Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #1501
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,489
As far as I know, nothing is in the works, at least not for 2011.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igormortis
Hi Dennis. Can we expect a women's glove with Gore-Tex soon? Or did I miss that on your page?

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #1502
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Ladies Goretex adventure jacket

I like the looks of the ladies Ventura jacket but I really want a goretex version so I guess I'll have to wait. Besides, hubby says I have to sell my other suits that I don't wear before I buy anything more.

BTW, I just found out that you can wear the Ignition into the 30's with proper layering even though I don't have any heated clothing. I saw in one of your previous posts that you can get some heated gear. What kind of heated jacket can you get - Gerbing's with microwire? Battery operated? I only have a 20 minute commute.

Also, I need a winter glove that has a larger gauntlet than my Kelvin's. It seems like the Bastion glove is the only glove that opens up wide enough to get over the cuffs of my Ignition.

Thanks!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #1503
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I'm afraid it's going to be a while before we see Gore-Tex version of ladies jacket. Good news is that you have plenty of gear to wear

I was talking about this heated jacket. I think BASTION is probably the only glove that will fit over the IGNITION cuff.

You are hardcore riding in 30 degree weather. I was riding home in high 50's yesterday, and froze my ass off

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing
I like the looks of the ladies Ventura jacket but I really want a goretex version so I guess I'll have to wait. Besides, hubby says I have to sell my other suits that I don't wear before I buy anything more.

BTW, I just found out that you can wear the Ignition into the 30's with proper layering even though I don't have any heated clothing. I saw in one of your previous posts that you can get some heated gear. What kind of heated jacket can you get - Gerbing's with microwire? Battery operated? I only have a 20 minute commute.

Also, I need a winter glove that has a larger gauntlet than my Kelvin's. It seems like the Bastion glove is the only glove that opens up wide enough to get over the cuffs of my Ignition.

Thanks!

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #1504
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

Oddometer: 276
I am scratching my head over sizing for the Cayenne Pro pants. I have narrow long hips - 102cm and my waist is 100cm. My inside leg is 84cm and outseam is 114 cm.

The sizing on Revzilla doesn't correspond with sizing on FC Moto site http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...ectID=11443411

There are 2 sizes for XL on Revzilla and 2 sizes for XXL on FC Moto.

What is going on? I have an XXL jacket that fits well. But what size pants do I need?
Nandewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #1505
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

What jean size do you normally wear? What is your height and weight?

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandewar
I am scratching my head over sizing for the Cayenne Pro pants. I have narrow long hips - 102cm and my waist is 100cm. My inside leg is 84cm and outseam is 114 cm.

The sizing on Revzilla doesn't correspond with sizing on FC Moto site http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...ectID=11443411

There are 2 sizes for XL on Revzilla and 2 sizes for XXL on FC Moto.

What is going on? I have an XXL jacket that fits well. But what size pants do I need?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #1506
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

Hi Dennis,
I'm a 200 pound 6 foot 2" gorilla who wears 36" or 92R jeans.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #1507
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

When you refer to inseam, is that measured to the ground of big ankle bone? Do you get your jeans in longer length?

D.

Quote:
Hi Dennis,
I'm a 200 pound 6 foot 2" gorilla who wears 36" or 92R jeans.

Hope this helps.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #1508
Nandewar
Sound sound the clarion

I measured as per your video - Inseam is to the big ankle bone. I have bought both regular and long size jeans - depending on brand.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #1509
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
got my SASTEC...

I received my SASTEC back protector and I've already installed it into my Ignition. Thanks for working with me on my credit card - if a credit card company blocks your card because they think someone unauthorized is charging to it (not BeachMoto) - shouldn't they let you know?

Anyways, I am eagerly awaiting for the pics of the Ladies Ventura on your wife. Please include shots of the sleeve. Also please let me know more about the thermal liner. Can I go into 30's with it or is it just for cool weather? Thanks.
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #1510
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Sounds like XL Long is the size you are after.

D.

P.S. You are confusing me with another REV'IT! vendor, Revzilla, who made YouTube videos.

Quote:
I measured as per your video - Inseam is to the big ankle bone. I have bought both regular and long size jeans - depending on brand.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #1511
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Don't you just hate it when credit card companies simply block your credit card only for you to find out about it at the most inappropriate time?

You will be the first to see any more VENTURA pictures I can get a hold of. Knowing you, you can go to 30's without a liner. Seriously, I think the jacket will be almost as warm as CAYENNE PRO but with much better fit.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing
I received my SASTEC back protector and I've already installed it into my Ignition. Thanks for working with me on my credit card - if a credit card company blocks your card because they think someone unauthorized is charging to it (not BeachMoto) - shouldn't they let you know?

Anyways, I am eagerly awaiting for the pics of the Ladies Ventura on your wife. Please include shots of the sleeve. Also please let me know more about the thermal liner. Can I go into 30's with it or is it just for cool weather? Thanks.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #1512
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Folks, if you are planning to pay us a visit this week, keep in mind that the showroom will be closed November 17-21 due to our participation in SCORE Baja 1000 Race.

Of course you can still PM or e-mail me and I will do my best to respond. All online orders will ship without any delay. Adios!

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #1513
nickn
Gypsy

Oddometer: 29
Question Choices choices!!!

I would like to make a complaint: Rev-It has too many good products to choose from and it's impossible to make up my mind! Even if I can decide on something, then there's color... silver/black, silver/red... size... a little loose, a little tight... on and on.

Ive been thinking about purchasing the Sand Jacket for weeks but cant seem to pull the trigger. I like the look, but I'm not a serious adventure rider YET and it seems overkill, and I don't like that zipper on the cuff, they always ride up. The Dragon is much more suiting to my needs and budget, but I cannot stand the black. I have the Air Jacket in Light Grey-Red and love-love that cream color textile.

So where does that leave me? One thing Rev-It doesn't have is a nice entry level winter jacket THAT'S NOT BLACK. I like some of their more casual options, like the CR, which won't be that warm. That CR in cream leather is gorgeous but am not a fan of leather or the price, the CR textile is nice too. It would be possible to import a Strada H20 from a UK online store...

I just don't know. And then there are pants and gloves too... That seems simpler. Probably the Factor or Sand pants and the Orion gloves. People advised not to get the Zoom gloves for some reason.

Just to let you know ahead of time, I think I should order this from the nearby Moto Guzzi/Rev-It dealer here in VA so I can support my local shop, which I'm sure you approve of (He only stocks 2 jackets, I wish I lived in Cali by your place!). Plus, this guy must be super-desperate for some business, there is never anyone in there and I feel a little bad. And I bring my Guzzi there because it's always breaking. I think they come from the factory with the service engine light on.

-Nick

nickn screwed with this post 11-17-2010 at 10:31 AM
nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #1514
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I think some of you may be interested in this:

This is the first time EVER that REV'IT! has a sale like this. So if you are on the fence about buying something, do it NOW as it may not happen again.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #1515
bradatlarge
Insha'Allah

Oddometer: 12,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
So if you are on the fence about buying something, do it NOW as it may not happen again.
I've been on the fence forever about a under-jacket....and am now going to pull the trigger.

Which should I get to wear under my riding gear (BMW Comfort Shell or Rev'it Off Track)?

The Digital

or

The Upsilon

Or

The Roadmaster

Keep in mind that I'm looking for something to add some extra warmth for commuting in the cold Chicago winters as well as be something I can wear to the corner coffee shop when not on the bike.

The vest looks interesting to me, as the sleeves (with armor) are a bit snug on both the Rev'it Jacket and the BMW jacket and being a vest, I won't have to fuss with the sleeves when putting on the riding jacket - but, it compromises its Starbucks-ability.

Good luck on the Baja. Let me know your thoughts when you can.

And. Gloves too. I wear a 9/9.5 in BMW Gloves or XL with AlpineStars. What size should I be getting?

bradatlarge screwed with this post 11-19-2010 at 10:16 AM
bradatlarge is offline   Reply With Quote