User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #151
tracksuit hobo
loose in the saddle

Oddometer: 2
Dennis Rocks!

Due to a hectic work schedule, I end up buying tons of stuff online. Even after using size charts, reviews, and forums - It's still a guessing game. Dennis is located a couple miles south from my office, so I dropped by on my lunch hour.

I was planning to get some XL Ultimate model pants on closeout. I tried on three different sets of pants, with/without the liners installed, and while sitting on the 690. I ended up with a completely different item (Dakar in Large) and size than what i would have ordered somewhere else online.

It was great to get that kind of personalized fit and service, and his knowledge and applicable experience with the product line was very helpful.

So far so good with the pants!

- John
tracksuit hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #152
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksuit hobo
Dennis Rocks!

Due to a hectic work schedule, I end up buying tons of stuff online. Even after using size charts, reviews, and forums - It's still a guessing game. Dennis is located a couple miles south from my office, so I dropped by on my lunch hour.

I was planning to get some XL Ultimate model pants on closeout. I tried on three different sets of pants, with/without the liners installed, and while sitting on the 690. I ended up with a completely different item (Dakar in Large) and size than what i would have ordered somewhere else online.

It was great to get that kind of personalized fit and service, and his knowledge and applicable experience with the product line was very helpful.

So far so good with the pants!

- John
John...you enjoyed Dennis' help live and in person...I only had the pleasure onilne and over the phone...but as with that alone, I am very pleased with his service...put the order in today for a jacket and am looking at expanding my REVIT investments...

I have to say that top notch gear is limited to find (BMW, REVIT, etc...), but the service is a MAJOR part in a decision to purchase...

Another happy customer to be (Wednesday you say )...Thanks Dennis.

Cheers,
Nadim
Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #153
thinkFuture
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Thumb Just ordered . . .

Just ordered an Offtrack Jacket with KNOX back protector from Dennis. Before I did I pm'd him about a sizing question and was surprised to see that within an hour I had a response already - really great service!

Thanks again, Dennis.
thinkFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #154
nostatic
i drank what?!?

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkFuture
Just ordered an Offtrack Jacket with KNOX back protector from Dennis. Before I did I pm'd him about a sizing question and was surprised to see that within an hour I had a response already - really great service!

Thanks again, Dennis.
You will love the jacket. One of my very few "regret-free" purchases. Today it hit 100F and I remained fairly comfortable (as long as I was moving). Not quite as cool as my Rev'it Air mesh, but certainly tolerable. I'll get to check the cold weather performance weekend after next on a trip to Big Bear - should be down into the 30's at night there.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #155
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,394
Another thumbs up, I PM'd with a few questions and got a prompt response. I will be ordering from him soon. Thanks
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #156
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,451
OK boys and girls,

I just heard the news about the price increase, everything has gone up at least 5% (some items were affected more than others). I will still sell at old pricing for now, however as my cost went up I'm not sure for how long I'll be able do do so. It could've been worse as I hear some brands went up as much as 20% (including BMW gear)

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #157
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
Glad I got my REVIT yesterday...wore it today...looks good (priority #1 ), felt warm, and felt safe...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #158
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Good to hear you're enjoying your SHADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino
Glad I got my REVIT yesterday...wore it today...looks good (priority #1 ), felt warm, and felt safe...

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #159
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Just a quick note, I will be closed on MONDAY (observing Columbus day ) , will be testing my new CAYENNE PRO gear in Baja So do not be offended if your PM's go unanswered until Tuesday. Cheers,

Dennis

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #160
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,846
Rev'It Dakar Pants

I recieved my Rev'It brand Dakar pants today from Dennis @
Beach Moto.
I had called late friday and after a quick discusion about my
size and the color I wanted it was a done deal. Dennis said
it was late and that it would go out on Monday.Well here it
is on Tuesday, in my hands.Quite possibly the most trouble free
phone purchase I have ever made. THe fit seems spot on so
I am going for a little afternoon ride to check out the feel and
useability and hopefully not the protection.
Thanks Dennis
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #161
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 3,734
Dennis,
Received my Ignition jacket today. It fits great although it is a little big in the gut area but I guess that's the price I pay for being a lean, mean, athletic machine. A smaller size would not work. I can see this as being a very versatile jacket and it really is nice looking. Thanks for answering all my questions and let me know when that other item shows up.
-Eric
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #162
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer
Dennis,
Received my Ignition jacket today. It fits great although it is a little big in the gut area but I guess that's the price I pay for being a lean, mean, athletic machine. A smaller size would not work. I can see this as being a very versatile jacket and it really is nice looking. Thanks for answering all my questions and let me know when that other item shows up.
-Eric
Yeah, this mirrors my fit experience with the Cayenne Pro I purchased from Dennis. Fits great in my broad shoulders and back, but a little too big in the midsection. Dennis counseled me to go with the XL, and I am glad that I did. If I went with a large the midsection would be okay but the sleeves would be too short and shoulders too tight. I considered the sleeve length and shoulder sizing as a good trade-off for having a little "extra" at the tummy. I was impressed that Dennis was able to fit me so well over two PMs. He knows his product.
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #163
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Guys,

This extra material is simply a safety cushion so you don't have to buy new jacket in case you grow a little gut Beer drinking is safe now

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #164
nostatic
i drank what?!?

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer
Dennis,
-Eric
I have an Ignition and it is the same story. But I tried almost every other jacket out there and it was the closest to being "right" for me - less slop than the rest through the gut and chest. It is a great jacket and I've been happy with mine. Got the g/f one as well. I'll likely end up using my new Off-Track more this winter and on trips but the Ignition beats it on looks and taking more abuse.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #165
RichK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
I bought my Rev'it gear (Cayenne Jacket and pants) through Dennis a month or so ago.

I can honestly tell you it has been one of the best purchase experiences I've ever had. The gear is incredible, no doubt about it. But what makes it even better is the store behind it. Dennis was great with me, as well as many I see here. He's on top of the product, the fitting, and does his best to make his customers happy. With his attitude, I fully expect to see him make it, even in the challenging times ahead. Let's help him when we can.

The jacket and pants continue to impress me every time I wear them. What I wanted was protection - I can stand the heat as a trade for protection. Even still, the Cayenne seems to vent very well, even in So Cal - I was expecting much worse - I do have all the liners out right now. The pants are excellent too. They fit incredibly well, and I feel safe -which was the point of spending the money.

I recently saw that he bought a jacket back from someone who bought it elsewhere just to help the guy get sized right. I wonder how come the original shop didn't do it? When I buy gear in the future I'm going to give Dennis my business. He deserves it.

Dennis - Thanks much, and keep up the great work!

Rich