ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.35%
No 151 26.40%
I have not but I want to! 281 49.13%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #6931
CallMeBuzz
Bad as can

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
It would be a good place to practice drills and mess around with your buds, maybe even get some non-POV footage. Gets old real fast if you are alone. Wouldn't mind trying a buzz run there one day though.

Sent from my piece of shit phone using Tapatalk.
When you say buzz run do you mean ride there from my house. I'd be down for that. Looks like we have two weeks to make it happen.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #6932
CallMeBuzz
Bad as can

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty joe View Post
Thanks for the advice . Who knew a group of grown men that play with toys in the woods would be so practical
Guess it will have to be afternoon loop at Pachauge . Who is in
Yep, they grow up too fast. Won't be long before he won't need you there anyway. So, for now, put the time in. Riding guilty sucks anyway.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #6933
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeBuzz View Post
When you say buzz run do you mean ride there from my house. I'd be down for that. Looks like we have two weeks to make it happen.
Yes sir. Are they closing in two weeks? A lot of guys will be at the ammo the weekend after this one so that might be the time to plan it.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #6934
CallMeBuzz
Bad as can

Sorry. Closing 14 October. I was thinkin Sept. Gives us a little more time.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #6935
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewton612 View Post

I was just busting your stones about the TTR. I hope they're not too tender.

It really looks like a neat setup. Running street tires on that thing is unusual because it's not registered. Probably give the big bikes a run for the money in a tight parking lot though. :-)
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #6936
Bob Q
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Shock re-build

I would like to get my shocks re-valved, does anyone have a recommendation? I have a DRZ and ride Pachaug and stuff like it around here, trails and single track, only roads to connect the trails.

Thanks Bob
Bob Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #6937
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Q View Post
I would like to get my shocks re-valved, does anyone have a recommendation? I have a DRZ and ride Pachaug and stuff like it around here, trails and single track, only roads to connect the trails.

Thanks Bob
C-Cycle Suspension (www.ccycle.com) in East Hampton, CT should be able to do it. Not sure where you live but they might be close enough for you to just drop your suspension off. (Make sure you let Bill open the trailer door for you).

Also, Dirty Joe had his DRZ suspension done by someone. He might be able to provide a recommendation. Might have been Factory Connection.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 AM   #6938
dirty joe

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
C-Cycle Suspension (www.ccycle.com) in East Hampton, CT should be able to do it. Not sure where you live but they might be close enough for you to just drop your suspension off. (Make sure you let Bill open the trailer door for you).

Also, Dirty Joe had his DRZ suspension done by someone. He might be able to provide a recommendation. Might have been Factory Connection.
Thad why are you up at 3:15 . Yes it was Factory Connection made world of difference .
dirty joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #6939
Bob Q
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Thats what I was looking for, Thanks. I live in chester so local might be better for me, shipping can get expensive! and takes more time!

Thanks Bob
Bob Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #6940
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,103
Quote:

Thanks Bob
Bob you only have one shock so I am assuming you mean forks also.??.
If you do the suspension you want to do both ends..

R.E.P. in West Springfield is great to work with too.
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #6941
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty joe View Post
Just wanted to get some opinions .
My son has first football game on Sept 9th.
Problem I was going to Race that day .The wife said no big deal go race .
What would you do ?
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #6942
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Quote:
Thats what I was looking for, Thanks. I live in chester so local might be better for me, shipping can get expensive! and takes more time!

Thanks Bob
As Paul said you'll need to get both forks and the shock valved for rocks and roots. Proper tuning also means getting front and rear springs matched to your weight and skill level. When I asked GTR suspension to do just my forks, since the rear had already been done by CCycle, he stated he needed to do both to ensure they were in balance. Aside from seat time following a better rider, I feel professional suspension tuning, is the best investment I have made (thanks for the time and tip Kreech).

You might want to get an estimate from a couple of the places mentioned. The shipping costs could be offset by difference in price between the shops.

Darius on Dirt

DariusFriedel screwed with this post 08-31-2012 at 07:25 AM
Old 08-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #6943
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:

Thanks Bob

I would recommend that you get your suspension "serviced" (new oil and make sure internal seals are good) and put in the proper weight springs.

Anything more will be throwing money away. If you get the Cadillac service = re-valve and medicine man black magik blessing - it is going to cost you a bunch of loot and I can't imagine that you are pushing that DRZ to the point of needing a custom shim stack.........

Darius and Buzz -- if you wouldn't mind keeping me in the loop when you plan your Damn run I would be interested in tagging along (if you think it is worth the 2+ hr drive).....

Darius - that is some fancy one brake riding. i always enjoy both the audio and closed caption commentary.

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #6944
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,329
I agree with Red. If you skip the valves, but get correct springs, fresh fluid and seals, you will be in good shape. Valve jobs are quite expensive. Since were talking about a DRZ, its not going to make it as good as a bike 50 lbs lighter.

After you get them serviced, make sure you change your fluid every 50 hours max. The fluid gets very dirty and nasty fast. Dirt gets pushed past your seals so it helps if you clean your fork legs - don't ride with dry mud stuck stuck to the fork legs. That's one spot I clean well.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #6945
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote