ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?
Yes 145 25.13%
No 151 26.17%
I have not but I want to! 286 49.57%
I am scared to ride it.... 10 1.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 577. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #91
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Oddometer: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbunceiii
Yes, Sunday the 7th....if I get my chain guard in....fingers crossed!
My carb needed a new float pin and valve housing. I called every KTM parts website/dealer on a Thursday and nobody had it. Then I saw a Google ad state the following "WE STOCK WHAT WE SELL".

The site was http://www.motosport.com/offroad/index.php

Looked up my part # and gave them a call and they had the part!! They shipped it overnight for $25 (not bad). So if you ever have a part that you need fast look at their site to see if it is listed and give them a call. Free 2 day shipping on orders over $99.

FYI....MY carb float pin and housing were really corroded. Never seen a part of a carb go down like that. Wondered why for a while and then I read this:

http://jalopnik.com/5043482/ethanol-...-small-engines

And if you are bored check out this cool site:
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/
1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER

TURNERSVILLE screwed with this post 08-31-2008 at 04:35 AM
TURNERSVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #92
leonphelps OP
Rode TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Oddometer: 1,024
My chain guard is supposed to be in by friday. Are we still up for sunday? Anyone else coming?
leonphelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #93
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Quote:
My chain guard is supposed to be in by friday. Are we still up for sunday? Anyone else coming?
Got my bike back today!! Shocks Complete!! Oil Bolt out and re-threaded!!

I am ready for a Sunday ride!!!

I ordered a helmet cam (VholdR) so hopefully it will arrive by this weekend. It should capture a couple hours of riding.
1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER

TURNERSVILLE screwed with this post 09-03-2008 at 09:57 AM
Old 09-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #94
leonphelps OP
Rode TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Pachaug Sunday Ride 9/7/2008

Ok Great...!

Who's in for Sunday ride? Sound off like you got a pair!

Sunday, September 7, 2008 departing at 9am....
Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #95
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Quote:
Ok Great...!

Who's in for Sunday ride? Sound off like you got a pair!

Sunday, September 7, 2008 departing at 9am....
Not looking good weather wise. Mr. Hurricane might shit on our parade:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...144212W_sm.gif

Can you ride on Saturday?
1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER
Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #96
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Oddometer: 1,216
One of these days I will get it

Normally, Sundays are excellent days for me to ride, but ( here we go again) but I have 3 tickets to Buffet on Saturday night, and 2 pretty girls to go with me, kinda hoping they get me really drunk, and take me home and take advantage of me.
Last weekend I was in Maine with the ATV. WOW, its always awesome to go up there, we was near Mt.Blue State Park. My buddy had is KLR 650 there, and he was wishing he had a quad, its some rugged stuff, no doubt, between the rocks, ruts and roots, I thought I was riding in RI !!
How about Sunday the 21st? or 28th?

~dr

Wish I was a headlight.
Stan Dalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #97
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNERSVILLE
Not looking good weather wise. Mr. Hurricane might shit on our parade:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...144212W_sm.gif

Can you ride on Saturday?
I guess the storm will be over CT at 2 am and should be gone by 9am. I'm still in unless the storm is really blowing/down poring in the morning. Let me know if anyone is still coming. I'll check the thread Sunday morning.
1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER

TURNERSVILLE screwed with this post 09-04-2008 at 04:27 AM
Old 09-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #98
leonphelps OP
Rode TAT/Prudhoe Bay

my chain guard is in, picking it up tomorrow so I'll be ready for Sunday.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:01 AM   #99
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Quote:
my chain guard is in, picking it up tomorrow so I'll be ready for Sunday.
Helmet Cam is arriving today...I got the VholdR
http://www.vholdr.com/shoot/camera/overview

Hopefully it will be good enough..Here is a video sample http://www.vholdr.com/node/4611

It is an "all in one" so there is no external pack hanging off me to break.
1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER
Old 09-05-2008, 04:27 AM   #100
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Normally, Sundays are excellent days for me to ride, but ( here we go again) but I have 3 tickets to Buffet on Saturday night, and 2 pretty girls to go with me, kinda hoping they get me really drunk, and take me home and take advantage of me.
Last weekend I was in Maine with the ATV. WOW, its always awesome to go up there, we was near Mt.Blue State Park. My buddy had is KLR 650 there, and he was wishing he had a quad, its some rugged stuff, no doubt, between the rocks, ruts and roots, I thought I was riding in RI !!
How about Sunday the 21st? or 28th?

~dr
Don't see why I can't make either weekend. Just confirm what date you are open....or free from pretty girls...
1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER
Old 09-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #101
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

Muddy!!!

It is going to be muddy!!!

1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER
Old 09-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #102
McDuff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
^^ Dammit!! Where's my diaphragm!! Waaaaa!!
McDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #103
TURNERSVILLE
Have Time to Ride

9/07/08 Ride:

It was more wet than muddy. It was very muddy. It was very wet.

The water made the ride almost seem like it was in a different place.

John busted his rear brake master cylinder on a root caused tumble.

The Youtube video of us going through some "deep" water with rocks popping out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQCDdOpMq7A

When we went to that same place all the rocks were submersed.

I stalled a couple of times after going through some deep stuff but we made it home.

John and I did 100% of the loop!!

My vhold camera came DOA so no vids...sorry.

My bike over heated and started pissing fluid...I realized when I got home that my radiator guard was on the wrong way so air wasn't flowing. Live and learn.
1984 KTM 125 GS - Stolen
PULSE OXIMETER
Old 09-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #104
leonphelps OP
Rode TAT/Prudhoe Bay

Wink

So the night before I had a party at the house. It was small about 8 people, drinks were flowing....

I set the alarm for 7am, I went to bed at 1am.....6 hours should be more then enough

I almost said screw it and didnt go riding....but the sun was out and I didnt want to let Turner down...

I loaded up the bike and did a final chain adjustment on the WR. Which I did too loose....

I arrived at the unload site and met up with Turner. We headed off a little after 9am. Turner had a new suspension to try out. We immediately started hitting water on the trail. It takes me a little to get "warmed up" and Turner was in the lead. I was a little slow and turner was making a good pace, I guess the suspension was working.

We were moving along pretty good and the water puddles were pretty large. So we tippy toed around them. Better to not barrel through the puddles when you cant see the rocks laying in wait!

I am not sure when my first "superman" crash started, but I got stuck on a few rocks. After a short time, maybe mile marker 25? the new trail markers stopped appearing on the trees. So I took the lead with the roll chart. we still missed a few turns but we reconized that we were off course and back tracked to get back on the main trail.

So with Tuner following, we got to the part just before the water crossing. I think its around mile marker 40 or so. The trail is pretty impassable and there is an alternate trail that is on a slop of a hill about 10 feet up from the main path. I take the alternate trail up the hill, where I run into a tree stump. So with the combination of my riding skills and the tree stump, I fall off the bike to the right. My back facing down the hill and I slam into a tree trunk and jam my right elbow on another stump. Thank god for chest protectors and elbow pads!

What I don't realise is that I broke the rear brake master cylinder. The frame guard that covered it was bent and pushed it into the rear swingarm. It cracked the site glass and cracked the aluminum surronding it.

So we lift the bike and we head out to the water crossing.

FYI...I am typing this useing the new Google Chrome browser and it will not let me use the spell checker!

We rolled up to the Water crossing and was much deeper and father up the bank then I had ever seen. The hurricane from last night dumped a ton of water.

I grabbed a long stick and ventured out into the stream to test the depth. I figured it would be up to the bottom of the air box, say 2-3 feet? The water was well over my boots and they filled. We decided to take a chance with a crossing. We discussed before that if it was too deep, we would turn back. But with the condition that if I get stuck that Turner would come save me, I headed out. I could see the rocks as I moved through the stream and just aimed for the black spaces in between them. I think I got stuck one time but made it accross.

Then turner ventured out. He got stuck one time too and I think he might have stalled. All during the ride we were both having stalling problems with the depths of the mudd and water.

When we rolled out the the road thats when I found that the rear brake was completly gone and the master cylinder was wearing a hole in the swing arm. We used a tire iron to bend it back. We then headed off to the next area and my chain was super loose. So we decided to drive to the Mobile Gas station to adjust it and take a break. Once there I found out that my tool kit contained a 13mm wrench that was actually 13.2mm and just a bit too big to use to adjust my chain. NOT HAPPY!

So why does Yamaha have a chain adjustment screw/nut of 12mm on one side and a 13mm on the other? WTF!!

So I just adjusted the one side and got the chain semi tighter and we headed out again. We first got some "lunch" from Mobile, a yummy egg salad sandwich for me and a Dunkin Donuts flatbread sandwich for turner.

Now I dont know what happened to me but I became super tired and my will to ride was gone. I again took the lead and put on a spectactular "superman" show for turner....I think I crashed at least 3 more times. We did complete the hero section and ended up finishing the whole loop. By the time I got back to the start/finish I was exhausted. It wasn't a hot or humid day but I think the crashes wore my ass out.

After I got home I found some more damage to the bike. The choke lever in the carb was bent. The brass was turned 90 degrees and the choke was slightly out.....$17.85 from bike bandit......and I eBay'd the brake caliper for $58.99, new from a 2008 YZ....."keepitroostin" is the guys name....

So today as I write this my body is battered and sore. My neck is stiff and my lower back is killing me......but is was a great ride!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #105
NJDRT-RDR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Now I dont know what happened to me but I became super tired and my will to ride was gone. I again took the lead and put on a spectactular "superman" show for turner....I think I crashed at least 3 more times. We did complete the hero section and ended up finishing the whole loop. By the time I got back to the start/finish I was exhausted. It wasn't a hot or humid day but I think the crashes wore my ass out.
If was the lack of enough sleep. I've been there, done that....and had a miserable day riding...

Someday I hope to join you folks on that loop. Just a bit tough, it's a long drive for me. Like 3.5 hours.

The michigan Trail Safari
http://home.comcast.net/~drt-rdr/trailsafari.txt
NJDRT-RDR is online now   Reply With Quote