Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #1546
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,473
Are you talking about the metal snap on the pocket? Was it damaged in a crash? Depending on circumstances this could be a warranty issue. How old is the jacket? Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
I bought a Cayenne Pro and in a git off(which broke my left arm), the right inside snap on the supposed waterproof pocket will not work. I say supposed because it looks to me like the rubber zipper protectors used on the bottom pockets should have been used on the top pockets, which have the membrane. I had a cayenne (which paramedics cut off me last year, not a good year) that IIRC had better waterproof pockets. I bought it elsewhere, but did not know about you. I am thinking about either Cayenne Pro pants or Turbines, but will have to wait till after the holidays. I will probably try to glue some velcro on, the sticky stuff lasts about a week to a month, depending on rain and sweat. The new lining is awesome by the way, this is my three season jacket, and I have worn it down to mid 20s F ok, couldn't do that with the last one. Good luck with the shop, I used to work in a specialty retail shop and know it is not easy.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #1547
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Folks,

I'm heading to Long Beach Motorcycle show this afternoon. If you see me there, make sure you say hi Have a great weekend,

Dennis

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #1548
AdventureGoddess
Amateur Badassery

Oddometer: 123
Nicomama and I missed you! I hope you talked to Joann Donn with GearChic. She endorses Rev'It products and would probably post your Beach Moto deets on her site. You should have come! Not much Rev'It representation or clothing at all at the show.
I rode a solo lap around South America on a tiny Honda. I've also ridden through Northern India, Nepal, and Bhutan on a Royal Enfield, and through Rajasthan on a Triumph Bonneville. You can read and hear more about that on my podcast @ http://moterrific.com.
AdventureGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #1549
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I stopped by your booth on Saturday afternoon and GearChic was busy talking to someone. It did feel really awkward hanging around there, other females in the vicinity were giving me strange looks So I guess you have to stop by the store now

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureGoddess View Post
Nicomama and I missed you! I hope you talked to Joann Donn with GearChic. She endorses Rev'It products and would probably post your Beach Moto deets on her site. You should have come! Not much Rev'It representation or clothing at all at the show.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #1550
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I'm still on the fence about opening tomorrow. Perhaps for half a day?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #1551
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Just wanted to wish you all Merry Christmas

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #1552
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Rev'it gear rocks!

Dennis:

Here's a pic of me wearing my Rev'it gear on my little KLX250SF. In case you can't tell, I'm wearing the Ignition jacket, Legacy pants, and the Orion gloves. It's a balmy 48 degrees today so we went on a long ride to the local park.

I hope Santa was good to you and your family. Happy Holidays!

JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #1553
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Nice Sumo :) I'm afraid your outfit will have to change soon :) Check this out. Happy New Years to you too.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing View Post
Dennis:

Here's a pic of me wearing my Rev'it gear on my little KLX250SF. In case you can't tell, I'm wearing the Ignition jacket, Legacy pants, and the Orion gloves. It's a balmy 48 degrees today so we went on a long ride to the local park.

I hope Santa was good to you and your family. Happy Holidays!

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-31-2010, 05:37 AM   #1554
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
The Ventura still has a removable liner....this makes the jacket of little interest to us as we are not into liners anymore...why can't Rev'It just make a jacket for women with the same exact features as the guy jacket? The new Everest jacket for instance...waterproof outside in...?

soph9 screwed with this post 12-31-2010 at 08:10 AM
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:05 AM   #1555
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

I only have one question...

when is the Ventura available (your web page doesn't say "preorder")???

OK, I actually have a second question. How is the sizing? I am wearing 38 in the Ignition and Turbine. Ignition is a little big in the chest (without thermal vest which is too hot) but fits great everywhere else and the Turbine is a perfect fit now that I've "downsized". Current measurements are 33" chest/bust, 27" waist. Should I stay with a Size 38?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #1556
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Well, let's wait and see. If EVEREST jacket is a success, REV'IT! may build female version of it, you never know.

Any jacket with waterproof liner built into the shell is definitely better for rainy climates, however with large majority of riders using their jackets in intermediate / hot conditions removable liners are way to go. Even with fancy Gore-Tex Lockout vents EVEREST will never be as breathable as VENTURA with all vents open. Just ask any Klim suit owners. I would rather deal with the liner a couple times a week / month than suffocate every day of the summer.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
The Ventura still has a removable liner....this makes the jacket of little interest to us as we are not into liners anymore...why can't Rev'It just make a jacket for women with the same exact features as the guy jacket? The new Everest jacket for instance...waterproof outside in...?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #1557
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Lisa,

Nobody really knows what the sizing is going to be like and all the samples I have seen are pre-production so I cannot trust them. When first batch comes in first week of February we will know for sure. I suspect you will need size 36 if it's sized anything like the SIREN. What is your favorite color?

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing View Post
when is the Ventura available (your web page doesn't say "preorder")???

OK, I actually have a second question. How is the sizing? I am wearing 38 in the Ignition and Turbine. Ignition is a little big in the chest (without thermal vest which is too hot) but fits great everywhere else and the Turbine is a perfect fit now that I've "downsized". Current measurements are 33" chest/bust, 27" waist. Should I stay with a Size 38?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #1558
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Silver/Black!

OK, I guess we will just have to wait until then. The mornings are still cold here in February so I will be your tester. (Thank God we're not stuck with pink or baby blue colors - yuck!) Personally I like the lighter colors as theoretically it's cooler in the summer and it makes me just a bit more visible during my early morning or late evening commutes.

Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
Lisa,

Nobody really knows what the sizing is going to be like and all the samples I have seen are pre-production so I cannot trust them. When first batch comes in first week of February we will know for sure. I suspect you will need size 36 if it's sized anything like the SIREN. What is your favorite color?

Dennis
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #1559
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
that's the beauty of having options...different strokes for different folks. My cayenne Pro though have to say is really looking weathered after only using it for one season....hard to make it look clean being the light coloured arms. But in the end this new jacket I am sure will make a lot of women happy. We are just watching the market to see who comes out with the suit of our "dreams" first.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #1560
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Different strokes for different folks for sure. Keep waiting and eventually your "dream" jacket will come out.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
that's the beauty of having options...different strokes for different folks. My cayenne Pro though have to say is really looking weathered after only using it for one season....hard to make it look clean being the light coloured arms. But in the end this new jacket I am sure will make a lot of women happy. We are just watching the market to see who comes out with the suit of our "dreams" first.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy