User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #1516
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,489
Hi,

Do not be afraid to get the UPSILON jacket as the sleeves are very close fitting and you will have no problem fitting it under your jackets. Just make sure you get the sizing right, it fits pretty small. If you have skinny body, order the same size as your OFF TRACK, otherwise go with size up.

DIGITAL is better suited for off the bike wear but the sleeves are a bit more bulky so I do not think it's going to work for you.

ROADMASTER is a good choice as a compliment to another thermal with full sleeves, otherwise you are giving up extra warmth.

If you are using XL in A-Stars gloves, the chances are REV'IT! XL will work for you as well. What model did you have in mind? Some run smaller than others.

Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatlarge
I've been on the fence forever about a under-jacket....and am now going to pull the trigger.

Which should I get to wear under my riding gear (BMW Comfort Shell or Rev'it Off Track)?

The Digital

or

The Upsilon

Or

The Roadmaster

Keep in mind that I'm looking for something to add some extra warmth for commuting in the cold Chicago winters as well as be something I can wear to the corner coffee shop when not on the bike.

The vest looks interesting to me, as the sleeves (with armor) are a bit snug on both the Rev'it Jacket and the BMW jacket and being a vest, I won't have to fuss with the sleeves when putting on the riding jacket - but, it compromises its Starbucks-ability.

Good luck on the Baja. Let me know your thoughts when you can.

And. Gloves too. I wear a 9/9.5 in BMW Gloves or XL with AlpineStars. What size should I be getting?

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #1517
Braunry
gravel grinder

Oddometer: 124
Dennis,
Haven't posted on here in a while, but wanted to let you know I ordered dirt gloves in XL today. I moved out to HI. from Southern Oregon, and my Cayenne Pro pants and Jacket are a bit overkill for the climate. How long will you be discounting Turbine pants? I have the Air jacket and it vents really well, but from the waist down, I am wanting for more air flow. Also wanted to say that because of your exemplary customer service, I will continue to do business with you.
Braunry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #1518
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Good to hear from you. I thought it was a bit strange that your address was in HI. Come on, it can't be that bad there

TURBINE pants are no longer on sale (besides 15% off until tomorrow) Since you already have AIR jacket, ROTOR pants would be ideal match ventilation and protection wise. $145 price is great too (if you order before the sale ends) Let me know, maybe I could ship them with your gloves. I recall your size was L.

Meanwhile I will have to figure out what to do with shipping. UPS Ground doesn't work for obvious reasons :) Let me know what you think. Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunry
Dennis,
Haven't posted on here in a while, but wanted to let you know I ordered dirt gloves in XL today. I moved out to HI. from Southern Oregon, and my Cayenne Pro pants and Jacket are a bit overkill for the climate. How long will you be discounting Turbine pants? I have the Air jacket and it vents really well, but from the waist down, I am wanting for more air flow. Also wanted to say that because of your exemplary customer service, I will continue to do business with you.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #1519
AdventureGoddess
No GP for Cristi...

Oddometer: 122
Oh Motodisiac...I scrolled through the women's gear section. I think you need to find some ladies to photograph. I don't quite see myself in the Gear pants when there's a guy in them already ;) Glad to see business is going well and sorry my lazy ass hasn't made it out there. I did see one of my female riding cohorts sporting a REV'it jacket which had two things I liked: it lacked a prominent logo and the bulkiness of my Rocket leather jacket (which makes me look less lady-like and more linebacker).
Old 11-25-2010, 05:40 AM   #1520
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Gear pants

I second that vote for a female model for the women's Gear pants!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #1521
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I'l keep it in mind. The current issue is that my model is 5' Zero " and GEAR pants do not come in short sizes. Have you done any modeling yourself?

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureGoddess
Oh Motodisiac...I scrolled through the women's gear section. I think you need to find some ladies to photograph. I don't quite see myself in the Gear pants when there's a guy in them already ;) Glad to see business is going well and sorry my lazy ass hasn't made it out there. I did see one of my female riding cohorts sporting a REV'it jacket which had two things I liked: it lacked a prominent logo and the bulkiness of my Rocket leather jacket (which makes me look less lady-like and more linebacker).

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #1522
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

My friends,

I want to wish you all Happy Thanksgiving. It only seems appropriate to thank you all on this day. Thank you for your support, thank you for your patience, thank you for sticking with me. Thank you. I'm going for a ride NOW

Dennis

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-26-2010, 02:44 AM   #1523
mac inger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Hey D. will you be open tomorrow?

Ill see if i can bring a model and my camera gear too :p

PS: shit out of luck with the sale event....
mac inger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #1524
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I'm open today until I decide to go home, do not know about tomorrow yet. Make sure you call me before you head this way. Cheers,

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac inger
Hey D. will you be open tomorrow?

Ill see if i can bring a model and my camera gear too :p

PS: shit out of luck with the sale event....

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 11-28-2010, 07:21 PM   #1525
AdventureGoddess
No GP for Cristi...

I'm 5'9" and about a size 6/8. I'll be at the women's booth of the motorcycle show in Long Beach on December 18th from 9:30a to 12:30p. Come on out and see your competition! I don't think I've seen Rev'It gear sold here. You should get a booth =)
Old 11-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #1526
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Hey,

I had a booth at Long Beach show a couple of years ago, it went OK. I think people assumed it was oficial REV'IT! booth so I do not think I got much business from it.

What is this "women's booth" you are talking about? I will be at the show for sure, see you there.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureGoddess
I'm 5'9" and about a size 6/8. I'll be at the women's booth of the motorcycle show in Long Beach on December 18th from 9:30a to 12:30p. Come on out and see your competition! I don't think I've seen Rev'It gear sold here. You should get a booth =)

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #1527
AdventureGoddess
No GP for Cristi...

This year Joanne Donn (GearChic) and Sue Slate (Women's Motorcyclist Foundation, Inc.) are in charge of making the IMS more female-friendly. Past years have been mediocre at best. I'm hoping for some good times - though between the standard offerings, more female support, classes on basic mechanics, and a couple of motorcycle-related short videos...it sounds like it may have a chance.

Info on the women's section - http://www.motorcycleshows.com/features/women-ride
Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #1528
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Great, I will definitely make sure I stop by. Cheers,

D.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #1529
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Orion GTX gloves

Dennis:

I received the Orion gloves and I'm glad that I ordered them. The XS fit me to a T and I can't wait to go riding. But the white stuff is falling and with temperatures dropping into low 20's tonight, I haven't convinced hubby that it's safe to ride tomorrow. (Our roads tend to ice up due to lots of shading in the valleys.)

As soon as I can get a ride in, I'll let you know how they do. I think they're going to be much warmer than my Kelvins due to the snugger fit. In fact, I know that they're warmer because I feel asleep in my comfy chair with them on and then wondered why my hands were so hot when I woke up - oh, I still have the Orions on.

These are top notch gloves - well designed and excellent quality!

Later.
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #1530
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Definitely keep us posted on how they do compared to KELVIN. I normally do all the testing myself, however this time I will let you do it :) Not much winter here, it's in mid 70's today.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing View Post
Dennis:

I received the Orion gloves and I'm glad that I ordered them. The XS fit me to a T and I can't wait to go riding. But the white stuff is falling and with temperatures dropping into low 20's tonight, I haven't convinced hubby that it's safe to ride tomorrow. (Our roads tend to ice up due to lots of shading in the valleys.)

As soon as I can get a ride in, I'll let you know how they do. I think they're going to be much warmer than my Kelvins due to the snugger fit. In fact, I know that they're warmer because I feel asleep in my comfy chair with them on and then wondered why my hands were so hot when I woke up - oh, I still have the Orions on.

These are top notch gloves - well designed and excellent quality!

Later.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy