ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.35%
No 151 26.40%
I have not but I want to! 281 49.13%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #7081
sledstorm1
CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Oddometer: 801
I should be down for the Adventure ride, I don't think I'm repaired enough for Turkey run...
Old 09-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #7082
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,333
Cool. If you're camping off the big bike, maybe I will too. It would be a good chance to test out my setup before going to Canuman's at the end of the month.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #7083
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledstorm1 View Post
I should be down for the Adventure ride, I don't think I'm repaired enough for Turkey run...
How about the Dual Sport ride with me and Nicki? Use your 2S. The ADV ride is all road, unless that's what you want. I agree with NOBODY. Come support the Berkshire guys. They do a lot to keep those trails open, and in MA we need all the help they can get. You can ride Pachaug anytime. Not so much in the Berkshires anymore.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #7084
sledstorm1
CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1 View Post
How about the Dual Sport ride with me and Nicki? Use your 2S. The ADV ride is all road, unless that's what you want. I agree with NOBODY. Come support the Berkshire guys. They do a lot to keep those trails open, and in MA we need all the help they can get. You can ride Pachaug anytime. Not so much in the Berkshires anymore.
Dual sport is easier? That's a possibility then also. I just don't want an enduro run at this point...

I don't know about camping yet Rob... I'm going to give it some thought though
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #7085
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,272
anytime you get two guys together on motorcycles it's a race!
Quote:
Dual sport is easier? That's a possibility then also. I just don't want an enduro run at this point...

I don't know about camping yet Rob... I'm going to give it some thought though
Old 09-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #7086
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Yes, but not REAL easy. They have optional hero sections which use some Turkey Run trails. Rusty Rocket did the route sheet.. His opinion was if you try it on a KLR650 you better be a pretty good rider. My daughter is gonna give it a go on the XT225(maybe). I'm taking the 610.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #7087
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Unofficial Pachaug camp and ride? I dont really want to go do the Berkshire Triple, but would love to camp and ride. I could cover the camp spot at Green Falls. Hell I may do it on my own. I am planning on heading up to the Berkshires with Lil and Cheese later this month anyway. Not sure about CroMag though.

Might be in for a camp and ride. Kids got a double header on Saturday so I wouldn't get there until afternoon on Sat for a good ride on Sunday. What day are you planning on doing the loop?

Clear

Hi 78|Lo 55
0%
Thu

Clear

Hi 79|Lo 59
0%

Fri

Clear

Hi 77|Lo 62
0%

Sat

Partly Cloudy

Hi 76|Lo 62
30%

Sun

Drizzle

Hi 75|Lo 63
70%

Mon

Partly Cloudy

Hi 74|Lo 56
20%

Tue

Drizzle

Hi 74|Lo 63
50%

Wed

Drizzle

Hi 65|Lo 48

Looks like Saturday will be the day to ride!
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #7088
akarob
Green Cantern

I don't know that anyone is doing the loop. Loph said he was bringing the big bike and I'm leaning that way too. We will probably stick to easier stuff, maybe a little exploring around. More like a 50/50 ride. No real game plan.

I plan on showing up to Green Falls campground on Sat morning - unless someone wants to camp Friday nigjt too. I have a dinner date, but I could be at camp by 9pm.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #7089
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,272
oh wait. sorry. somehow i thought some berkshire ride got sprinkled into here (see above). i won't be at pachaug this weekend - i'll be in tolland, ma for the berkshire ride (DS loop). sorry the streams go crossed!

loph917 screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 06:59 AM
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #7090
akarob
Green Cantern

Not a problem. Feel free to report back on how awesome it was and how we really missed it.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #7091
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,179
Thought we had got some crossed signals, easy to do in these catch all threads, sorry probably my fault.

I get the desire to support the Berkshire ride, but the 3 hour drive each way, the $95 in gas, $40 ride cost, $20 camping cost etc make it tough to swallow in a month where I have been bleeding money on multiple trips to CA, MT and a very expensive fishing day in Canada, dam those freaking Canucks are proud of their fishing licenses

Hard to justify all that expense when I can get to Pachaug in 40 minutes and camp for $20. I will probably bring the Husaberg on the back of the truck, but if others want to do all big bike stuff I could load up the R1200 as well. Got a new battery in the 1200 and fixed the headlight on the Husaberg yesterday.

OBTW in my rush I ordered an incorrect battery for the R1200 and now I cant return it. It is an Odyssey PC680, here is a link to what bikes it will fit.. http://www.odysseybattery.com/powersports.html you have to click on the "find the right odyssey battery" link, am going to put it in the flea market for $90 shipped... they go for $130 or so.. I will let one of you FF's have it for $75 if it will fit one of your bikes.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #7092
sledstorm1
CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1 View Post
Yes, but not REAL easy. They have optional hero sections which use some Turkey Run trails. Rusty Rocket did the route sheet.. His opinion was if you try it on a KLR650 you better be a pretty good rider. My daughter is gonna give it a go on the XT225(maybe). I'm taking the 610.
Dual sport it is! Hopefully the hero sections are fun!

Sorry if the hijacks farked things up fellas! Everybody be safe anyhow! What ever ride you do
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #7093
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Thought we had got some crossed signals, easy to do in these catch all threads, sorry probably my fault.

I get the desire to support the Berkshire ride, but the 3 hour drive each way, the $95 in gas, $40 ride cost, $20 camping cost etc make it tough to swallow in a month where I have been bleeding money on multiple trips to CA, MT and a very expensive fishing day in Canada, dam those freaking Canucks are proud of their fishing licenses

Hard to justify all that expense when I can get to Pachaug in 40 minutes and camp for $20. I will probably bring the Husaberg on the back of the truck, but if others want to do all big bike stuff I could load up the R1200 as well. Got a new battery in the 1200 and fixed the headlight on the Husaberg yesterday.

OBTW in my rush I ordered an incorrect battery for the R1200 and now I cant return it. It is an Odyssey PC680, here is a link to what bikes it will fit.. http://www.odysseybattery.com/powersports.html you have to click on the "find the right odyssey battery" link, am going to put it in the flea market for $90 shipped... they go for $130 or so.. I will let one of you FF's have it for $75 if it will fit one of your bikes.
Bring big Blue and do an easy loop. We could stop at the tough sections and work on technical aspects. Or Not, just an idea!
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #7094
akarob
Green Cantern

I like the idea of taking time to take some pictures along the way too. There are some nice spots that you can catch some easy air or whatever and look like a real hero, without risking your body too much. All it takes is the desire to slow the ride down and pull out the camera. I'm totally game.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #7095
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,544
I've LONG wanted to find a challenging (for me) log crossing and then spend a half hour going back and forth over it until it was easy or I was exhausted.. I'm totally down for that sort of thing this weekend.. We can take pictures of all the failed attempts early on!

there are several nice spots just north of Wyassup lake that are good photo op locations too..

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote