ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 137 25.18%
No 143 26.29%
I have not but I want to! 269 49.45%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #9346
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
I had screw count wrong. 18 screws and 2 plates.I think it will all stay.got staples removed today and fiberglass cast.I was going to get orange buy ended up with red.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #9347
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,508
you'll have to buy a Honda now...

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #9348
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Hardware Pict.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #9349
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
you'll have to buy a Honda now...
I have a crf250 too and shadow. But I figured I won't be riding so it will match my Corvette. Good thing it automatic. Will find out soon if I can climb in and out.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #9350
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Heal well man. My "official" suggestion is listen to your doc. He'll likely tell you 12-16 weeks to heal a bone. From experience, you'll feel better after 4 weeks, but it's too soon. After 8 weeks, it's still weak, and you risk an easier re-break, but low impact force is ok, and actually good for it.
Calling Dr. rob, Calling Dr. rob!

And what source can you provide to affirm that? . .
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #9351
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,143
Nuked, he's got a Doc.

Too many Frankenstein pictures lately.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #9352
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,508
there are a lot of screws visible but in that small photo I can't even spot the breaks so cutting you open to reassemble (and reinforce) the damage will likely lead to many times better and faster healing time than just a cast like Rusty mentioned.. But you probably knew that already..

I'm just trying to say that as bad as it looks/feels NOW you'll back out on the bike crashing into trees before you know it.

And now I don't feel as bad for Matt (MRT10X) and his broken leg! Sorry Matt but damn, it could have been worse!!
Just kidding.. I feel your pain as well considering you're retiring/moving across the country/etc in a few weeks but now all that has to happen with a mostly non-useable left leg..

if either of you need a hand (or foot?) with anything during your convalesence send me a PM and I'll assist if I can.

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #9353
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
there are a lot of screws visible but in that small photo I can't even spot the breaks so cutting you open to reassemble (and reinforce) the damage will likely lead to many times better and faster healing time than just a cast like Rusty mentioned.. But you probably knew that already..

I'm just trying to say that as bad as it looks/feels NOW you'll back out on the bike crashing into trees before you know it.

And now I don't feel as bad for Matt (MRT10X) and his broken leg! Sorry Matt but damn, it could have been worse!!
Just kidding.. I feel your pain as well considering you're retiring/moving across the country/etc in a few weeks but now all that has to happen with a mostly non-useable left leg..

if either of you need a hand (or foot?) with anything during your convalesence send me a PM and I'll assist if I can.
Thanks for your offer.I think I will be OK.here is why I went with red cast
Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #9354
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Found couple of old pictures in my phone thought a few of you may like.not at patchaug but helped us get ready for it.
Same puddle different year. Bottom like quick sand.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #9355
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 7,814
Quote:
you'll back out on the bike crashing into trees before you know it.
The weirdest thing for me about getting back on a bike and going woods riding after my crash was the fear of falling. I rode flawlessly the first time out and never fell. (probably a bit of caution helped) That was a Saturday. Went again on the next day and was zipping about without a fall, but scared of what might be waiting around the next turn. Finally later in the day I overcooked it going into a turn and went over a berm and the bike and I did a decent tumble out through the woods. When my friends got to me I was laughing uncontrollably. It was such a relief to have finally fallen and find out it didn't hurt or require a ride in an ambulance. Probably the only time I was happy to have crashed.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #9356
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,143
Niice ride today. Done by 10:30. I got hung up a couple times, no big deal. Sometimes I take the hard lines and today it didn't work out. Bike was great.

I didn't blow out my knee, so thats nice. I have an appointment with my orthepedic on the 10th for the knee, but so far biking doesn't aggrevate it. I'll probably just get some PT , I hope anyway.

Not feeling the Hare Scramble tomorrow. Good luck to those attending.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #9357
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,605
Quote:

Ill be there. Who's in

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #9358
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Ill be there. Who's in
Good luck. Wish I could be there.:(

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #9359
Nutmeggah
Pilot

Oddometer: 149
Wicked Sweet old KTM........ Mystic CT

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/mcy/3906593642.html

Who needs a smooth older KTM? I have too many now! I saw this ad........ Thought of you guys

John

"Cut me Mick . . . so I can See!" Rocky Balboa....
Nutmeggah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #9360
sparrow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Niice ride today. Done by 10:30. I got hung up a couple times, no big deal. Sometimes I take the hard lines and today it didn't work out. Bike was great.

I didn't blow out my knee, so thats nice. I have an appointment with my orthepedic on the 10th for the knee, but so far biking doesn't aggrevate it. I'll probably just get some PT , I hope anyway.

It was a good ride. Saw some trails I haven't seen in a few years and some I've never seen. We skipped all the bony shit and kept moving at a decent clip. I caught a front flat over by greens falls but other than that the ride went smoothly. I'd like to do that exact loop a few times to be able to remember all the new stuff cause it was a lot of fun not breaking anything.
sparrow is online now   Reply With Quote