ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 146 25.04%
No 151 25.90%
I have not but I want to! 291 49.91%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #6631
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. REDBEARD View Post
Just a heads up for anyone interested:
Shane watts will be holding a dirt wise session in wrentham MA on 8/11 & 12. There are 7 spots still open.....

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #6632
SKJ
The Canary

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Q View Post
Just confirming the time? I am planning on being there!
5pm - 5:15pm
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #6633
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
that'll keep the blood boiling
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #6634
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
video
maybe i should ask him how he hauls around those massive brass balls all the time?

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #6635
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. REDBEARD View Post
maybe i should ask him how he hauls around those massive brass balls all the time?
That guy was launching off those bumps. Insane. I loved how he was going so fast he could straighten some of those corners out too.

On a side note, Gilles finished my suspension in 23 hours. Impressive. Now I just need a day to go test it out. I hope the weather this weekend is good.
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #6636
sledstorm1
CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Oddometer: 834
FOUND THIS ON NEDB I THOUGHT THE NO TRESPASSING SIGNS WERE INTERESTING...

This was a post on KTMTalk regarding the Pachaug, CT trail in their regional section. thought it had some merit is re-post here for some discussion.

quote:
Looking for some info here. Rode the Pachaug loop recently and in 2 spots there were no trespass signs that I never noticed before. In 1 area they were facing so that you rode into them - it was the section from Spaulding rd heading to the cornfield crossing. I can only assume the farmer wants to protect the crops. The other signs were only visible after coming out of the marked trail onto a road, and then looking back into the trail you just came out of. We stayed on the red marked course all day and did not roam around.

Also, why do people feel the need to shoot/destroy,remove the red arrows? In more than 3 intersections these arrows were like this. Lucky for my group we knew where to go. If you were getting lost and low on fuel this could be a huge issue. Not to mention ending up off course and on someones land.

Most of the arrows on the road sections are covered by overgrown trees,bushes and even tag sale signs! If this is 1 of our only legal spots to ride and dirt bikes cant find these arrows we are riding the streets getting lost. This doesn't look good especially in large groups,legal bikes or not. Non riding folk don't like us turning around in their driveways, riding their neighborhoods, etc- looking for the "trail." If I see an arrow blocked by a branch or other growth is it ok for me to adjust as needed? I don't want to cross any lines here but would like to clear some of the confusion up, without trespass or without permission. If anyone has some info please add a post or pm me. Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #6637
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,596
That cornfield is private property. Some people have found and use a trail that goes off course and skirts the fields to come up to the regular marked course in that area. The marked trail that goes directly across the field appears on Google maps as "Flat Rock Rd" and that is probably why we can still use it. It's probably an agreement between the State and the town that allows us to pass, because it is gated to cars. I don't doubt that the town (if that's the case) can stop us if the land owner can show cause.
Stay on the marked course at all times or risk losing it.

Traffic on the trail has increased because of the internet. 10 years ago, it probably saw only one group of riders on any given weekend.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #6638
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledstorm1 View Post
FOUND THIS ON NEDB I THOUGHT THE NO TRESPASSING SIGNS WERE INTERESTING...

This was a post on KTMTalk regarding the Pachaug, CT trail in their regional section. thought it had some merit is re-post here for some discussion.

quote:
Looking for some info here. Rode the Pachaug loop recently and in 2 spots there were no trespass signs that I never noticed before. In 1 area they were facing so that you rode into them - it was the section from Spaulding rd heading to the cornfield crossing. I can only assume the farmer wants to protect the crops. The other signs were only visible after coming out of the marked trail onto a road, and then looking back into the trail you just came out of. We stayed on the red marked course all day and did not roam around.

Also, why do people feel the need to shoot/destroy,remove the red arrows? In more than 3 intersections these arrows were like this. Lucky for my group we knew where to go. If you were getting lost and low on fuel this could be a huge issue. Not to mention ending up off course and on someones land.

Most of the arrows on the road sections are covered by overgrown trees,bushes and even tag sale signs! If this is 1 of our only legal spots to ride and dirt bikes cant find these arrows we are riding the streets getting lost. This doesn't look good especially in large groups,legal bikes or not. Non riding folk don't like us turning around in their driveways, riding their neighborhoods, etc- looking for the "trail." If I see an arrow blocked by a branch or other growth is it ok for me to adjust as needed? I don't want to cross any lines here but would like to clear some of the confusion up, without trespass or without permission. If anyone has some info please add a post or pm me. Thanks
Tell him to BUY the route sheet from NETRA!or get arrows and stapeler,or joyn a club that supports it!apparently he has none of that
Old 08-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #6639
SKJ
The Canary

Thumb Just a Reminder! / Information

Hey Guys,
Just a reminder for the Twisted Ride tomorrow, Wednesday August 8th 2012 5:00pm. We will be geared up and ready to go before 5:15 - 5:30. Please help your self to check out our store and get some fresh water. Tomorrow will be Dereck, Erik and my self.

On another note!
I will be starting "Sunday Rides" The meeting place (*start point*) will be here at Twisted Throttle. 570 Nooseneck Hill Rd Exeter RI 02822. There will be coffee, Water, Donuts. Every Sunday Ride will get better and better as I will have more ideas and input from other riders / staff. I want to get a Map up + a computer where we can upload / download GPX files of trails you all have done.
Sunday Rides not only going to be fore Twisted groups but I want to push Other groups on here that are local to have this be a start point. This will just bring the ADV community closer and new adventures will begin. Let me know what you all think about this. Shoot an e-mail to me at ShawnJ@twistedthrottle.com for some ideas.

See You Out There!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #6640
sparrow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
I'd consider it if you guys didn't have so much street before you get into the loop. Not sure my tires would appreciate that too much.

sparrow screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 03:50 AM
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #6641
nobody
motomaniac

Videos from Hankock unedited
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6gYZnVUqYGE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz5r-2fXrCc
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h16WkfaBsSQ
There are 22 of them clips from Saturday inthere
Lots of cursing,be aware
Old 08-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #6642
SKJ
The Canary

Hey Sparrow,
We can meet you there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
I'd consider it if you guys didn't have so much street before you get into the loop. Not sure my tires would appreciate that too much.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #6643
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted$hawn View Post
Hey Guys,
Just a reminder for the Twisted Ride tomorrow, Wednesday August 8th 2012 5:00pm. We will be geared up and ready to go before 5:15 - 5:30. Please help your self to check out our store and get some fresh water. Tomorrow will be Dereck, Erik and my self.

On another note!
I will be starting "Sunday Rides" The meeting place (*start point*) will be here at Twisted Throttle. 570 Nooseneck Hill Rd Exeter RI 02822. There will be coffee, Water, Donuts. Every Sunday Ride will get better and better as I will have more ideas and input from other riders / staff. I want to get a Map up + a computer where we can upload / download GPX files of trails you all have done.
Sunday Rides not only going to be fore Twisted groups but I want to push Other groups on here that are local to have this be a start point. This will just bring the ADV community closer and new adventures will begin. Let me know what you all think about this. Shoot an e-mail to me at ShawnJ@twistedthrottle.com for some ideas.

See You Out There!

I am not trying to be the thread police but..................... this is the "enduro" thread. most of the folks lurking here are not going to be a good match riding style wise for the big bike crowd - which it sounds like you guys at twisted throttle fall into.

these guys however: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...26295&page=202 -- are going to be your new best friends.

great fun in both groups (i have personally enjoyed riding with both "crews") and I think for the most part we all consider ourselves as one big pachaug riding community - (maybe even family?) but you might get more traction with the BBDOR crew

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up

Capt. REDBEARD screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 11:07 AM
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #6644
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Videos from Hankock unedited
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6gYZnVUqYGE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz5r-2fXrCc
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h16WkfaBsSQ
There are 22 of them clips from Saturday inthere
Lots of cursing,be aware
Nice! That bedrock section looked interesting. But, where was everybody else? It's weird though, even with hundreds of riders, sometimes you find that little niche and seem to be riding alone most of the day. How was the rider turnout?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #6645
nobody
motomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1 View Post
Nice! That bedrock section looked interesting. But, where was everybody else? It's weird though, even with hundreds of riders, sometimes you find that little niche and seem to be riding alone most of the day. How was the rider turnout?
Close to 500 I believe,yes it is weird it got worst on Sunday where I believed I was by myself for hours,I only saw 3 or 4 Bergs group than someone fixing a flat.Probably lots of people bailed once the rain started.We did the bed rock section twice and crashed in the same place
diferent camera angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPIA...ature=youtu.be

Both days I had less than 10 people ahead of me for most of the day
You missed a great one Gary!

nobody screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 12:14 PM
nobody is online now   Reply With Quote