ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.39%
No 150 26.27%
I have not but I want to! 281 49.21%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #466
Nicetoy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
I just checked the weather, clouds in the morning, Partial Sunshine in the afternoon, high of 58 degrees.. Sounds like ok riding weather to me.. See ya all at 10am.

Ian
Nicetoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #467
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Oddometer: 1,199
Weather looks ok to me, unless its pouring at 9am, I will see ya at 10

Wish I was a headlight.
Stan Dalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #468
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
I rode about 40 miles of dirt (mud/rocks as all CT is) today and I'm beat. I saw the thread earlier and told the other guy he wouldnt be welcome on this ride and he was fine with that. I would hate to see him get a ticket/have to run from cops (especially in an unfamiliar area ). Moving back to the riding today, I took a couple of good dumps and am very sore. I go to school in Rochester, NY and I finish my academic year at the end of May so by then I'll have some more dirt friendly tires and I'll head out to ride with you guys then!
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #469
HeyDoc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 989
Have Fun!

Nicetoy and crew, you probably will not see this post at 1AM, but I just got in from North Carolina, and can't make the morning ride. Spent 16 hours on the I95 corridor!!! I will look you up later in the week. If you want to ride a shorter, drier loop of about 35 miles do the following: at 17.3L on the route sheet turn right, go to 18.5 Rt on trail, and reset to 44.5, then follow the route sheet. This will take you thru some of the most challenging, rocky terrain back to the lot, should be much less water. Have fun, take pics. Jim
HeyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #470
Nicetoy
Adventurer

Good Morning, In case there is any doubts cause it seems as though we'll have some no shows, I will still be there at 10am. Look forward to meeting anybody else who comes out for a ride...
Ian
Old 04-19-2009, 06:17 AM   #471
Throttle-jockey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Not sure where you guys are riding. It's very dry out there right now.
Throttle-jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #472
jeel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Did 45 miles of the loop yesterday and it was very dry...dusty even in sections. Great time to get out.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #473
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Just got home

It wasnt to dusty, got a good ass kickin on them rocks !!
Cant wait for next weekend.

Wish I was a headlight.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #474
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,324
Pachaug Loop

FourTwoRI, didn't see you at 10:00, we left at about 10:10. Sorry we muissed ya. We did the full 60 mile loop in Pachaug State Forest (CT), hero sections and all. All I can say now is that my 650 has once again suprised me as to what it is willing to drag me up or through.

There was every imaginable condition on the 60 mile loop. I actually say a guy with one leg out doing it. Yes, one leg - not one and a half legs - ONE. I don't know who you are but I'll never put up with any complaining from riding buddies again. I started seeing random bike parts in the trail at about the 12 mile mark.

Here is a picture of the infamous water crossing. I call it "the bog". For those not familiar with Pachaug, it's probably 70 feet long and has a "rocky" bottom. More like boulders under a foot or two of water. Anyway, just stay on the throttle and do it is the advice I got. You can see the trail marker on the tree.

After we both got through I took another, why not, the camera still worked.

And here is a pic of our two bikes with some other random bikes out and about today. The gas station/store is a local gathering place for bikes - just cuz it's in the right spot. Anyway, with all these bikes, I couldn't resist.

It was a great day out there. I recommend it, on full knobs.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #475
CallMeBuzz
Bad as can

Oddometer: 544
Hey Rob, Did you ride with Creech?
CallMeBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #476
Nicetoy
Adventurer

Fourty2RI..... Good ride man, it was a pleasure meeting, and riding with you.. I think we did quite damn well considering some of the carnage I see people take out there... My girlfriend happens to be out of town next weekend... soo that said, I may be up for another ride... a little earlier would be better as I'd have to get home earlier (I have to work sat night into sunday). Keep in touch. Trails were boney as always in New England. A lot dryer then last time I was out there (I still managed to almost drown it however) lol also FYI.. We were talking about Mileage earlier... I made it all the way home without having to re-fuel, 76.2 Miles on the ticker.

ToroOne- Glad you came out. Hope you didn't mess up your bike too bad.. Any time you wanna come out and ride for a few sections, feel free.. We did hit some pretty wild terrain later on (on Mount Misery perhaps?) I'm still trying to get a bearing on the loop and all the different sections.

akarob- We did see you at the entrance! I remember chatting about the xr650... with the bigger tank! I stuck with Fourty2ri all day.. we probably would have done more but lost the trail somewhere along the way.

Nicetoy screwed with this post 04-19-2009 at 11:27 PM
Old 04-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #477
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,324
That last 15 miles of the loop, Mount Misery Park, was brutal! The first 45 miles were quite enjoyable, but then you hit those rocky trails. We got through it ok, but it's just a lot of 1st gear riding.

The guy I came with knew the route but his pace is pretty fast. I wouldn't fall too far behind but he was just fast through the woops and the rocky trails.

Next time, I'd be fine with sticking with a larger group and going at whatever pace we could keep up even if we didn't get to finish it all.

On a side note, I started seeing the first bike parts on the ground at about the 12 mile mark.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #478
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Hell of a ride on Sunday

I had a great ride out there yesterday. Oddly enough, I aint all that sore today. Must notta rode hard enough,eh?

Nicetoy: It was great riding with you also, we did good, only one little biff that you had on that rough section near the Mt.Misery. Maybe it was a hero section, maybe it wasnt, in my lowly opinion, we are both heros
for getting our asses up that hill, I sure was outta breat at the top, Glad I had time to rest !!
I am ready any weekend to run again, If I wasnt such a dumbass, I would have had the GPS track in the little devils box yesterday, but be sure I will have it loaded next time. ( thanks jbunce )

How about ToroOne !! Good job man, put a real tire on that bike, and your good for 1/2 that ride. There was some thats impossible for a big bike, but still enough to make it a fun day !!

Akarob, I did see you in the morning, I was there in the big Olds station wagon. You guys took off a bit quicker then us, no worries, next Sunday? 9am? Looks like you guys had a hell of a ride, thats a serious lookin water crossing there, where is that?

We got screwed up a bit at 165, and only did half the loop, about 35 miles.
Cant wait until next weekend !!

Wish I was a headlight.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #479
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

A couple of photos from Sunday

I think this is the second leg, maybe the third?

He rides that BMW . . .

The rocks, or ruts, or roots got him

If can only hope I am still out there when I get to his age !!

Wait, thats not a Honda, its Team Green, right???

Oh yea, more rocks, and them some more rocks, and then some more. . .

Hey Ian,
I bet that helmet will help a lot there. . . .

Wish I was a headlight.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #480
banshee8989
AKA: Fartman

Oddometer: 803

More importantly......... what is that bad dog pulling the trailer? This is what a true ADV rider haul rig should look like.

I love it. It really captures the spirt of this site.

banshee8989 screwed with this post 04-20-2009 at 03:26 PM
banshee8989 is offline   Reply With Quote