ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.17%
No 151 26.22%
I have not but I want to! 285 49.48%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 576. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #10171
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
It was a perfect day that got ruined by a wrong turn indeed.I did not want to do that HS course again...
It was fun...
Oh you were the one who got lost there? I heard about it through the grape vine. Last two enduros I got lost so I know how it feels.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #10172
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
Oh you were the one who got lost there? I heard about it through the grape vine. Last two enduros I got lost so I know how it feels.
Oh yeah,I feel better now...
Old 10-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #10173
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
I went to trials got to test drive an x ride briefly. To bad such small gas tank gearing to low and close ratio.still would be a fun light bike.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #10174
gpj530
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
It was a perfect day that got ruined by a wrong turn indeed.I did not want to do that HS course again...
It was fun...
I thought the set them up with arrows or just cirtain ones they do
gpj530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #10175
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,926
They do, The problem that I and probably everyone else had was that the trails were leaf covered and if you weren't paying attention you would start following a burnt in trail/path/road not realizing the course turned off. I know made at least 3 mistakes and cursed the arrowing crew but sure enough when i went back and looked there it was plain as day. Every turn I missed was rider error
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #10176
gpj530
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
They do, The problem that I and probably everyone else had was that the trails were leaf covered and if you weren't paying attention you would start following a burnt in trail/path/road not realizing the course turned off. I know made at least 3 mistakes and cursed the arrowing crew but sure enough when i went back and looked there it was plain as day. Every turn I missed was rider error
Well that sounds like something I would do. I'm good at getting lost
Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #10177
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpj530 View Post
Well that sounds like something I would do. I'm good at getting lost

You should race C senior then
Old 10-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #10178
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,723
I was surprised on some sections that after 80 something bikes had gone through there was hardly any evidence of it with the leaves covering everything.

And, I can attest to the fact that there were more arrows at B&B than were at the Somers Fun turkey run. 50 degree weather and my bike was overheating most of the time from all the stopping and starting done while taking down the arrows. One sweeper had a '07 CRF450X that was overheating as well and he said his bike had never overheated before.

Taking down all those arrows took more out of me than any race this year for some reason and we had 8 guys out there at one point leap frogging each other grabbing them all up. One thing that I learned (well, relearned) this time around was don't try to grab the arrows off the tree while moving: you might get the arrow off the tree without falling down but smashing your finger tips into the tree at 10 mph isn't a pleasant experience.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #10179
gpj530
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
You should race C senior then
I plan on doing some next season.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #10180
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Excellent....
Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #10181
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,365
So, the last time I went by One Eye'd Mary's place was the weekend before last. It appeared unmaintained and I fear the place is in distress. I looked it up on Zillow and it's not for sale, but I did get the estimate of $150k for 20 acres. If the link works, on the right side, map button, use ariel view without changing the zoom and it should show all the fields. That place is REALLY underutilized.

• Bedrooms:4 beds
  • Bathrooms:1 bath
  • Single Family:1,239 sq ft
  • Lot:20.6 acres
  • Year Built:1867
  • Heating Type:Forced air

You couldn't ask for a nicer place to live if your hobby was, oh, pretty much ANYTHING.

akarob screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 05:54 PM
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #10182
nobody
motomaniac

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel View Post
I was surprised on some sections that after 80 something bikes had gone through there was hardly any evidence of it with the leaves covering everything.

And, I can attest to the fact that there were more arrows at B&B than were at the Somers Fun turkey run. 50 degree weather and my bike was overheating most of the time from all the stopping and starting done while taking down the arrows. One sweeper had a '07 CRF450X that was overheating as well and he said his bike had never overheated before.

Taking down all those arrows took more out of me than any race this year for some reason and we had 8 guys out there at one point leap frogging each other grabbing them all up. One thing that I learned (well, relearned) this time around was don't try to grab the arrows off the tree while moving: you might get the arrow off the tree without falling down but smashing your finger tips into the tree at 10 mph isn't a pleasant experience.
Did you guys run out of Danger(X) signs?It looks like there were some cut in half...
Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #10183
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Yeah.what were those supposef to mean?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #10184
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Did you guys run out of Danger(X) signs?It looks like there were some cut in half...
Those were creative use of X arrows. Cut them in half and you have an arrow. Actually 2 arrows. The guys (guy) that laid out new trail must not have had enough arrows, so they cut X's in half. So on some new trail, there were ribbons on trees, half X arrows and official arrows. How could you possibly get lost?
Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #10185
sprouty115
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
So, the last time I went by One Eye'd Mary's place was the weekend before last. It appeared unmaintained and I fear the place is in distress...You couldn't ask for a nicer place to live if your hobby was, oh, pretty much ANYTHING.
That was the place with the barn on the left, house on the right we passed later in the day? $150k for 20 acres seems like a deal.
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote