Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #2446
Hoot Gibson
Banned

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
go home sick and enjoy the day! I'll be stuck inside catching up on work crap, the whole time thinking about what I could be doing out in the shop on a nice day like today..
Retired{at least semi} now just officiate High School and College Sports{Baseball, Roundball, and Football}...off today, so I'm heading out after lunch....a bit foggy, but not bad for a ride ... enjoy the weather, because this will probably be the last of ours until March. I hope to be in the Naples, Glades, and Keys in Late February,/Early March duing a break in Sports seasons...although there is a good chance I will be umpiring spring/college games in the Ft Myers area during that time....I'm ready!
Hoot Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #2447
tommyinbonita
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
So what does how long you've lived here hafta do with anything ? It doesn't give you any more rights then anyone else ,just sayin... Kyle does know this territory better then most. Hes condoning untagged dirtbkes for a good reason.. like Alex had said before,law enforcement is plentiful in that area and I know first hand how they feel about dirtbikes cause I've been chased down by their plane and written up. Atleast at this point they're still lenient about tagged bikes. For how long? Who knows.. and if you wanna bring a big bike by all means bring it. There's plenty of trails for it. I'm sure you can get it most anywhere if the others don't mind waiting for you in the technical ereas or deep rutted sugersand or the mushy ereas where you sink if you stop. I see nothing wrong with saying 650 or less on certain rides out there. . I think he was just trying to be helpful. Its so easy to take something wrong when reading posts or texts. Sorry if you took his repy wrong .. shouldn't be any hostility or drama on here anyways cause were all on the same team right? :-)
tommyinbonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #2448
rtwdoug
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,645
the question was whether folks could ride down there with unplated bikes.
a perfectly legit question, I was wondering it myself.
We have a TTR & an XL, both so quiet you can hardly hear them. but, they dont have plates.

the reply about 'dont bring your dirtbike shit', or however it was worded seemed a bit too much. maybe it wasnt MEANT to come off as asshattish, but thats how I took it.

the polite response would have been,
'No dirtbikes, tagged bikes only.'

which would have answered the question.

I dont know who owns 'the squares' but I'd guess its not anyone on here.
And Im sure there are alot of people that ride down there that have never heard of ADV.
Sure, I dont wanna get hassled by The Man any more than anyone else does. Which is why the question was posted.

Just my opinion.
Doug

rtwdoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #2449
astrolump
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
I am planning to take the GF across to picayune tomorrow to ride the squares and sand trails on her super sherpa.

ill be on my klr. after some riding we will probabaly buzz down to little bar or over to pelican Larry's for oysters.

from her last training session down in florida city at the squares south....off card sound. it was wet,wet,wet.

"They see me coming on my KLR......They hide their daughters and their PBR......
I'll take the beer,no time for girls......Got a date in the Forest, chasing squirrels. "
astrolump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #2450
tommyinbonita
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Yes I do believe you'd get hassled if you run across any law enforcement. I figured I ride fast enough that they'd never get close enough to hassle me but that notion quickly changed after the second or third flyby from the plane. It took all of ten minutes before I was cut off and boxed in. Its just a pain to find places to ride in this erea anymore.
tommyinbonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #2451
yermaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
The squares is not what it was 15 years ago when there were miles of decent single track, & you could ride an unregistered MX bike all day long & not get hassled. Now days its heavily patrolled & posted no motor vehicles unless on named or numbered streets, I scouted the area a couple of years ago on my KLR & found some of the old trails, but there ain't much left of em. The ride from sabal palm to the squares is all sandy wide open jeep trails, not at all technical ( I rode all the way thru on my KLR without so much as dabbing a foot. If you like me have a competitive nature & are looking for challenging technical riding you will be disappointed, The trails at north port are way more fun, I've ridden there on my 300XCW & the KLR had a blast, weekend in the am you are likely to run into some FTR members who will be happy to show you around if you can keep up:). Ride a plated bike if you have one it just keeps the man happy.
yermaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #2452
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer: 783
Laugh

Quote:
wow, you're a tool
p.s. i'd smoke you on the 990 out there no matter what you rode..
pretty bold talk for a snowbird, talk like you run the joint even though you only live here a few months...
congrats on the first to make it to the ignore list
CORRECTION

That would be a migrant worker to you! Snowbirds don't work! I've served my time here as a full time resident.
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #2453
DualSportDad OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,350
I just so no one thinks I'm lying about the FWC stopping you out there...he was cool once I showed him the tag.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
DualSportDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #2454
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

I'll try to be more soft spoken so you guys don't get your panties in a wad.

The 650 or less was for our planned ride.
I don't care where you ride your 990, as I ride my 1200 GS down there all the time. It's not easy, but who's looking for easy! I never claimed to be an expert rider. I just ride whenever I can and wherever I can. I don't dab feet, I just fall! We've found some pretty cool trails out there. Some we may never get to ride again, as changes are made out there. We're always exploring. There's a network of designated horse trails out there. We've been on them before and run across horses. We just stop, let them pass, and try to be as friendly as possible. Most of what we ride out here is Government land, which means we should all have a right to use it.

That's all I've got for now! 650cc and larger tomorrow!!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #2455
jeffjones
"offroad shit"

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
I just so no one thinks I'm lying about the FWC stopping you out there...he was cool once I showed him the tag.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
believing you or not was NEVER in question... only issue was the dickhead response from another user
Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #2456
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
I'll try to be more soft spoken so you guys don't get your panties in a wad.

The 650 or less was for our planned ride.
I don't care where you ride your 990, as I ride my 1200 GS down there all the time. It's not easy, but who's looking for easy! I never claimed to be an expert rider. I just ride whenever I can and wherever I can. I don't dab feet, I just fall! We've found some pretty cool trails out there. Some we may never get to ride again, as changes are made out there. We're always exploring. There's a network of designated horse trails out there. We've been on them before and run across horses. We just stop, let them pass, and try to be as friendly as possible. Most of what we ride out here is Government land, which means we should all have a right to use it.

That's all I've got for now! 650cc and larger tomorrow!!
Kyle "the snake"....no worries man, the guys who get it, get it...we'll see you soon for a down south run....
Old 12-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #2457
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Quote:
believing you or not was NEVER in question... only issue was the dickhead response from another user
Really?

Stop talking shit and just come down here and ride sometime.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #2458
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,126
Is this the new needless dickery thread?

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #2459
astrolump
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Had a great weekend riding picayune...just got back to ft laudydaudy.

day 1 rode in on sabal palm and around the squares for awhile then out janes scenic (where i had to do a roadside tube patch job on the gf's sherpa..she nailed a pothole and got a pinch)..then down to little bar for sunset.

it was only going to be a 1 day ride but she had so much fun we got a room and went back this morning..

today we entered the forest on everglades and parked the truck and trailer at the campground..rode some horse trails and sandy bits..then she washed out the front and took her first nasty spill on that hard ass grooved leftover pavement...got up like a champ and rode for another hour or so..then bailed out.
on day one we did get stopped by FWC, he was cool and didn't hassle us. we forgot to put the fee in the iron ranger on the way in and he said not to even bother. he did tell us to stay on the main roads and off the trails.
i did see the plane patrolling on both days.
lots of roads closed and the whole north eastern side seems to be closed with a manned guard gate on 52nd.

"They see me coming on my KLR......They hide their daughters and their PBR......
I'll take the beer,no time for girls......Got a date in the Forest, chasing squirrels. "
astrolump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #2460
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

We didn't see anyone out there on Saturday although we did see a double set of tracks going up from Jane's to the North along a filled canal. Muddy and rocky there! There's some great trails in the SW corner below sable palm, but stay away from the gates. We rode a canal along the South side. Now I know what the windshield on the GS is for. BRUSH GUARD!