Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #1651
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Oh, one more thing about the Tornado pants. I see they are intended to be able to be worn as over-pants. Are they baggy when there is no liner or pants underneath? I won't typically be wearing pants underneath but do like having a liner available, like the Mistrals had. Are there other pants I should be considering that have lots of venting in the summer and also have a liner? Thanks.
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #1652
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,489
Hi,

I believe new TORNADO pants will breath a little better than MISTRAL. I have no idea how exactly they fit, they are supposed to show up any day now. I will post my impressions on fit once I try them on.

I do not think extra insulation layer attached to waterproof liner will present any issue. It's not nearly as thick as SAND thermal liner and if anything it will help to prevent cold feeling coming from waterproof liner when the outer shell gets wet.

I do not think TORNADO pant is designed as overpant. Even though they have long zippers on the side, they are cut to be worn over underwear.

Keep an eye on this thread or better yet find Beach Moto and Facebook and become a fan, I will post my impressions once I try them on. Cheers,

Dennis

QUOTE=Avocet;15337081]Oh, one more thing about the Tornado pants. I see they are intended to be able to be worn as over-pants. Are they baggy when there is no liner or pants underneath? I won't typically be wearing pants underneath but do like having a liner available, like the Mistrals had. Are there other pants I should be considering that have lots of venting in the summer and also have a liner? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #1653
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

So what size were you thinking? PM me if you want so we can find the best solution for you. Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster Grrl View Post
Thanks for checking.
I have a 29.5 inch inseam. Not sure what I'll do. If the knee pads are height adjustable I may go with the regular and move them up.

lg

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #1654
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
I didn't realize you haven't seen the Tornados yet. Ill keep an eye here to see what you think of them when they show up. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodisiac View Post
hi,

i believe new tornado pants will breath a little better than mistral. I have no idea how exactly they fit, they are supposed to show up any day now. I will post my impressions on fit once i try them on.

I do not think extra insulation layer attached to waterproof liner will present any issue. It's not nearly as thick as sand thermal liner and if anything it will help to prevent cold feeling coming from waterproof liner when the outer shell gets wet.

I do not think tornado pant is designed as overpant. Even though they have long zippers on the side, they are cut to be worn over underwear.

Keep an eye on this thread or better yet find beach moto and facebook and become a fan, i will post my impressions once i try them on. Cheers,

dennis

quote=avocet;15337081]oh, one more thing about the tornado pants. I see they are intended to be able to be worn as over-pants. Are they baggy when there is no liner or pants underneath? I won't typically be wearing pants underneath but do like having a liner available, like the mistrals had. Are there other pants i should be considering that have lots of venting in the summer and also have a liner? Thanks.
[/quote]

Avocet screwed with this post 03-04-2011 at 05:20 PM Reason: I didn't realize you haven't seen the Tornado's yet. I'll keep an ee here to see what you think of them once they show up. Th
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #1655
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Great review, check order

Dennis:

I just finished reading your review for the hundredth time. Thanks for the pics of the jacket collar and sleeve vents - very informative. Ordered Size 36 since you said that this jacket runs a little looser than typical Rev'it gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post

For those interested in versatility, VENTURA is still way to go. I just posted short review at www.motodisiac.com, check it out.

D.
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #1656
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I have seen them. The issue with the sample I had a chance to try on (the same was used in Revzilla infomercial you most likely saw) is that pre-production samples often fit completely different. So I would never say with authority how exactly they are going to fit unless I try production model (coming to me tomorrow) Stay tuned.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
I didn't realize you haven't seen the Tornados yet. Ill keep an eye here to see what you think of them when they show up. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #1657
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

A couple of updates:

We just implemented Live Help on our website. Now you can initiate chat with one click every time you have a question. Much faster than e-mailing!

We just received a batch of 2011 gloves - SUMMIT, SUMMIT H20, PHANTOM Gore-Tex and CURB.

TORNADO jackets and pants are on the way here, waiting for UPS to deliver them possibly tomorrow

EVEREST Gore-Tex jacket is now available.

I'm so excited about all these new products

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #1658
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

REV'IT!'s vision of VENTURA and TORNADO suits.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy

Motodisiac screwed with this post 03-09-2011 at 08:03 PM
Old 03-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #1659
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
I like the pockets on the mens pants. Seem like a better set up than the slit pockets. Just wondering how deep they are. Any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
REV'IT!'s vision of VENTURA and TORNADO suits.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #1660
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
just received the Ladies Ventura jacket...

and I am really impressed! As a commuter I really appreciate all of the reflective bits on the shoulder (where the removable collar attaches), the horizontal band on the lower back, and the white background on the Rev'it logo on the sides of the upper arm - they all light up very nicely with just a flashlight. Since I'm back to commuting in the dark thanks to Daylight Savings Time, all of the reflective bits will really help my visibility.

The material has a really nice feel. It feels pretty sturdy without feeling crunchy or stiff. It looks like Rev'it improved the sturdiness of their waterproof liner too. I've heard that some folks have torn it while pulling too hard on the snaps, but this liner is much stouter.

My favorite feature though has to be the long zippers on the sleeves which will make putting on gloves much easier (I like to tuck mine inside the sleeves) and they also function as vents.

Last but not least, the fit is spot on. I hope to get a ride in tomorrow or Sunday - I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks Dennis!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #1661
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Well, as always I'm happy to hear about proper fit. Can you please post little review with pictures once you ride in it?

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing View Post
and I am really impressed! As a commuter I really appreciate all of the reflective bits on the shoulder (where the removable collar attaches), the horizontal band on the lower back, and the white background on the Rev'it logo on the sides of the upper arm - they all light up very nicely with just a flashlight. Since I'm back to commuting in the dark thanks to Daylight Savings Time, all of the reflective bits will really help my visibility.

The material has a really nice feel. It feels pretty sturdy without feeling crunchy or stiff. It looks like Rev'it improved the sturdiness of their waterproof liner too. I've heard that some folks have torn it while pulling too hard on the snaps, but this liner is much stouter.

My favorite feature though has to be the long zippers on the sleeves which will make putting on gloves much easier (I like to tuck mine inside the sleeves) and they also function as vents.

Last but not least, the fit is spot on. I hope to get a ride in tomorrow or Sunday - I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks Dennis!

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #1662
the octopus
The Chef

Oddometer: 107
Dropped by the shop yesterday and picked up a Sand jacket and pants. Only had 30 minutes to try everything on and walk out the door with the new purchase. Dennis made sure that happened.

Couldn't have been better.

Thanks Dennis!
the octopus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #1663
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

You are welcome. You are probably already riding around in your new gear

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
Dropped by the shop yesterday and picked up a Sand jacket and pants. Only had 30 minutes to try everything on and walk out the door with the new purchase. Dennis made sure that happened.

Couldn't have been better.

Thanks Dennis!

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #1664
924sas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
dropped in today - on my way to LAX to fly home to vienna ...

first class service - got the gloves i was looking for - many thx!

(what a sight - me driving down the road in a car and breaking them in already)
924sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #1665
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

It was nice to meet you yesterday. Whatever you do, do not wear those gloves on the plane if you want to make it to Vienna

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924sas View Post
dropped in today - on my way to LAX to fly home to vienna ...

first class service - got the gloves i was looking for - many thx!

(what a sight - me driving down the road in a car and breaking them in already)

CRF450X - Dirt Toy