for the greater good of the Church I’m sure.

Life's Log:
We stopped at Mulege for lunch. Ate at a taco stand right on the street. I had shrimp tacos, they were alright. Another thing that is consistent is that chicken is hard to come by in Southern Baja. So shrimp or pork were my choices. Mulege was a pretty neat town with nice articeture and palm trees. A lot of palm trees that lines the streets.

We passed through another military check point but did not get searched and told NO on the pictures. I stopped counting how many we went through 10 maybe. Usually they asked where are you from, where are you going and how much does your bike cost. The last one always made me feel uneasy. They had machine guns I had a baton and pepper spray and the throttle using my wife as a human shield. On we went through he desert and towns snapping pictures. The Big BMW’s sure are nice on the open road my Dad’s never missed a beat or hiccuped. My bike on the other hand had some “technical difficulties” stay tuned.

Pics of the days ride the town is Loreto

We made it down to Ciudad Constitucion which was farm land really lots of crops like Bakers Field CA. We found a hotel that was “motorcycle friendly” the front desk told us we are used to the Baja 1000 coming through. They had ramps for their front steps and told us to ride the bikes inside and park them in the lobby! So we did.

Cool town it has the Pacific Ocean breeze so its not too hot. We noticed through out the trip that a lot of the buildings were not finished. They got started and then stopped with rebar sticking out of the cinder blocks.

Remember the sandal loss on the road from Puerticitos to Coco’s corner. Well my Dad didn’t have any other shoes other than his riding boots now. So we started looking for some new sandals. One thing about my Dad is that he is ummm not CHEAP but more like frugal. So he found these sandals at some sidewalk vender in town for like $4. Put them on and walked around in them that night. He developed a blister on this toe and then cut the sandals so they didn’t rub his toe. Its all my fault.

Remember the lost flip flops and the $4 replacements that caused a blister? Here is the fix job and blister on Dad's foot.

This was the main street and it got crazy! Two out side lanes head north or south. The middle had two lanes headed north and south and then it had crossing inter sections that crossed all four lanes!

Wife's Log:
We left Mulege and headed towards Constitucion. We were not planning on stopping in Constitucion, but when we rolled upon the town and were rolling through the town we began to think on when the next town would be and how tired we are. So we decided to turn around and head back into town. We were driving on the main strip and saw this hotel. We booked a room with two Queen beds (which was the same thing we had been doing every night). The hotel allowed us to park our bikes in the lobby next to the stairs. Constitucion is a town in a stop in the Baja run. So they hotels are use to Motorcycles. They were very accepting and even had a ramp for Cory and Dad to ride up on up each of the steps. We were on the third floor. The hotel room was nothing special, but the deck was nice. It turned out to be a really nice cool night. The room had no a/c, but a ceiling fan seemed to be enough. I remember the color of the comforters, lime green – 70’s lime green. We cleaned up and headed out on the town in search for a place to eat. No taco stands had chicken or pork. We stopped place after place and they all had the same answer, no asada si. It was getting dark and we strolled out towards the end of town and saw a restaurant and walked in. They had chicken so we knew it was a go. I also have to say that Chips and Salsa is an American thing. They do not generally serve Chips and Salsa. That being said this restaurant served Chips and Bean dip. The bean dip was excellent. I was chowing down on it. I ordered Chicken and Shrimp tacos, Cory ordered the same. Dad seemed content with Chips and Bean dip. Shortly after we began eating dinner, well after I had been eating the chips and bean dip, that my stomach was no allowing the food to settle. I had to frequent the bathroom before we left the restaurant and as soon as we left the restaurant and came to our hotel. Dad and Cory thought it would be safer to stay on the deck, since it was such a beautiful night, and my stomach was not settling. We slept that night and woke early, which seemed to be the daily pattern, totally against my usual routine.

Hotmamaandme screwed with this post 07-31-2008 at 01:14 PM