User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
nanaimotown OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
dealing with touratech in canada painful

been trying to get a few frakles for my new 2013 f800gs , such as, crash bars and tool boxs , everyone is telling me if i want i wont see them till begining end of august , being trying to get stuff for over a month . why is it so painful ? do they not stock anything in canada?
nanaimotown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Mtl_Biker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Touratech Canada is Moto International (BMW and Harley dealer) in Montreal, and they're the company I deal with. I must say they've been absolutely superb to deal with, both for BMW parts and service as well as Touratech stuff.

Are you dealing with Touratech Canada directly, or through a local dealer? Your screen name suggests you're in B.C.

On my 2013 F800GS, I put on Alt-Rider crash bars, MOD skidplate and luggage rack (they're in your neck of the woods) and only a few Touratech options, such as panniers (Zega Pro) headlight protector and shade, adjustable folding gear lever and foot brake pedal and a few other small items. What is that tool box you mention? I got an Adventure Designs ultimate toolkit and I built a tool tube which fits my bike perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaimotown View Post
been trying to get a few frakles for my new 2013 f800gs , such as, crash bars and tool boxs , everyone is telling me if i want i wont see them till begining end of august , being trying to get stuff for over a month . why is it so painful ? do they not stock anything in canada?
#6 2011 BMW K1300GT (sold)
#7 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (sold)
#8 2013 BMW F800GS Kalamata Metallic
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
MCMXCIVRS
Begining the Adventure

Oddometer: 1,186
New distributor for Canada.

http://ca.touratech.com/en/singlevie...8ae867fbad28bf

Probably some inventory/supply issues with the change over which is resulting in the delay you are experiencing. TT seems to go through Canadian distributors a bit too frequently.

2009 BMW F800GS, 2008 BMW K1200GT
MCMXCIVRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Mtl_Biker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Wow that is surprising news! The press release is dated June 30, so this is really new!

I wonder what brought that about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS View Post
New distributor for Canada.

http://ca.touratech.com/en/singlevie...8ae867fbad28bf

Probably some inventory/supply issues with the change over which is resulting in the delay you are experiencing. TT seems to go through Canadian distributors a bit too frequently.
#6 2011 BMW K1300GT (sold)
#7 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (sold)
#8 2013 BMW F800GS Kalamata Metallic
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
nanaimotown OP
Adventurer

I want the adjustable shift lever can not get my boot under the shifter. When i put it up one notch it is way to high. Also wanted the mod tool box to match my skid plate but they are sold out , and wont be available till august. The touratech tool box is also viable option.
As for touratech canada , there is really no stock till the new vendor is up and running.
i just going to go to seattle and get them there. little added expense, but i want my bike put together right before I ride to alaska next week
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 1,987
THANK GOD! A new Dealer. The prices were/are stupid and I was told by my local shop that TT is trying to get sole rights to sell Hyperpro stuff here. I bought my kits somewhere else and saved hundreds for our two bikes.

I hate TT Canada and only have a few bits. On a recent order a few weeks ago my Visa was charged $180 something from "Moto Daytona". I figured someone hacked my account again and was charging stuff so I called the bank and cancelled it. I had ordered $300 from TT so $180 was just odd. Further investigation revealed "Moneris" is used by TT. So anyway Canada Post just sent me an email about a delivery tomorrow from TT. I guess I only was charged for half of my order of what's in stock. Having cancelled the Visa charge, we'll see what arrives tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Bumbobee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Buy everything in the US, ship to a US mail box, pick it up, save yourself a lot of money. Everything here in Canada is a fuckin major rip off, from bikes, to parts, to insurance.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbobee View Post
Buy everything in the US, ship to a US mail box, pick it up, save yourself a lot of money. Everything here in Canada is a fuckin major rip off, from bikes, to parts, to insurance.
You must be a teenager cause you have all the answers!

Yes, I deal with SCC in Port Huron MI. Have 4 shipments there now I need to pick up. If you compare prices, shipping and exchange rate it's sometimes just as easy to ship to my door. I buy from Inmates or Ebay'rs who think shipping to Canada is fraught with paperwork and hassle so I just have it sent to SCC. $5 for each package. I even go on tours to get my 48 hrs in so no duty on $800 or less. That pays for the hotels and gas and is waaaaay more fun!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
Bumbobee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
No teenager man, I'm 28. When I was buying my first bike at 24 (2009 Harley V Rod) I was quoted $ 4700 a year for insurance, that's with a clean record. I had to improvise ;)

And yes I agree sometimes its good to take a trip for 48 hours and have the $ 800 limit.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
Deuce
Crazy Canuck

Oddometer: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl_Biker View Post
I wonder what brought that about.
Most likely because MotoInter were dickheads to deal with via phone and inter webs. There are a couple threads over on the 'Canada' part of this forum with all kinds of tales of woe.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #11
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Well half my order came. Will have to check my Visa to see if I was charged. I then got a polite email explaining the changeover and that I'd have to reorder everything, sorry for the trouble. Looks like things are getting better. I'll wait for the dust to settle in case my other half order shows up.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #12
nanaimotown OP
Adventurer

just came back up from seattle the boys there at touratech are fantastic even loaned me their tools to bolt my goodies on. they have a great show room and lots and lots of product
Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #13
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Yes I've heard lots of good things about the Seattle shop. We're just the little brother up here but our market is supposedly growing on Adventure bikes so hopefully this will be a good change once the new distributor get running.

Enjoy your trip to AK. I hear the mosquitoes are more dangerous than the grizzlies.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
RexBuck
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 972
Tried to buy stuff a couple of times from TT Canada. When I call them I get the "have to order that in from Germany and it should be here in 6 weeks or so" and then some outrageous price . . . plus HST. I'm down in the States a lot so, much easier dealing with the US folks in Seattle. Prices are more reasonable (still expensive) and most if not all of the stuff is in stock.
www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
Tom Morrison
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Never had any issues with Moto International. The only thing painfull about dealing with Touratech, are the retarded prices they charge all over.

I wonder if anyone has ever bought one of their $400 camp stoves lol. Touratech Canada doesn't even list them online. Guess they know MEC sell for far less.
Tom Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote