ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 146 25.04%
No 151 25.90%
I have not but I want to! 291 49.91%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #7516
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrane99 View Post

looking fast there ed.

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 AM   #7517
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT DUAL-SPORT View Post
Uhh, my ass was sucking the seat cover off of my chair watching those opening scenes.

Nice job! Editing gets easier with practice (like most things in life). My computer does not embed either... I'm convinced its my security settings.

-Shawn
Try it using a different browser like IE or chrome. I had the same issue with a computer running norton 360.

Nice video, vexy!

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #7518
sledstorm1
CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Oddometer: 836
We like rocks, but these are rocks, but oh yeah it's on a cliff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VkR...eature=related
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #7519
RhodeHazard
ex halligan hooligan

Oddometer: 655
Who do you guys recommend for a Husqvarna dealer?
RhodeHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #7520
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeHazard View Post
Who do you guys recommend for a Husqvarna dealer?
Are you looking to buy, service or get parts. Get my parts from Chaplin. Very good response. Can't speak to service because I've never taken my Huskys to a shop. If Eddie's Vintage was still in business, I'd recommend him. Nice guy. Other than that, I really can't recommend a shop.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #7521
jxg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
same here. never been to a shop around here. I have gotten parts from the place in worcester a couple of times (Wagners, i think). he didn't charge shipping, and sold me a rear taillight really cheap. i think maybe someone else must have special ordered it and it sat around.

otherwise everything else i have ever needed i got from either Hall's or MotoXotica online.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #7522
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
Jay Reynolds works at Wagners and he is a advrider, although I dont remember his adv name. He came on one of our big bike rides last year on a Husky 449. Nice guy and when I was looking at a 449 he seemed willing to work on a deal. I think he is the sales manager, or parts manager or something.. dont know why I think that, I have his card right here in front of me. I have been thinking about heading up there to see if they have any of the new 650 Tera's in stock.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #7523
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
thinking about heading up there to see if they have any of the new 650 Tera's in stock.
You realize they are over 400 pounds wet? Great looking bikes, but based on the much maligned BMW 650 motors.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #7524
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,102
Quote:
Jay Reynolds works at Wagners and he is a advrider, although I dont remember his adv name. He came on one of our big bike rides last year on a Husky 449. Nice guy and when I was looking at a 449 he seemed willing to work on a deal. I think he is the sales manager, or parts manager or something.. dont know why I think that, I have his card right here in front of me. I have been thinking about heading up there to see if they have any of the new 650 Tera's in stock.
Jay is a nice guy - adv handle is Yeti something.......
After talking with him at the "fun run" it seems that he is no longer with wagner.

Matt - big dog adventures has a good Tera review. Seems like there is not a lot of aftermarket support yet - so not sure how that will affect your farkelitus.....

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #7525
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
You realize they are over 400 pounds wet? Great looking bikes, but based on the much maligned BMW 650 motors.
I do...not really interested in one.. just want to see one.. and I totally disagree with your "much maligned" motor comment..the only good thing about the BMW 650 bikes is that engine.. it is the weight and suspension that BMW has always failed on .. but that engine is a bomb proof component that goes tens of thousands of miles w/o issue. It is not a race engine but it goes 6k between oil changes in some formats. The 650 xchallenge and xcountry are highly regarded in Europe as a reliable lightweight adventure bike.

edit: I had high hopes for the Tera.. was really hoping they would make it a G650X with good suspension.. 330lbs... 54 hp.. they failed once again.

mrt10x screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 01:16 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #7526
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,611
Quote:
I the only good thing about the BMW 650 bikes is that engine..

edit: I had high hopes for the Tera.. was really hoping they would make it a G650X with good suspension.. 330lbs... 54 hp.. they failed once again.
My bad, I was going from memory and that's not so clear anymore. I guess I was remembering all the problems I had read about on the X bike. If the Hus is built with the same stuff that went on the X Challenge, I'd be scared of it. When I saw that bike in Cycle World Magazine,.. WOW! nice looking and possible my next bike. I was hoping like you, 330lbs.. 54hp and great suspension.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers

Rusty Rocket screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 02:41 PM
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #7527
jcalis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Video clips from the toys for tots ride........

Hi Guys, I figured I would post these links here as well, your old riding buddy "Redbeard" has a lot of camera-time in them. He fit right in with our group of misfits and does not miss riding with you guys at all. Enjoy!

Part 01 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMmPMAHYbU
Pilgrim Sands Trail Riders charity ride at the Demoranville Farm.
First five miles of trail....riding behind "dirt bike jimmy"

Part 02 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHXkjBHHc7g
Part 2, up to the 10 mile mark, following Redbeard and Matt

Part 03 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mQRbMNQRHM
Part 3, up to the 15 mile mark. following Redbeard and Jimmy.

Part 04 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4skCVobWomQ
Last five rocky miles of the 20 mile loop.
Includes the water crossings and my crash at the 15:20 mark.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #7528
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 526
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. REDBEARD View Post
Jay is a nice guy - adv handle is Yeti something.......
After talking with him at the "fun run" it seems that he is no longer with wagner.

Matt - big dog adventures has a good Tera review. Seems like there is not a lot of aftermarket support yet - so not sure how that will affect your farkelitus.....
True, Jay is no longer at Wagners. I used to go up there quite often, Mark and Jay are great guys. I bought my TE 610 from Jay. Much like what happened at Gengras, the owners want to run it like a one of their car dealerships. It doesn't work. I have been out to Roost Powersports in Thomaston, and they are all Husky. Husband and wife operation. They know their stuff. They had the power up parts for me in stock. I haven't been to Chaplin besides the Husky Grand Opening last year. Got to meet Fred Hoess, ISDE gold medalist. He is a factory rider and factory rep.

Great video vexy. Add Utah to my list.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #7529
motogo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewha View Post
True, Jay is no longer at Wagners. I used to go up there quite often, Mark and Jay are great guys. I bought my TE 610 from Jay. Much like what happened at Gengras, the owners want to run it like a one of their car dealerships. It doesn't work. I have been out to Roost Powersports in Thomaston, and they are all Husky. Husband and wife operation. They know their stuff. They had the power up parts for me in stock. I haven't been to Chaplin besides the Husky Grand Opening last year. Got to meet Fred Hoess, ISDE gold medalist. He is a factory rider and factory rep.

Great video vexy. Add Utah to my list.
I bought my 610 from Mark at Wagners, and was a customer and dealt with Jay. Seemed like a nice guy and very good rider. BUT, the lack of customer service drove me away. Jay would NOT call me back, and this was on multiple issues over a four or five month period dealing with my GS1150. I heard from others, the same issue. Maybe that's why he isn't there any more. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why. It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE. Haven't been back since.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #7530
motogo1

Quote:
I've been thinking about heading up there to see if they have any of the new 650 Tera's in stock.
Saw one down in New Jersey at the Meteor ride. Very pretty bike and nicely priced. Something like $7500? Although I might be a bit biased as I have 3 Huskys in my possesion.