ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #1726
MCP
Studly Adventurer
 
MCP's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: The Caribbean & Nanaimo, B.C.
Oddometer: 566
Washing Defender Pants

Sorry for being lazy, I didn't take the time to scan this thread, and I looked via "search" - no luck.

Can I just take out the pads, and wash in cold water detergent on gentle cycle.

I have no nikiwax available here and don't know if thats a good or bad idea.

Don't know why there aren't washing instructions on these considering the dinero it costs to buy them?

thanks
MCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #1727
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer
 
cognosticator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Rincon, GA
Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
First hot day today, and I have been out testing my new TORNADO jacket and pants
Are the tornado pants designed as an overpant or riding pant.

Woud the tornado pant be a good match for the Phoenix jacket?

Thanks
__________________
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2011 Triumph Speed Triple
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #1728
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 2,083
tornado vs turbine?
__________________
Alan
2011 KTM RC8R
2012 BMW S1000RR
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #1729
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,489
The method you described would work if you have front loading washer. Do not worry about Nikwax because it's the inner liner that is waterproof.

I prefer hand washing, it's much more efficient than delicate cycle. You can see where the bugs are and rub the specific area. Hang dry. Hope this helps.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP View Post
Sorry for being lazy, I didn't take the time to scan this thread, and I looked via "search" - no luck.

Can I just take out the pads, and wash in cold water detergent on gentle cycle.

I have no nikiwax available here and don't know if thats a good or bad idea.

Don't know why there aren't washing instructions on these considering the dinero it costs to buy them?

thanks
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #1730
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,489
Because TORNADO pants have zippers on the inside leg that go all the way up to the crotch, you could use them as overpants, especially if the thermal.waterproof liner is out.

The best match to PHOENIX would be REV'IT!GEAR Pants. They will match your jacket in ventilation, protection and looks. TORNADO would work, but obviously it's not the best match.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cognosticator View Post
Are the tornado pants designed as an overpant or riding pant.

Woud the tornado pant be a good match for the Phoenix jacket?

Thanks
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #1731
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,489
As you know I've had the TURBINE and just got the TORNADO. Ventilation is no contest, TORNADO vents about 10x more than the TURBINE. Construction and overall feel of the TORNADO is not as beefy as the TURBINE, but still very substantial by my standards (especially for mesh summer jacket) Pants will not scratch your bike. Sorry about it, you have to upgrade :)

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d View Post
tornado vs turbine?
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #1732
MrCheeky
Adventurer
 
MrCheeky's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP View Post
Sorry for being lazy, I didn't take the time to scan this thread, and I looked via "search" - no luck.

Can I just take out the pads, and wash in cold water detergent on gentle cycle.

I have no nikiwax available here and don't know if thats a good or bad idea.

Don't know why there aren't washing instructions on these considering the dinero it costs to buy them?

thanks
I just returned from a 4,500km trip through NorCal and I have a Rev'It Defender GTX jacket/pant combo that is in dire need of a cleaning. So I had a look and the washing instructions provided on the gear by Rev'It states that they can be washed in warm water, gentle cycle and they also recommend a dryer on low heat.

Of course the protective pads and gore-tex/thermal liners will be removed before placing them in my front loading washer.

There is cleaning info on the Revzilla site as well as the Gore-Tex site.

As an aside, the gear performed fabulously on the trip. I had rain and heat ranging from 42 to 102 F and the gear kept me protected and comfortable.
MrCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #1733
Joe?
...
 
Joe?'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Boston
Oddometer: 682
Which size SAS-TEC back armor fits in the Air jacket? XL, specifically.

Thanks,

Joe?
Joe? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #1734
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,489
Joe,

You will have to modify SAS TEC to make it fit in AIR jacket. Luckily it's extremely easy if you have sharp razor blade. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe? View Post
Which size SAS-TEC back armor fits in the Air jacket? XL, specifically.

Thanks,

Joe?
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #1735
funsummer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
funsummer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Perth. Australia
Oddometer: 100
Wicked Phantom gloves

Hi, Dennis.
Question about gloves.
Have the comets witch are a fantastic fitting and designed gloves.
i carry a set of moto-x gloves for when it gets hot.
Now would like a pair of gloves for the days the comets are just a little to cold.
Basically looking for a pair of comets with longer wrist and no airflow/better rain protection.
Would the phantom gloves fit this bill?
I prefer slim gloves to bulky style mit gloves.
Sand Gear is Fantastic. Little warm for Australian conditions but very comfortable.

Rgds
Joel Reynolds
funsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #1736
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,489
Joel, you have fine taste - PHANTOM GTX are the best waterproof gloves in REV'IT! lineup :) I particularly like them because they feel very thin and the liner is not loose inside. They do run about 1/4 size bigger than the COMET gloves you have. Not to mention lifetime Gore-Tex warranty. Cheers,

D.

P.S. Happy 4th of July everybody!


Quote:
Originally Posted by funsummer View Post
Hi, Dennis.
Question about gloves.
Have the comets witch are a fantastic fitting and designed gloves.
i carry a set of moto-x gloves for when it gets hot.
Now would like a pair of gloves for the days the comets are just a little to cold.
Basically looking for a pair of comets with longer wrist and no airflow/better rain protection.
Would the phantom gloves fit this bill?
I prefer slim gloves to bulky style mit gloves.
Sand Gear is Fantastic. Little warm for Australian conditions but very comfortable.

Rgds
Joel Reynolds
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #1737
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,808
Dennis...see this thread and let me know what Revit product you think would work:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701620

If you have something...I may come check out the store in Philly.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #1738
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,489
What you are looking for doesn't really exist, it's a pipe dream for every motorcyclist I know. Considering you want mostly summer pants, I would recommend TORNADO. They ventilate better than anything I have tried, and come with waterproof liner. Protection level is not quite up to leather standards, but they will protect you in case of a misshap.

I see some people recommended Motoport stuff. It's unbelievable when it comes to protection, but so is 1" thick steel. I have yet to see any Motoport gear that fits well. If Wayne hires a designer and will have his products manufactured to modern clothing standards, he will make good $$. For now it looks like it's manufactured by the caveman.

By the way the Alpinestars Drystar pants you are looking at have ZERO ventilation, you will suffocate in them.


D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Dennis...see this thread and let me know what Revit product you think would work:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701620

If you have something...I may come check out the store in Philly.
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:12 AM   #1739
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
What you are looking for doesn't really exist, it's a pipe dream for every motorcyclist I know. Considering you want mostly summer pants, I would recommend TORNADO. They ventilate better than anything I have tried, and come with waterproof liner. Protection level is not quite up to leather standards, but they will protect you in case of a misshap.

I see some people recommended Motoport stuff. It's unbelievable when it comes to protection, but so is 1" thick steel. I have yet to see any Motoport gear that fits well. If Wayne hires a designer and will have his products manufactured to modern clothing standards, he will make good $$. For now it looks like it's manufactured by the caveman.

By the way the Alpinestars Drystar pants you are looking at have ZERO ventilation, you will suffocate in them.


D.
Thanks. I have been checking out the site and the Sand and/or Factor pants have peaked my interest. I'll have to back and check out the Tornado pants.

You have Saturday hrs at the Philly store??
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #1740
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,489
My store is in California, you are confusing me with a competitor - Revzilla.

SAND pants are pretty good choice for all around use, FACTOR is being discontinued so it's not an option. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Thanks. I have been checking out the site and the Sand and/or Factor pants have peaked my interest. I'll have to back and check out the Tornado pants.

You have Saturday hrs at the Philly store??
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014