ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 151 25.51%
No 155 26.18%
I have not but I want to! 291 49.16%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 592. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #8701
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post

Yeah Bomber your right! Rotator Cuff and cutting off my bicep tendon and sewing it to a different portion of my shoulder on Feb 20th. I'm doing real good to be back at work and shooting and even riding on the road. I'll take what I can get, When I got two Oxy's in me and the pain shoots right through anyway it's time to decide what is more important. Healing or ignoring!
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #8702
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
I'm oncall this weekend. Not going anywhere.

Highlights from last week's race...

Where/when was this? This is exactly what I like to ride. I am moving to CT (Ridgefield or Bethel) this summer and was looking for places to ride that were close by. I plan on getting a 450XCW or 350 EXC. Will I need a street legal bike with plates? Could i register and plate an XCW?
alexcorral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #8703
Happy Seal

Unless you are going to just race hare scrambles you will need to plate to ride in Ct. Even the organized enduros and turkey runs require a registered bike. It will also keep the cops away for the most part. The only legal riding in the state is Pachaug or Thomaston Damn unless your in a NETRA event where other land might open temporarily for the race. There are a few local type rides here and there that you might be able to squeeze into if you know the right people.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #8704
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for your immediate response. Seems like Thomaston is closest (45 minutes) to where we will probably live but Pachaug is less than 2 hours away, so still close enough to haul the bike.

Do you know what is required to register/plate a bike? Could I plate an XCW or just an EXC?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #8705
Happy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcorral View Post
Thanks for your immediate response. Seems like Thomaston is closest (45 minutes) to where we will probably live but Pachaug is less than 2 hours away, so still close enough to haul the bike.

Do you know what is required to register/plate a bike? Could I plate an XCW or just an EXC?
I am not familiar with the KTM models. If you have a " Certificate Of Origin" and a bill of sale and ins card you will be able to reg in Ct.

If the COO or bill of sale says "For Off Road Only" Then you will have to go through hell to register it but it can be done!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #8706
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
I am not familiar with the KTM models. If you have a " Certificate Of Origin" and a bill of sale and ins card you will be able to reg in Ct.

If the COO or bill of sale says "For Off Road Only" Then you will have to go through hell to register it but it can be done!
akarob has an XCW I believe
Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #8707
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,729
Quote:
Where/when was this? This is exactly what I like to ride. I am moving to CT (Ridgefield or Bethel) this summer and was looking for places to ride that were close by. I plan on getting a 450XCW or 350 EXC. Will I need a street legal bike with plates? Could i register and plate an XCW?
That was in eastford, ct. They have NECC's in union, ct too. One round is in VT somewhere. NECC races run on saturdays. http://www.neccracing.net

NETRA also has hare scrambles all over the region. We're hitting Tuxedo Ridge in NY next weekend. http://www.netra.org/public/schedule/2

Like happy said you don't need to be reg'd for hare scrambles. Enduros require reg due to the transfer sections but they are just as fun.

If you like the intensity of hare scrambles you might like days as well. http://jdayoffroad.com

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #8708
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Darius,

Your Hell in the Hills video was amazing! Your subtitle comments crack me up

Where was that? Can anyone go there and ride anytime?

Man, can't wait to get a new 450XCW
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #8709
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,729
Quote:
Darius,

Your Hell in the Hills video was amazing! Your subtitle comments crack me up

Where was that? Can anyone go there and ride anytime?

Man, can't wait to get a new 450XCW
Thanks. That was in Tolland, MA. I'm not sure if any of those sections are open to the public but you need to give up your first born to ride in MA outside of a NETRA event. Last year they had that enduro and later had a turkey run on those same trails.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #8710
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
I'm having truck problems! Anyone form my area going down to Pachaug this morning with room for 1 more bike? If so please call me 860-920-8426 I'll fill your gas tank!

Edit: my area is Bloomfield Ct. Just out side Hartford.

Thanks

Hugh.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #8711
Happy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
I'm having truck problems! Anyone form my area going down to Pachaug this morning with room for 1 more bike? If so please call me 860-920-8426 I'll fill your gas tank!

Edit: my area is Bloomfield Ct. Just out side Hartford.

Thanks

Hugh.
That sucks Bro. I woulda come got ya if I was riding.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #8712
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
That sucks Bro. I woulda come got ya if I was riding.
Thanks Paul, but I got to hang with the wife and eat good bad food at Max Burger instead of riding today. Hope you're healed up soon!!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #8713
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
You can get plate for any KTM as long as cert.of org.not stamped off road.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #8714
MATPOC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
We had a chat with CT Environmental policeman this past Saturday, Red Beard spotted the truck and was waiting for him with registration in hand so that may have set the tone for the conversation. He slowly walked over "You illegal, you illegal, you illegal.... that's 3 out of 6 illegal and I don't care!" We spent next 20 minutes chatting about trails and GPS and arrows, he gave us ph# for DEEP in case we need assistance in the woods, gave pointers on the trails splitting or being re-arrowed wrong, told some "war stories" and then he left and we went off chasing Cpt. Red Beard

or we could have engaged in the argument that our bikes are legal according to the letter of the law and the state... who knows, we'd still be there on the side of the road now. His basis for the illegality was absence of blinkers, here in RI you must have them if your bike came with them and according to US DOT every road legal vehicle form 1971 on has been equipped with turn signals, perhaps in CT you don't have to have them?

Shortly after we came up on 2 kids pushing a quad and a mini bike home after DEEP officer issued them a ticket, no plates on public road, at least he didn't impound them.
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #8715
jxg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATPOC View Post
We had a chat with CT Environmental policeman this past Saturday, Red Beard spotted the truck and was waiting for him with registration in hand so that may have set the tone for the conversation. He slowly walked over "You illegal, you illegal, you illegal.... that's 3 out of 6 illegal and I don't care!" We spent next 20 minutes chatting about trails and GPS and arrows, he gave us ph# for DEEP in case we need assistance in the woods, gave pointers on the trails splitting or being re-arrowed wrong, told some "war stories" and then he left and we went off chasing Cpt. Red Beard

or we could have engaged in the argument that our bikes are legal according to the letter of the law and the state... who knows, we'd still be there on the side of the road now. His basis for the illegality was absence of blinkers, here in RI you must have them if your bike came with them and according to US DOT every road legal vehicle form 1971 on has been equipped with turn signals, perhaps in CT you don't have to have them?

Shortly after we came up on 2 kids pushing a quad and a mini bike home after DEEP officer issued them a ticket, no plates on public road, at least he didn't impound them.
you sure about RI and blinkers? I was told if they are on the bike, they have to work. if there aren't any, then you must use hand signals. my husky is 50/50. blinkers on the front, that aren't hooked up, and none on the rear (came off 1st time i took it in pachaug). i guess one day i should sort all that out, and get totally legal.