ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #5446
toro618
Studly Adventurer
 
toro618's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
that high fender looks VERY nice!

Thanks. That's a KTM Acerbis fender with the BMW lava orange paint matched to the bike.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #5447
Lazy_John
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 16
Bluhduh Let 's be a little massochistic...

...No riding today.






Anyway,

Now we know what we 're talking about (just to be sure )
Lazy_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #5448
Ephoresis
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 5
Here's my F650GS after some changes



__________________
F650GS '11
Ephoresis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #5449
2Stamp
Gnarly Adventurer
 
2Stamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Lehi, UT
Oddometer: 257
Damn, that's one hell of paint job! I like it. Stick on graphics?
__________________
_______________________________
2011 F800GS
2014 350XCF-W
2006 450EXC
2014 Honda Grom (hers)
2Stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #5450
zaner32
In over my head
 
zaner32's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Moncton
Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stamp View Post
Damn, that's one hell of paint job! I like it. Stick on graphics?
Looks like the AQD graphics kits.

http://en.adv.acrialbi.com/en-gb/sho...mw/4047-rallye

Very nice stuff.
__________________
97 DR350SE
09 F800GS
"When nothing goes right, go left!
zaner32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #5451
Ephoresis
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner32 View Post
Looks like the AQD graphics kits.

http://en.adv.acrialbi.com/en-gb/sho...mw/4047-rallye

Very nice stuff.
Yup, it's an AQD kit.
__________________
F650GS '11
Ephoresis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #5452
Gary117
Adventurer
 
Gary117's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Cheshire. UK.
Oddometer: 24
Some pics of my f800gs.











__________________
2009 YAMAHA XT660R .

2011 BMW F800 GS
Gary117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #5453
NL-Patrick
Adventurer
 
NL-Patrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Holland
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephoresis View Post
Here's my F650GS after some changes



Damm that looks good !
NL-Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #5454
GrendelMk1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Swimming in Surrey
Oddometer: 37
My F650GS, being its usual nappy self.

GrendelMk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #5455
jack_mccain
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Non-country (Belgium)
Oddometer: 52
No analogies intended.

jack_mccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #5456
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,646
Analogy

It least it isn't steaming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_mccain View Post
No analogies intended.

__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #5457
rfk76
Rafal @ F800GS
 
rfk76's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary117 View Post
Some pics of my f800gs.
Hey there,

how is this windshield working for you? And how tall are you?
I have bought Wunderlich and with my 180 cm it makes me crazy. I have terrible turbulences just around my ears...

Thanks in advance for your feedback on Givi.
rfk
rfk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #5458
Cesar Serpa
Adventurer
 
Cesar Serpa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Portugal
Oddometer: 25
Hello rfk76, i have a Givi in mine F650GS and im satisfied, i have 1,83cm. But a good helmet is essential.
Cesar Serpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #5459
Reefdog
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Reefdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Dubai UAE
Oddometer: 451
Hi fella's
I know this is a picture thread but have not got the information i require from other threads,forums or a google search and thought some of you brainy blokes might have the answer

BMW dont want to know me regarding this question


Looking at upgrading my wife's bike from 2007 F650GS single cylinder to the new 2012 F650GS twin cylinder
The 2007 F650GS and the 2012 F650GS twin cylinder have a similiar seat height about 760mm with low seat,my wife requires this height cause she's a shorty
My F800GS has a seat height also low seat of 850mm but this is to high for her

QUESTION IS

Can the 2012 F650GS engine computer be upgraded to bring out the full 800cc of the derated engine????

that way she can ride the same bike as me, with the same spares which is important for our touring, but have the seat height to suit her

Have looked at reducing the height on 800 with suspension adjustment but that will effect the carrying capacity for touring

thanks in advance
Reef
Reefdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #5460
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,646
650-800

There is thread here somewhere on this. From what I remember the short answer is no. Most of the motor spares are going to be the same anyways. Filters, plugs, chain, sprockets, fuel pump etc so you should still be good to go.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdog View Post
Hi fella's
I know this is a picture thread but have not got the information i require from other threads,forums or a google search and thought some of you brainy blokes might have the answer

BMW dont want to know me regarding this question


Looking at upgrading my wife's bike from 2007 F650GS single cylinder to the new 2012 F650GS twin cylinder
The 2007 F650GS and the 2012 F650GS twin cylinder have a similiar seat height about 760mm with low seat,my wife requires this height cause she's a shorty
My F800GS has a seat height also low seat of 850mm but this is to high for her

QUESTION IS

Can the 2012 F650GS engine computer be upgraded to bring out the full 800cc of the derated engine????

that way she can ride the same bike as me, with the same spares which is important for our touring, but have the seat height to suit her

Have looked at reducing the height on 800 with suspension adjustment but that will effect the carrying capacity for touring

thanks in advance
Reef
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014