ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 151 25.51%
No 155 26.18%
I have not but I want to! 291 49.16%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 592. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #8731
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Yes , I do. I got it new and registered it the same day.
Hey Rob,

What does it take to get it registered? Can't you just buy a bike and get plates for it like you would do with any other street legal bike?

First time buying a bike in the US for me
alexcorral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #8732
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcorral View Post
Hey Rob,

What does it take to get it registered? Can't you just buy a bike and get plates for it like you would do with any other street legal bike?

Depends on the bike and the state.. Completely different rules in California and Connecticut or Texas.. some states will let you register just about anything... some require "50 state legal" lights and emissions.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #8733
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted$hawn View Post
Hey Guys,
We have come to that time of the year. Twisted Throttles first Dual Sport ride! We leave at 5:00pm right from Twisted. If you are interested let me know or just show up. See you later!!

-- This will be every Wednesday Night.

Thank You
Hopefully these will be fun events that aren't too easy - I understand liability is an issue for the shop, but this is a great opportunity to do REAL rides with GREAT people.
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8734
SKJ
The Canary

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by go2cnavy View Post
Hopefully these will be fun events that aren't too easy - I understand liability is an issue for the shop, but this is a great opportunity to do REAL rides with GREAT people.
It will be, As long as the paper work is filled out we can have fun. Everyone rides at their own pace. I just went from a KLR650 to Terrys DRZ400. Went out this past weekend and o boy did I have fun! Will you be able to make it this Wednesday go2cnavy?
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8735
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcorral View Post
Hey Rob,

If you purchase the bike in CT, then go to DMV, all you need is your C.O. and proof of insurance.

Any bike purchased out of State can expect a VIN/Safety inspection , with varying degrees of strictness depending on who does the inspection.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #8736
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted$hawn View Post
It will be, As long as the paper work is filled out we can have fun. Everyone rides at their own pace. I just went from a KLR650 to Terrys DRZ400. Went out this past weekend and o boy did I have fun! Will you be able to make it this Wednesday go2cnavy?
Not sure about this week - short notice. But will try to schedule these around my son's baseball schedule. I'll make as many as I am free for.
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #8737
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
If you purchase the bike in CT, then go to DMV, all you need is your C.O. and proof of insurance.

Any bike purchased out of State can expect a VIN/Safety inspection , with varying degrees of strictness depending on who does the inspection.
Sounds easy enough. I still have to figure out the insurance part (is it just liability or full insurance for loss?). Any recommendations on good insurance company for motorcycles?
alexcorral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #8738
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,110
Pm sent

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up

Capt. REDBEARD screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 03:41 PM
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #8739
ctoldie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:

I brought a car in from out of state. No inspection required.
VIN check only.
ctoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #8740
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
Blinkers are not required by law in the state of Ct.
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #8741
mpellet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Got out today for a ride on the loop for the 1st time in a long time. Great conditions, reasonably dry and very few downed tress and the ones that were down across the trail are easy to get around. I was kinda bummed out to see that FUCKING ASSHOLES have removed/ruined/SHOT enough arrows to make the route more or less impossible to follow unless you are using a chart or riding with someone who knows the route. Used to be a guy who paid attention could stumble his way through the loop just riding and paying careful attention to the arrows, sadly no longer the case. I have not been riding the much in the last year but have 50+ complete circuits of the looped logged over the years, I like to think I know the loop reasonably well and due to the number of missing arrows courtesy of FUCKING ASSHOLES , I found myself scratching my head a few times today at intersections.

I did not have any difficulty locating Baby Head or Misery, all you have to do is follow all the SIDE trails running parallel to both areas that now by pass ALL the hard sections. There have always been a few get arounds of the harder sections of BH & Misery but I was surprised to see that BH now has parallel bypass trails for the nearly the entire length, had to wonder if someone was out there collecting "Man Cards" last Summer :)

Safe Riding to all.......................Mike

mpellet screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 05:30 PM
mpellet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #8742
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpellet View Post
....I was surprised to see that BH now has parallel bypass trails for the nearly the entire length, had to wonder if someone was out there collecting guys "Man Cards" last Summer :)
You mean the P-Line?

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #8743
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
You mean the P-Line?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #8744
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,528
Red let me ride his 250xc Sunday. I got an hour or so of seat time. I started out fairly easy, ended up going through some sections at warp 5. Seriously, I was really enjoying the way it just blips off of obstacles at slower speeds and handles the demand for speed. Very nimble too, I was able to easily steer around stuff at the last second. Started first kick every time too. He warned me that it may take some style adjustment to handle Baby Head Hill, I thought it was fun. Climbed like its ass was on fire. More like as if it was a billy goat on crack with it's ass on fire. Nice bike man.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #8745
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,729
I love that bike. A 250 XC is my next bike for sure.

For those that might be interested...

"In an effort to increase and reward participation in our recreational events and include more recreational riders at the NETRA Annual Banquet, NETRA's Recreation Committee has introduced a new program. Any rider who attends seven riding days in NETRA's 2013 Turkey Run Series will receive a participation award to be presented at the Annual Banquet. There are 11 Turkey Runs scheduled this year with two of the events being multi-day so effectively 13 riding days. Hardcore turkey run folks who attend 7 or more of those days will receive the awards (not jackets). This is different from previous programs in that there is no drawing - if you show up enough you win! "

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is online now   Reply With Quote