ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.04%
No 151 26.08%
I have not but I want to! 288 49.74%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #9151
craftyboy
Ed

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post
I just found this action shot, you'll have to zip tie those Home Depot gloves to the fender so we'll know it's you!

Did you notice this photo earlier?

I Sure did. I went through all 400 of them. A few years back i was riding in jeans and a tee shirt with the HD gloves. I still break out the gloves, but I think they are stitching them different now because they tend to rub my skin raw lately and they turn my hands turn blue from a dye in the fabric. I was using duct tape to prevent that, but my new klims are working out better.

@Thad: You are scaring me about the pipe guard. I had to go to the garage to check it. Its still on there without a scratch . Unlike my googles that blew off my helmet and got run over multiple times on RT 1 . Then I located the lens about 200 ft away. I'm positve folks were saying WTF is this nutjob doing walking all over the road blocking traffic .

edcrane.com
craftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #9152
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrane99 View Post
I Sure did. I went through all 400 of them. A few years back i was riding in jeans and a tee shirt with the HD gloves. I still break out the gloves, but I think they are stitching them different now because they tend to rub my skin raw lately and they turn my hands turn blue from a dye in the fabric. I was using duct tape to prevent that, but my new klims are working out better.

@Thad: You are scaring me about the pipe guard. I had to go to the garage to check it. Its still on there without a scratch . Unlike my googles that blew off my helmet and got run over multiple times on RT 1 . Then I located the lens about 200 ft away. I'm positve folks were saying WTF is this nutjob doing walking all over the road blocking traffic .
Wow, I must be losing it. Just like when I thought it was you who couldn't make tri-state because you put a new rekluse in their bike, when in fact it was actually sparrow.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #9153
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
Guess I missed where Ed bought a new smoker! Cool!

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=7489

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:20 AM   #9154
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
Wow, I must be losing it. Just like when I thought it was you who couldn't make tri-state because you put a new rekluse in their bike, when in fact it was actually sparrow.
That was funny..

Video with Sparrow and I from Sunday's ride.

1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER
TURNERSVILLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #9155
bmwpowere36m3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
I'm really out of shape. Starting at Mt. Misery and doing the whole northern loop beat the snot out of me. It was a really good ride with a pace the if I could do it more often I'd be back in the game by the end of the season
We did run into issues trying to find babyhead hill but eventually did find an arrow. I'm sketchy at best up there since I usually bypass all that shit.
Sounds like you had a good day, ended up riding with a couple of guys off the TT forum. One guy has been riding there for 30 yrs, knew his way around and really rode at a pace that had me working it.
bmwpowere36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #9156
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNERSVILLE View Post
That was funny..

You look pretty good on the new bike Sparrow, except for that one DOH! What, were you looking for frogs? Need new riding gear now that you drank the orange aid. I like the way Youtube stabilizes the image. Makes it look like the trails aren't that bad, but we know better. Nice video. Hope to see you at the Classic.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #9157
ndavis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
week day rides

Hi, is there anyone else out there that can do weekday rides at Pachaug?
very nice weather this week for it. I have never ridden there but want to.
ndavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #9158
craftyboy
Ed

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNERSVILLE View Post
That was funny..

Trails appear pristine. Good to see Sparrow finally got a plate on the new bike. Nice footage after the wreck 8:58 of the tight woods riding. I wish I was there now rather than at work.

edcrane.com
craftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #9159
sparrow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1 View Post
You look pretty good on the new bike Sparrow, except for that one DOH! What, were you looking for frogs? Need new riding gear now that you drank the orange aid. I like the way Youtube stabilizes the image. Makes it look like the trails aren't that bad, but we know better. Nice video. Hope to see you at the Classic.

I like the bike and am getting used to it but miss the extra grunt out of the hole that the 450 has. The initial hit on the forks is harsh and I'm having a bit of a time trying to get rid of that. The suspension has been worked for my weight by the last guy who had the bike so I know the springs are good it's just finding the right settings to get a little plushness for my riding style.

I can't do both days at the Classic but Sunday might happen. You camping?
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #9160
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndavis View Post
Hi, is there anyone else out there that can do weekday rides at Pachaug?
very nice weather this week for it. I have never ridden there but want to.

Myself and bk.rd.rnr and one or two guys from ct haver talked about it . I might be up for something next week
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #9161
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
The initial hit on the forks is harsh and I'm having a bit of a time trying to get rid of that.
I can't do both days at the Classic but Sunday might happen. You camping?
I like the air cells for that. So does Ed G. No camping. Staying with Roger at his sisters house. I'll have my phone. Looks like Sunday may be the better day.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #9162
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Myself and bk.rd.rnr and one or two guys from ct haver talked about it . I might be up for something next week
I'm available also. I have been wanting to set up a weekly reoccuring ride after work. Kickstands up at 3:45ish from Beach Pond. Fridays work best for me.

990A / 450 EXC R/ 250 EXC/ 450R - for sale
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #9163
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,010
Looks like Wed the 12th may work. Arriving in Pachaug around 11:30 +/-
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #9164
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
I like the air cells for that. So does Ed G. No camping. Staying with Roger at his sisters house. I'll have my phone. Looks like Sunday may be the better day.
Oohhh,ladidah!
I will be camping Saturday night,cold beer and Red Bull if you stop by...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #9165
sparrow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Just remembered that I have them but they're leaking air pretty bad so I have to call for the replacement parts plus I need the KTM connections.
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote