ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.04%
No 151 26.08%
I have not but I want to! 288 49.74%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #10141
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
Oh, no shit huh? Is that him?
George Peck 1976 & 77 aand Randy Martin in 1978 won the NETRA enduro championships on Rokons.

Sachs 340 single snowmobile engines with a rope starter, belt drive (snowmobile type)to a jackshaft then a chain and disc brakes. Quite collectable now.

this is a picture of Jim Hollander (owner of "Hot Grips" company at the ISDT on a Rokon

some good Rokon stories here: http://www.hotgrips.com/Jim-Hollande...und-Photos.php

Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #10142
sprouty115
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,046
Pretty nifty no-snag brake design, eh? I bent mine (KTM 690) into a pretzl shape last weekend and despite the $150 replacement cost, I was still pretty happy it didn't destroy my cases...
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #10143
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,724
I took the XC behind the house for a bit today. All I can say is, "I'm scared!"

This bike is my first 2 stroke and it's a completely different experience than my 400 4 stroke. When the power hits I am hanging on for dear life and feel like I lack the grip strength needed to stay ahead of the bike. It's so light and nimble it takes corners on a dime and I can flick it from side to side with little effort. At the same, it doesn't have the planted feel out on the trails that the 400 has: it feels skittish, like the tires aren't always on the ground.

It's definitely going to take me a while to get to used to. I'm sure the leaf covered trails didn't help with my confidence any.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #10144
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
Yeah, that's cause the wheels aren't on the ground! Congrats man! Looks ready.
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #10145
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post

This bike is my first 2 stroke and it's a completely different experience than my 400 4 stroke. When the power hits I am hanging on for dear life and feel like I lack the grip strength needed to stay ahead of the bike. It's so light and nimble it takes corners on a dime and I can flick it from side to side with little effort. At the same, it doesn't have the planted feel out on the trails that the 400 has: it feels skittish, like the tires aren't always on the ground.

It's definitely going to take me a while to get to used to. I'm sure the leaf covered trails didn't help with my confidence any.

Yeah sure,before you know it you will want a 300 for the lack of power
Congrats man!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #10146
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:

Think of it like a spiderweb and you're Spider-Man. Spin it up and shoot it - turn to turn, hit to hit - spool it up and fire. Work the clutch like it the throttle.

Also make you have it set to mild. Wild will blow your hair back a bit.

Congrats on the new ride - you deserve it.

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #10147
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,012
Quote:

if you feel its alitlle too much you should drop down one size. ill do an even swap for my 200 if you like
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #10148
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
if you feel its alitlle too much you should drop down one size. ill do an even swap for my 200 and my new Charger if you like
Deal!

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
Old 10-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #10149
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Done!

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 10-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #10150
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

actually since I only made 2 payments on it...sure you can have the Dodge Charger too
Old 10-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #10151
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Done!

Darius on Dirt
Old 10-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #10152
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,695
Old 10-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #10153
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
FYI, NETA trials event tomorow! Free to watch and they serve up a good lunch for a fair price.

Meriden Motorcycle Club!

Stantack Rd,
Middletown, Ct.
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #10154
craftyboy
Ed

Oddometer: 343
Quote:

I'm back from vacation and wow lots happening here. Congrats on the new bike. I'm sure you will love it.

edcrane.com
craftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #10155
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
FYI, NETA trials event tomorow! Free to watch and they serve up a good lunch for a fair price.

Meriden Motorcycle Club!

Stantack Rd,
Middletown, Ct.
Everyone was at the enduro. Good food reasonably priced there too.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote