Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #1816
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,491
The HORIZON is actually brand new type of a jacket and really one of a kind on the market - integrated waterproof liner AND massive vents on the chest. I believe it has never been done before and a lot of riders have been dreaming about such jacket. I will not know how well it ventilates until I try it myself, but by looking at it I think it will approach the level of CAYENNE PRO.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdaddy View Post
Well, got a glimpse of the new Revit Horizon jacket. Looks pretty cool. Just curios to know if that jacket will be replacing any particular model within the current Revit line? Thanks for any info.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #1817
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,097
Probably a dumb question, but I haven't been able to figure this out yet...

I'm looking for a pair of armored waterproof OVERpants for mostly street riding. This means they have zippers up the sides of the legs so you can slip them off and on over blue jeans or whatever you're wearing to work.

Does REVIT make anything like this?
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #1818
mackdaddy
Finding my way

Oddometer: 904
Thoughts on the Athos Vision Vest

Hey D,

See you have that Athos Vision vest up on your site. Have you actually had the chance to have any hands on with the vest? Curious to see what you think? Looking to get rid of money in my pocket.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #1819
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Rev'it! only makes one true overpant, and it will work for you just about perfect. Check it out: REV'IT! AXIS. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
Probably a dumb question, but I haven't been able to figure this out yet...

I'm looking for a pair of armored waterproof OVERpants for mostly street riding. This means they have zippers up the sides of the legs so you can slip them off and on over blue jeans or whatever you're wearing to work.

Does REVIT make anything like this?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #1820
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I have tried it on. As any vest, it's really basic, but as any REV'IT! item is has special feel to it.Save your pennies, you will like it :)

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdaddy View Post
Hey D,

See you have that Athos Vision vest up on your site. Have you actually had the chance to have any hands on with the vest? Curious to see what you think? Looking to get rid of money in my pocket.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #1821
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Well, I'm sure the ones who pay attention to new releases noticed that Rev'it! is coming with some nice gear for 2012. While some jackets were simply redesigned, there is new beast in ADV lineup - Rev'it! HORIZON The reason this jacket is special is because it's waterproof AND ventilated at the same time. And I'm not talking about some tiny zippered vents a lot of other manufacturers seem to use. Rev'it! HORIZON uses huge chest panels that could be open within seconds, yet fully sealed again when it starts raining. It's really neat design - simple and foolproof. Riders who hate installing waterproof liners will be stoked with this design. It also comes in Hi-Vis.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #1822
jezzag
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Question New Horizon jacket

Hi was just wondering if you can ship to australia and how much the postage would be?
Also i'm 5"11' 80kgs and have a chest measurement of 41 would you recommend the large or extra large?
Which pants would you recommend with this jacket for riding in all conditions in australia?
And last of all for touring on a bmw F650gs would you recommend the Knox or SAS-Tec back protector? (must be comfortable)
jezzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #1823
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Hi there,

Well, the most obvious choice would be REV'IT! HORIZON Pants, however this would greatly depend on the temperature range you ride in. If you ride in hot and dry conditions more often than in cold and damp, I would probably stick to SAND with it's removable waterproof liners and better ventilation.

With your measurements I would go with size L. Keep in mind that nobody knows exactly how the HORIZON fits, so I would recommend doublechecking with me when it actually gets here.

SAS TEC Back protector remains my choice of protection for the spine. It's really easy to cut, and once you make it fit it's always there providing level 2 protection.

Shipping to AU is not as easy as it used to be. Basically I have to ship to US address to stay within Rev'it! guidelines and they will forward it to you. There are plenty of inmates here willing to help. Jacket / pant combo normally costs around $75 to ship USPS Priority. Let me know if this makes sense.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzag View Post
Hi was just wondering if you can ship to australia and how much the postage would be?
Also i'm 5"11' 80kgs and have a chest measurement of 41 would you recommend the large or extra large?
Which pants would you recommend with this jacket for riding in all conditions in australia?
And last of all for touring on a bmw F650gs would you recommend the Knox or SAS-Tec back protector? (must be comfortable)

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 02-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #1824
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
I, too, am very interested in the Horizon combo - it looks like everything I've been after for riding in the UK (more bad weather than good!). Having said that, I'm still looking for some trousers that are very waterproof BUT are not too hot on the rare days when the Sun is out. To this end, would you recommend the Sand or Horizon trousers to go with the Horizon Jacket? I've not used the Sand before, so I'm not sure about how waterproof it might be?

Also, if you've seen it in the flesh, so to speak, how full-on is thre high viz jacket? It would be excellent at this time of year, but I'm not too sure how it'd look in the hight of Summer?! The black's too, well, black and the grey might get too dirty in all weathers? Choice is both good and bad . . . . .
Endurodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #1825
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I think HORIZON is the ticket for lovely British summers - from what I have seen it's more often damp or just nice, not too hot. Not having to deal with removable liner is a bonus, so I would stick with the HORIZON Top and Bottom.

When it comes to colors, it's always a tough choice. Black stays clean forever, and Hi-Vis is certainly visible. For the sake of versatility I would recommend ATHOS Hi-Vis vest - you can always remove it if you do not want screaming looks, and it's easier to wash it than the whole jacket. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
I, too, am very interested in the Horizon combo - it looks like everything I've been after for riding in the UK (more bad weather than good!). Having said that, I'm still looking for some trousers that are very waterproof BUT are not too hot on the rare days when the Sun is out. To this end, would you recommend the Sand or Horizon trousers to go with the Horizon Jacket? I've not used the Sand before, so I'm not sure about how waterproof it might be?

Also, if you've seen it in the flesh, so to speak, how full-on is thre high viz jacket? It would be excellent at this time of year, but I'm not too sure how it'd look in the hight of Summer?! The black's too, well, black and the grey might get too dirty in all weathers? Choice is both good and bad . . . . .

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 02-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #1826
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
Well, I'm sure the ones who pay attention to new releases noticed that Rev'it! is coming with some nice gear for 2012. While some jackets were simply redesigned, there is new beast in ADV lineup - Rev'it! HORIZON The reason this jacket is special is because it's waterproof AND ventilated at the same time. And I'm not talking about some tiny zippered vents a lot of other manufacturers seem to use. Rev'it! HORIZON uses huge chest panels that could be open within seconds, yet fully sealed again when it starts raining. It's really neat design - simple and foolproof. Riders who hate installing waterproof liners will be stoked with this design. It also comes in Hi-Vis.
Will it be offered in normal sizing or do you need to be 5'9" and weight 130lbs for it to fit like most other Rev'it gear. I wear a xxl tall in most other brands but in past, trying on Rev'it jackets and having to put on a 4 or 5xl just seems silly.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #1827
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
Will it be offered in normal sizing or do you need to be 5'9" and weight 130lbs for it to fit like most other Rev'it gear. I wear a xxl tall in most other brands but in past, trying on Rev'it jackets and having to put on a 4 or 5xl just seems silly.
Conversely, those of us who are athletic or lean have trouble finding gear that doesn't seem likes it's meant to be carrying about a cubic foot of extra flesh in the gut area so are appreciative of gear designed otherwise. Nothings perfect for everyone.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1828
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Contrary to popular belief, Rev'it! is not sized too small. It's just when you compare it to oversized giants like Olympia, Firstgear and Tourmaster, it appears smaller. As long as you are weight / height proportionate, it fits like a glove.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #1829
totomoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
I have tried it on. As any vest, it's really basic, but as any REV'IT! item is has special feel to it.Save your pennies, you will like it :)

Dennis
I have had the Athos vest for a while (bought it in Europe) and I really like it. It has stretch panels and fits perfectly over my Revit jacket... couldn't find anything that small here. Great option for women riders for whom most vests are way too big. The only issue is that the reflective panels are at the bottom so they can't be seen with luggage on the bike (that's the same problem with the Revit jackets). I added a reflective strip at the top and now it's all good. I also wear it on my bicycle sometimes.
totomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #1830
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Thank you for sharing your experience with the ATHOS. First shipment of them arrived here and was nearly sold out in one day. It's lightweight, quality made and packs really small. When worn over regular jacket it increases your visibility by gazillion percent - it just pops.

By the way entire 2012 collection is now in stock.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy