Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #5131
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,288
I'd love to - but it seems that working Saturdays ... every Saturday ... is a requirement of my new job

I get off one day a work-week, and have every other Sunday off. Such is the life of a new car salesman in south Florida, but I've been in the business for years through my family, and it's satisfying to be back in it (although at a higher-status dealership than the little one we had).

I should probably have considered motorcycle sales, huh?

Have fun out there, and let's not have any more oil leaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpau View Post
For anyone wanting to ride Sat. 26th over to Everglades City to the Seafood Depot to meet up with the Wanker Tour group and then back during the evening hours.....read the Wanker South Florida Tour...thread.

Let me know..(Mambo, SpeedR, Ginger.Clark-Kenski, )...I can leave Sunrise....Sat. around 10:00 ish....... I will be riding a street bike so loop road is ok for me but no sand or real off roading Sat. If I get over there early enough I may poke around Jane's Scenic......

Andy you are planning on going up earlier correct? I have a Dr. Apt. Sat. at 7 a.m. so cannot leave so early....PM me if you decide to go over later in the day......

Also Fener6 the old guys that do the Hare scrambles will be there......most of them are Wanker's too......
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #5132
Fener6
The Container Man

Oddometer: 247
thanks sanpau...

If not on my bike, you can find me managing Steel Containers For Sale and Bahamas Fishing Charters
Fener6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #5133
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide

Oddometer: 5,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracertdi View Post
Who is on the WR250? Last time I was out there the guy in our group on a WR250 caused a major accident resulting in me hitting my SPOT and a rider getting transported to the hospital in Naples. I'm not going to mention names. If anyone wants to know PM me. I'll be at Dade Corners around 8-8:30. Green KLR, silver jacket and helmet.
I remember that ride very well...
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #5134
sanpau
Love to Ride

Oddometer: 698
Oscar you can ride the Boxer over to the Seafood Depot (Jan. 26th) if you want...John had it running this weekend....If you are not working..................If you are working.....you may want to pop over for a visit Sat. Late evening......

Kenny----I still have that blue chain in the garage if we ever connect and if you still want it......LMK

Definitely NO MORE BROKEN CHAINS or OIL LEAKS..........I am still getting the oil off the ER and have washed it at least 4 times since the event..........

Now for this weekend....anyone riding around the Arcadia, FL area......I am camping with a group at the Peace River Campground...Shelter #1 and we are going to go fossil gathering and possible canoeing.......I am going up on the bike Friday night and returning Monday. Stop by if you wish or come and camp with us.....we usually do the primitive camping there but this time we are a group with kids so went for the tents around a Shelter......stop by if you are in the area.
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #5135
Celtic Curmudgeon
Indiana Jones wanabe

Oddometer: 272
Dania Beach Vintage Motorcycle Show

Anyone going to the Dania bike show next weekend?

http://www.daniabeachvintagebikeshow.com/
Old 01-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #5136
clark-kentski
PartiallyBionic

Oddometer: 902
Im going get there early for parking.

Which one of you FF's was it?...Charter contributor
XR650R ?? Yes Doctor,that's the one.
clark-kentski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 AM   #5137
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I sure wouldn't mind meetin ya for a ride some day - I'm sure you're a great guy, excellent rider, masterful travel-mate and all, but the real reason is that I'd like to sit on a DR650 aftermarket seat, lol.

I once sat on what seemed a 1" lower (by special order) Corbin on a dealership's used DR650, but something was really, really off about it. It was as if someone used a new Corbon outside, but stuffed it with a cheaper foam inside. It was nothing like any Corbin I've ever seen, nor like the Corbin I own for my other bike.
Seat Concepts seat installed!! Feels really good on a short little ride, big test will be this weekend.
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #5138
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
Seat Concepts seat installed!! Feels really good on a short little ride, big test will be this weekend.
Pics or it didn't happen
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #5139
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Pics or it didn't happen
LOL>......I will take and post tonight.

Are we set for Friday to do an install of windscreen and lights at the rallye? I will have cash!!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #5140
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
LOL>......I will take and post tonight.

Are we set for Friday to do an install of windscreen and lights at the rallye? I will have cash!!!
PM sent
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #5141
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide

Oddometer: 5,911
Paula, That is much appreciated. I have been busy and it's been a while since I saw you guys. If I can make it I will...
How was the weekend??
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #5142
speedracertdi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 985
Hi All! It was definitely fun riding with you guys in The Squares this past Saturday. Not sure if it was fun or not plowing my heavy KLR through the sugar sand though! I really thought the D606's would do better than that. It was a workout, cant wait to do it again!

I switched out everything to street mode for this weekend. I'm doing the American Legends Motorcycle Rally this weekend. It's 1000 miles in 24 hours for cash prizes. Should be interesting to see all the full dress cruiser and Goldwing guys faces when I pull up! I know something they don't though. My bike gets nearly double the MPG than they do and I've already been cross country on this machine including a 1000 mile day.

Next weekend, I'll see you all at Dania. Looking forward to those old bikes and vendor area again. Last year I picked up a book by Carlos Caggiani that outlined his travels on a motorcycle trip around the world from South America. Awesome read!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:45 AM   #5143
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 4,097
In key west monday/tuesday 28-29 if anyone wants to meet for a beer or lunch.

Semper Paratus
marty hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #5144
Fener6
The Container Man

Oddometer: 247
Need help

Anyone near wpb able to help me sort out a ktm 625?

The valves sound way off from the knocking noise it's making. Not sure if there is anything more to it. Other than my gratitude I can repay with beer, liquor, wings, pizza....tacos al carbon???

Just want help from someone with the right tools and knowledge.

If not on my bike, you can find me managing Steel Containers For Sale and Bahamas Fishing Charters
Fener6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #5145
coconuttele
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Anyone riding this weekend? I have a Saturday off, first one in I dont know when, want to get a few miles in.
coconuttele is offline   Reply With Quote