Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #166
nostatic
i drank what?!?

Oddometer: 409
I'll write up a full report on my new Off-Track jacket and Dakar pants after a week or two of commuting with the jacket and now a weekend 2-up tour from LA to Big Bear and back. The bottom line is this stuff is damn near perfect - and I' really picky about my gear. And of course Dennis provided the service so I could get everything in time for the trip (pre b/day celebration for the g/f). Stuff rocks. When we got home sunday, despite my having a gig to play in a few hours, we both decided we weren't done on the bike yet and headed down to the coast to catch sunset. Love the bike, love the gear..

Old 10-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #167
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,461
Infinity suit details

I finally got some details on this soon to be here suit so I thought I would share it with fellow ADV riders

First of all, here is the picture of the revised suit:

As it turns out, the biggest reason for the delay was the waterproof zipper. After the first production batch of the suits was completed, it turned out the the zippers weren't quite as waterproof. So the whole run was scrapped and new zipper supplier had to be found. But since the production window was lost they had to wait for their turn. Now, it should arrive on US soil around Nov 15th. We finally get something before the rest of the world

So here are the details I have:

Zippers

The suit has two main waterproof zippers, one runs the length of the whole body and one the length of the right leg. They are made by German company TIZIP, each MasterSeal zipper is tested at 500 mbar. So it looks like waterproofing should be great.

Armor

The suit comes with SAS TEC protection all around. Just like CAYENNE PRO, it has CE approved knee pads, shoulder and elbow pads. It also comes with CE2 approved back protector and SAS TEC hip protectors. It doesn't get any better than this.

Ventilation

Two vents on the chest and two on the back.

Visibility

Reflective panels on the lower leg, arms and back. Silver one is of course more visible during the day.

Material

The whole suit is made from Schoeller FTC Dynatec 3-layer with Schoeller NanoSphere. The choice of materials is one of the best things about this suit. This 'magic" Schoeller will shed dust and water, keeping itself dry and clean. The suit doesn't have any removable liners like CAYENNE PRO, so it's truly an oversuit, you can just throw it over your daily clothes and ride. Did I mention it it fully waterproof? The fabric is designed to open when hot and to close when cold keeping your temperature optimal. It will have special opening for heated vest cord. To ensure extra comfort the suit has stretch panels at the knees, back and elbows.

I will be getting more than 10 of these in various sizes and one for myself so I can provide you with closer details and real life testing. I'm running pre-order special right now, the price of the suit will increase to $1299 very soon. PM me for details Now let's get back to the waiting game.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #168
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
I haven't been following that suit much, except for the production delays.

Is there any SuperFabric on it? Makes me a little nervous about the future of that material when it's only on a few select pieces.
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #169
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

No Superfabric on this one as far as I know. Do not worry, there are few new items in 2009 collection that will feature Superfabric, including new gloves, jacket and pants

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 10-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #170
motorzen
Internet Antagonist

Oddometer: 114
Woot!

Sent a PM.

I didn't realize when they named this suit, that they meant how long we'd have to wait for it!
motorzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #171
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
I finally got some details on this soon to be here suit so I thought I would share it with fellow ADV riders

As it turns out, the biggest reason for the delay was the waterproof zipper. After the first production batch of the suits was completed, it turned out the the zippers weren't quite as waterproof. So the whole run was scrapped and new zipper supplier had to be found. But since the production window was lost they had to wait for their turn. Now, it should arrive on US soil around Nov 15th. We finally get something before the rest of the world

Zippers

The suit has two main waterproof zippers, one runs the length of the whole body and one the length of the right leg. They are made by German company TIZIP, each MasterSeal zipper is tested at 500 mbar. So it looks like waterproofing should be great.

Armor

The suit comes with SAS TEC protection all around. Just like CAYENNE PRO, it has CE approved knee pads, shoulder and elbow pads. It also comes with CE2 approved back protector and SAS TEC hip protectors. It doesn't get any better than this.

Ventilation

Visibility

Reflective panels on the lower leg, arms and back. Silver one is of course more visible during the day.

Material

The whole suit is made from Schoeller FTC Dynatec 3-layer with Schoeller NanoSphere. The choice of materials is one of the best things about this suit. This 'magic" Schoeller will shed dust and water, keeping itself dry and clean. The suit doesn't have any removable liners like CAYENNE PRO, so it's truly an oversuit, you can just throw it over your daily clothes and ride. Did I mention it it fully waterproof? The fabric is designed to open when hot and to close when cold keeping your temperature optimal. It will have special opening for heated vest cord. To ensure extra comfort the suit has stretch panels at the knees, back and elbows.

I will be getting more than 10 of these in various sizes and one for myself so I can provide you with closer details and real life testing. I'm running pre-order special right now, the price of the suit will increase to $1299 very soon. PM me for details Now let's get back to the waiting game.
You gonna do an in depth review?
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #172
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

You bet. As soon as I SEE it

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
You gonna do an in depth review?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 10-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #173
SwedishViking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
saw it and tried it on.

I had a chance to try this suit on and check the detailing of it (a revit salesman happened to be at my dealer when I was coming in).

Zipper looks sturdy... all seams are taped and glued... I'd wish that the warranty would be longer than one year since I fear that the taping and gluing can give in over time (not uncommon for this kind of garment, and far more reputable manufacturer for outdoor and sailing gear have problems with this from time to time).

I saw it in the light beige and grey and it looked pretty good.

The MSRP is 1099, and there is a first batch of 500 suits coming to US in December (at least that is what the sales rep said).

The protective padding seems nifty. It is heat sensitive and will be come softer and mold after the body when you have it on (it seemed a bit on the firmer side and it does not seem to be as thick as what I am used to in my BMW rally 2 gear).

Overall, seems to be well thought out. However, at the end of the day I think it is pricey. If it would cost me $800-900, I would probably have ordered one right away, but at $1100 it seems a bit overpriced and I am not convinced. My Rally 2 gear is better. It is also more expensive than Aerostich who is probably easier getting in and out of. BMW is also releasing a similar suit in March 2009 for about $750 (which also should be waterproof, and not only water resistant).

Cheers, J.

Quote:

Zippers

Armor

Ventilation

Visibility

Material

SwedishViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:22 AM   #174
QuasiMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking
there is a first batch of 500 suits coming to US in December (at least that is what the sales rep said).
Wow...after a year it was "definitely this Summer", then "it's on the boat and shipping mid-October" then "probably in November". Now December?? Tahellwiffit...it's fun and all, but I can't keep playing the waiting game. 'Stitch time.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #175
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

The sample that you've seen was an early prototype with older style zipper. As I mentioned earlier in my post REV'IT! scrapped the whole batch because they felt the zipper was not waterproof enough. Guess what, that new BMW suit you're referring to is coming out with that zipper (according to the information I have) REV'IT! suit is fully waterproof, not just water resistant. You cannot really compare the price of INFINITY suit with the price of the Stitch. They are completely different suits, one is utilizing all modern technologies and the most expensive materials, the other one is very plain and simple 20 year old design. Not a fair comparison.
Speaking of price, check your PM.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking
I had a chance to try this suit on and check the detailing of it (a revit salesman happened to be at my dealer when I was coming in).

Zipper looks sturdy... all seams are taped and glued... I'd wish that the warranty would be longer than one year since I fear that the taping and gluing can give in over time (not uncommon for this kind of garment, and far more reputable manufacturer for outdoor and sailing gear have problems with this from time to time).

I saw it in the light beige and grey and it looked pretty good.

The MSRP is 1099, and there is a first batch of 500 suits coming to US in December (at least that is what the sales rep said).

The protective padding seems nifty. It is heat sensitive and will be come softer and mold after the body when you have it on (it seemed a bit on the firmer side and it does not seem to be as thick as what I am used to in my BMW rally 2 gear).

Overall, seems to be well thought out. However, at the end of the day I think it is pricey. If it would cost me $800-900, I would probably have ordered one right away, but at $1100 it seems a bit overpriced and I am not convinced. My Rally 2 gear is better. It is also more expensive than Aerostich who is probably easier getting in and out of. BMW is also releasing a similar suit in March 2009 for about $750 (which also should be waterproof, and not only water resistant).

Cheers, J.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 10-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #176
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I already explained the reason for the delay. Latest ETA that I have is November 15th. I know all this waiting is a load of c^%p but it is what it is. Your patience will be rewarded (I wasn't patient so I just bought the CAYENNE PRO for now) Cheers,

Dennis

P.S. My cat's name is QuasiMoto!

quote=QuasiMoto]Wow...after a year it was "definitely this Summer", then "it's on the boat and shipping mid-October" then "probably in November". Now December?? Tahellwiffit...it's fun and all, but I can't keep playing the waiting game. 'Stitch time.[/quote]

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 10-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #177
SwedishViking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113

Hi Dennis,

Maybe it was with the old zipper, I would not know. There were two types of zippers on it, and they were slightly different. The zipper looked pretty good to me, but that is based on my experience from sailing and regular outdoor activities... but if they found it not to be good enough, then that is what matters. After all, there is a difference in sailing at 7-10 knots vs traveling on a naked bike at 60-80mph. I do not know anything about the BMW suit zipper.

Again, I liked the Revit infinity suit in many ways, but it seemed a bit overpriced to me at $1100, and definitely so if the price jumps to $1250 or higher, and especially when I compare it to my Rally 2 gear.

Did you send me private message (PM - is that what you mean)? If you did, it never made it through.

Best, J.

Quote:
The sample that you've seen was an early prototype with older style zipper. As I mentioned earlier in my post REV'IT! scrapped the whole batch because they felt the zipper was not waterproof enough. Guess what, that new BMW suit you're referring to is coming out with that zipper (according to the information I have) REV'IT! suit is fully waterproof, not just water resistant. You cannot really compare the price of INFINITY suit with the price of the Stitch. They are completely different suits, one is utilizing all modern technologies and the most expensive materials, the other one is very plain and simple 20 year old design. Not a fair comparison.
Speaking of price, check your PM.

Dennis
SwedishViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #178
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
2 happy customers

Dennis:

I just wanted you to know that we just received the XL Rev'it Cayenne Pro jacket. I had hubby try on his jacket and it fits him very well. Another score!

Anyways, he'll get to ride it tomorrow morning in 33 degrees. He really likes the collar on this jacket and doesn't think he'll have to wear the scarf he usually does with his CycleGear jacket (I don't know if his CycleGear jacket is any better than the Frank Thomas I have!)

So keep us posted on the Rev'it gear - it really does seem to be both functional (meaning safe) and stylish - something I didn't think was possible in motorcycle gear.
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #179
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Here is what the largest REV'IT! inventory in USA looks like

Doesn't look like much but believe me, it's a lot of product. It's just hard to get it all in one shot. All paid for. Waiting for YOU

I have some gloves in stock

This is my work area where I play with bikes

Now all I need is some customers, it's been kind of slow lately.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy

Motodisiac screwed with this post 10-28-2008 at 06:09 PM
Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #180
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
Your spot looks awesome! :)

I think you should ask your customers for photos of them wearing the gear they bought, and stick 'em up next to the merch.

When shit goes sideways, you can look up and see how happy you've made all of us!
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote