User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #1531
Braunry
gravel grinder

Oddometer: 123
Dennis,
Received the Dirts last week. Rode around in them and am very satisfied with the fit and dexterity. Fitted a more aggressive tire to the bike and had been thoroughly enjoying the red clay Hawaiian firmament. I had a mysterious no start issue develop after an off pavement ride, and was in the process of pin pointing it when my key was stolen from my ignition in broad daylight! Now the bike really won't start! Suspecting the thief would return, I took the battery out of the bike and locked it up. Sure enough, the next morning, I found a battery sticking out of the battery box! Now I have to spring for a new ignition, gas cap and seat lock.
Braunry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #1532
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,460
Wow, who would have thought something like this could happen in paradise? Good call on taking the battery out

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunry View Post
Dennis,
Received the Dirts last week. Rode around in them and am very satisfied with the fit and dexterity. Fitted a more aggressive tire to the bike and had been thoroughly enjoying the red clay Hawaiian firmament. I had a mysterious no start issue develop after an off pavement ride, and was in the process of pin pointing it when my key was stolen from my ignition in broad daylight! Now the bike really won't start! Suspecting the thief would return, I took the battery out of the bike and locked it up. Sure enough, the next morning, I found a battery sticking out of the battery box! Now I have to spring for a new ignition, gas cap and seat lock.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #1533
sportmotogear
Mr. Fancy Pants

Oddometer: 329
? on Boots

D,

? I am interested in a pair the Rev'it boots but have experienced issues with boots that zip on the side due to a high arch. I normally where a 42 or 43. Any suggestions or comments?
sportmotogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #1534
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Let me get this straight - do you heed a boot with high arch? Both RIVAL and APACHE boots are very roomy inside and usually it's people with extremely skinny feet who cannot fit in them right.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmotogear View Post
D,

? I am interested in a pair the Rev'it boots but have experienced issues with boots that zip on the side due to a high arch. I normally where a 42 or 43. Any suggestions or comments?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #1535
sportmotogear
Mr. Fancy Pants

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
Let me get this straight - do you heed a boot with high arch? Both RIVAL and APACHE boots are very roomy inside and usually it's people with extremely skinny feet who cannot fit in them right.

D.
Yes, typically I cannot get a side zip boot to zip past may ankle due to the arch in my foot. I usually need lace boots when I can find them and after 10 years my Techniks are looking pretty raggy.

No skinny feet here. Short and wide.
sportmotogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #1536
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

APACHE is your best bet then. I have them and they have plenty of room in the arch. Cheers,

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmotogear View Post
Yes, typically I cannot get a side zip boot to zip past may ankle due to the arch in my foot. I usually need lace boots when I can find them and after 10 years my Techniks are looking pretty raggy.

No skinny feet here. Short and wide.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #1537
Alarm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Hello there,

this question may have been asked several times, but i frankly talking i cannot look all 100 pages to locate my answer.

The problem in that case is that i find like 4-5 different winter Revit gloves and dont know which fit to my conditions. Those that i am more into are the Kelvin.

The temperatures that i will mainly use them are 5-15celcius .

Can we please put in a row the below gloves from warmest to less warm ?
1. Kelvin
2. Capri
3. Unix
4. Tempest (although those look too bulky)

I dont want to exaggerate and act like i would drive in -20c , but my IXS "winter" gloves are not enough when talking about 10c temperatures.

Thank you in advance.
Alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #1538
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Ararm,

That's an easy one:

1. KELVIN and TEMPEST - the warmest two in your list. TEMPEST actually feels thinner but it's being discontinued so availability is extremely limited.

2. BASTION, ALASKA AND ORION - these 3 are almost as warm as the gloves above. Gore-Tex liner is a definite bonus if you want guaranteed waterproofness. My favorite thing about Gore gloves is that the liner actually stays in even if your hands are slightly damp.

3. ZOOM. Entry level glove that works great for $99 but not as great as higher priced REV'IT! gloves.

4. UNIX is discontinued and CAPRI was never available on US market

Keep in mind that you can get the warmest ski glove in the world and your hands can still get cold at 10c due to numerous factors - wind chill, speed, time, your heck, boots etc. You must make sure every part of your body is protected from cold. Cheers,

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
Hello there,

this question may have been asked several times, but i frankly talking i cannot look all 100 pages to locate my answer.

The problem in that case is that i find like 4-5 different winter Revit gloves and dont know which fit to my conditions. Those that i am more into are the Kelvin.

The temperatures that i will mainly use them are 5-15celcius .

Can we please put in a row the below gloves from warmest to less warm ?
1. Kelvin
2. Capri
3. Unix
4. Tempest (although those look too bulky)

I dont want to exaggerate and act like i would drive in -20c , but my IXS "winter" gloves are not enough when talking about 10c temperatures.

Thank you in advance.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #1539
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,180
Any suggestions for gloves that would work well with the cuffs on the Sand jacket?
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #1540
Alarm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Well i suppose that Kelvin are waterproof as well (compared to the mid range gloves that have gore text) . Arent they ?
Alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #1541
Meltdown
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Oddometer: 1,738
I had a set of Sand gear and I used the Jerez gloves. Still have the gloves (I sold the Sand gear to another inmate here). They are WAY overbuilt, very tough, and comfortable.

http://www.beachmoto.com/revit/gloves/jerez.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by igormortis View Post
Any suggestions for gloves that would work well with the cuffs on the Sand jacket?

Join us! The Central Florida Tag-o-Rama
Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #1542
ovenking
Unfloppable

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Not sure if you're looking for an under cuff or gauntlet style glove, but in my case I use the Comet gloves with my Sands and they work really well.
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #1543
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Good news is that thanks to SAND sleeve design you can use pretty much any gloves with it. I prefer using COMET for Adventure riding in warm weather, DIRT for regular street riding and ALASKA GTX for cold rainy days.

D.

Quote:

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #1544
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Yes they are. I just like the fact that all Gore-Tex gloves come with "Guaranteed to keep you dry" warranty, so if they ever fail to stay waterproof, they will be replaced by Gore regardless of when you purchased them.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
Well i suppose that Kelvin are waterproof as well (compared to the mid range gloves that have gore text) . Arent they ?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #1545
hoffy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Question Are the snaps replacable?

I bought a Cayenne Pro and in a git off(which broke my left arm), the right inside snap on the supposed waterproof pocket will not work. I say supposed because it looks to me like the rubber zipper protectors used on the bottom pockets should have been used on the top pockets, which have the membrane. I had a cayenne (which paramedics cut off me last year, not a good year) that IIRC had better waterproof pockets. I bought it elsewhere, but did not know about you. I am thinking about either Cayenne Pro pants or Turbines, but will have to wait till after the holidays. I will probably try to glue some velcro on, the sticky stuff lasts about a week to a month, depending on rain and sweat. The new lining is awesome by the way, this is my three season jacket, and I have worn it down to mid 20s F ok, couldn't do that with the last one. Good luck with the shop, I used to work in a specialty retail shop and know it is not easy.
hoffy is offline   Reply With Quote