ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.04%
No 151 26.08%
I have not but I want to! 288 49.74%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #8536
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,398
I can tell you that the VIN check largely depends on the person performing the check. You may have ti go back a couple times before you get the right inspector.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #8537
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
I can tell you that the VIN check largely depends on the person performing the check. You may have ti go back a couple times before you get the right inspector.
Had a friend go for a VIN check on his 50 state street legal 09 Husky TE310. It had been modified slightly, so he wouldn't do the VIN check until he made it street legal again, like turn signals, rear fender 14" above swing arm, DOT tires, etc. He did eventually get the VIN check.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #8538
CallMeBuzz
Bad as can

Oddometer: 547
Sounds like not only did he deny you, he did it with attitude.
Was it the old guy with the grey hair and beard?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #8539
lester3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
Let you know.
I went to ct. DMV today to get vin ck on 450 KTM sx. Talk to same inspector yesterday he said no problem all he was checking was numbers.so anyway went this am and he did his paper work and did say a few thinks like no speed odometer but let me on my way.so now I'm half way through the line and he comes in and says he wants to talk to me.so we walk back to inspection area and he starts reading off requirements ands asks to see the vin check he just did.takes it and throws it in the sh reader.and asks me if I wanted to have bike inspected.wtf.
Rest of story later.
so what happened?
lester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #8540
crfingnutz
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Heading up this sunday for the first time. Should i use the parking directions for Spaulding Rd. or should i go to Mt. Misery campground? Where is the easiest trailhead to find? Thanks for your help guys!
crfingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #8541
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by crfingnutz View Post

Heading up this sunday for the first time.

Should i use the parking directions for Spaulding Rd. or should i go to Mt. Misery campground?

Quote:

And as far as doing some actual riding this weekend, I like meeting at Mt Misery a little better. Better parking lot and more publicly visible, bathrooms,water, etc.4 /7 10am, rolling by 10:30?

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #8542
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,398
That's some pretty sweet Photoshop work. We'll meet up at the field in the picture.

I got my tire repaired on the 990 tonight. I only had to mount it once. Brand new 140 size Ultra HD tube (impressive by the way) and some slime for good measure.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #8543
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Eek

So to go on after being pissed off with DMV decided to drive to VT.in about 10 min.had new plates in hand.no vin check required sense I had original certificate of origion.stopped in MA.and picked up sticker for off road problem I had was they wouldn't take cash or debit.lucky for me woman there said she would write a check but didn't have change for a fifty.just then guy came in that was able to break it.so what a day..
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #8544
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeBuzz View Post
Sounds like not only did he deny you, he did it with attitude.
Was it the old guy with the grey hair and beard?
No.black guy maybe in his 40s.He was saying DMV is not doing inspections in another 3 months so I guess he will be out of a job anyway.

Real pisser was I asked him yesterday about it and he said as long as the numbers were ok it was good.I wonder if I told him I needed vin ck for ATV plate if would of worked.Guessing he might have stamped it off road only or something.
One good thing is VT doesn't have property tax.I know they require inspection but never heard anyone ever doing.think its only a problem if get stopped in VT .
Old 04-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #8545
CallMeBuzz
Bad as can

Oddometer: 547
Glad it worked out for you.
I had a couple trips down to that inspection station. Bought my CRF with no cert.of origin or mso. I ended up with a bonded title.
It can be done.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #8546
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
No.black guy maybe in his 40s.He was saying DMV is not doing inspections in another 3 months so I guess he will be out of a job anyway.

Real pisser was I asked him yesterday about it and he said as long as the numbers were ok it was good.I wonder if I told him I needed vin ck for ATV plate if would of worked.Guessing he might have stamped it off road only or something.
One good thing is VT doesn't have property tax.I know they require inspection but never heard anyone ever doing.think its only a problem if get stopped in VT .
No inspection in 3 months??????
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #8547
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRiedinger View Post
No inspection in 3 months??????
Did vt on my gas gas and never got anything for inspection. That was Jan. Don't think they suspend plates like ct.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #8548
lester3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Thumb

Quote:
That's some pretty sweet Photoshop work. We'll meet up at the field in the picture.

I got my tire repaired on the 990 tonight. I only had to mount it once. Brand new 140 size Ultra HD tube (impressive by the way) and some slime for good measure.
I know aguy who drove about 20 miles or so on a totally flat tire. did you install the mutant? I got a new 606 and IRC HEAVY DUTY tube mounted thur.
lester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #8549
crfingnutz
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thanks Bomber Im getting the 7 a.m. ferry from orient pt. I should be there well before 10. If anybody see's a blue 2500 sierra (my white one didnt pass inspection) with two bike please point us in the right direction. Thanks.
crfingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #8550
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
that's a great user-name CRF!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote