ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
DeadGuy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Western Trip Ideas?

Haven't been on this forum in a while. But remember seeing a lot of photos from eastern riders that have taken trips out west. So looking for some input, advise or ideas if any.

Twice now, I have done quick rides while traveling for other purposes where I rent a bike (GS1200, GS800) and go out for 2-3 days into some remote spaces. The first was out of Phoenix, second out of Denver (a couple day loop over Independence Pass et.al.).

Want to plan a 4-5 day trip this time (with 2 others). Will not carry the gear to camp, but stay at some small lodges/Inns, etc. Our initial thoughts are:

- Colorado (out of Boulder)
- or Idaho
- or Northern CA & Oregon

Nothing too challenging, one rider is not very comfortable off-road -- so that will be minimal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated -- thks, ed
DeadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
CaseyB
Adventually

Oddometer: 571
If you decide on Idaho, I would contact planner extraordinaire - Byways http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845500

If you wanted Colorado, you could either base yourself out of Ouray or Silverton and do all the amazing passes in the area. Or you could go to Taylor Park (near Crested Butte) and rent a cabin, all the riding you want right at your doorstep.

Haven't ridden any northern cali or Oregon.
CaseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
DeadGuy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Thx

Will do. Looks great, thks! Idaho in first place at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
If you decide on Idaho, I would contact planner extraordinaire - Byways http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845500

If you wanted Colorado, you could either base yourself out of Ouray or Silverton and do all the amazing passes in the area. Or you could go to Taylor Park (near Crested Butte) and rent a cabin, all the riding you want right at your doorstep.

Haven't ridden any northern cali or Oregon.
DeadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote