Placed an order tonight

Dennis, You're the man! Can't wait to test out the gloves. Cold up here
Braunry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #377
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,461
OK, here are the pics.

Even though the material texture is quite different (Cordura vs Kodra (REV'IT's own version of Cordura) the colors match pretty well. I zipped them together. Hope this helps. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Molo
I feel silly asking a color question, but I can't easily compare beforehand. Would you say the two grays on the Cayenne Pro [this one] match the two Grays on the lighter Dakar Pants [this one]?

If they had both at the store in town I'd go check, but this wasn't the case last I was there. Love my other Rev'It gear. I appreciate the help for the color impaired like myself.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #378
Fly Molo
Crazy Sniffable

Oddometer: 65
Laugh Thanks Dennis!

Wonderful. That's great service. I'll have to contact you again soon.

Thanks a ton.
Fly Molo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #379
SAR_GS Rider
So Others May Live

Oddometer: 11
Thumb Rev'It Shop in Marina Del Ray, CA

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Dennis for opening his shop on New Years Eve afternoon so that I could try on and then purchase a pair of Apache H2O boots. Can't get better customer service. BTW, the boots are very comfortable.

2008 R1200GS/M (now a Bantamweight GSA)

The Home Team - http://www.MalibuSAR.org

Be Safe, Be Smart!

When lost, "STOP" = Stop, Think, Observe, Plan
SAR_GS Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #380
Kels316
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Cayenne in hot weather

Hey all,

went out in my new Cayenne (not pro) in 37degC and blazing sun - vents work well even around town doing around 40kph. I took the chest panels out and undid all the vent zips - no worries. Of course, its not like a mesh jacket or anything, but not unbearable - at highway speeds it was actually quite nice.

Thanks again Dennis!

Adam
Kels316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #381
worthydog
Shosholoza

Oddometer: 458
Question

Does anyone have advice on how a camelbak (or similar) would work with the jacket on the old Cayenne? I see the holes and sleeves but I can't figure out how it works. Some instructions with the jacket would have been nice.
worthydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #382
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

From my experience (I used to have CAYENNE myself) you are better off using actual Camelback on the outside of the jacket. If you put the bladder in the inside pocket, it feels really uncomfortable. Maybe you'll have better luck with smaller containers, but my 3 liter bladder didn't work well.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthydog
Does anyone have advice on how a camelbak (or similar) would work with the jacket on the old Cayenne? I see the holes and sleeves but I can't figure out how it works. Some instructions with the jacket would have been nice.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #383
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I hope you are getting better at closing the APACHE's velcro :)

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR_GS Rider
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Dennis for opening his shop on New Years Eve afternoon so that I could try on and then purchase a pair of Apache H2O boots. Can't get better customer service. BTW, the boots are very comfortable.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #384
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels316
went out in my new Cayenne (not pro) in 37degC and blazing sun - vents work well even around town doing around 40kph. I took the chest panels out and undid all the vent zips - no worries. Of course, its not like a mesh jacket or anything, but not unbearable - at highway speeds it was actually quite nice.
interesting. I'm looking for a jacket for summer coz my hein gericke is fine for winter but not suited for hot summer on the bike.
I was thinking more about the Sirocco jacket.
Which one is more adequate for hot summer day or African trip ?
thx,
/thierry
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:17 AM   #385
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
The Cayenne Pro without any liner and vents fully open cooks me at 75F. I commute, so I move at speeds 65MPH+. I switch to my perforated leather jacket at temperatures over 70F. The Cayenne Pro is very robust and the material isn't the best for airflow at those temperatures.
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #386
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaulken
The Cayenne Pro without any liner and vents fully open cooks me at 75F. I commute, so I move at speeds 65MPH+. I switch to my perforated leather jacket at temperatures over 70F. The Cayenne Pro is very robust and the material isn't the best for airflow at those temperatures.
ok. thanks for the input.
anyone tried the Sirocco ?
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #387
BoochZilla
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by kktos
ok. thanks for the input.
anyone tried the Sirocco ?
T,

I have tested the Sirocco in very hot and humid east coast Summer weather, both at speed and in stop start. It is a step up from a breathability standpoint compared to the Cayenne Pro although you trade the inclusion of some of the Cayenne's space age materials.

The mesh really allows it to ventilate more thoroughly. We sell a ton of them to adventure riders as well as commuters in the consistenly hotter and more humid climates. It has also been very popular with the safety concious commuter crowd.

It is a hot weather jacket without being one dimensional though. All of the liners are removable and there are large mesh areas on the front and back which allow the free flow of air throughout. Obviously with the hydro and thermal liners in, it becomes a multi-season coat. Aside from some materials, styling and SAS-TEC armor the multi season capability is the big application difference between the Sirocco and the new high-end Turbine Mesh Jacket.

I am not sure if you saw the very thorough review on WebBikeWorld.com, but the Sirocco got product of the year for 2008.

Let me know if there are any other more specific items you are curious about the jacket that I could answer. This is a Jacket we stock a ton of in both colors.

Glad to Help.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:36 AM   #388
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
I've ridden in mine in California and Mexico in temps well over 80F. With both liners out and all vents opened and the Cayenne Pro generated really good air
flow.
I also own the Airforce and the airflow was comparable.
Don't know much about the Scirocco other than the CP is a shorter jacket and has better protection than the Scirocco.
IMHO any jacket would cook you in temperatures over 90F.
Just my 2c, hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kktos
interesting. I'm looking for a jacket for summer coz my hein gericke is fine for winter but not suited for hot summer on the bike.
I was thinking more about the Sirocco jacket.
Which one is more adequate for hot summer day or African trip ?
thx,
/thierry

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #389
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

DrFaulken,

I think your tolerance to the heat is the lowest I have ever seen. From my experience CAYENNE PRO with all vents open is extremely comfortable up to low 90's. Every body is different.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaulken

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #390
urbancowboy
Vicious Cycler

Oddometer: 1,724
sonar?

hey dennis,

a friend picked up a revit jacket for me at the sample sale a few weeks ago. the label says its the "sonar." can you tell me anything about this model?

my jacket is tan with black accents. a thermal liner. i'm assuming the outer layer is waterproof. i guess one question is how waterproof should i expect it to be? there are no venting zippers so i'm guessing this is designed exclusively for cold weather riding.

i was amazed when a google search for revit sonar came up with nothing! is this model very old, very new, or did it just not make it to the big leagues?
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote