Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #601
Brimard
Watch the Potholes

Oddometer: 93
More Turbine questions, and thanks for answering my last round, eventhough one was a repeat from sombody a mere week or so ago...

This is a follow-up to another poster about fabric coverage on the Turbine, but a little more specific as to which fabric is used where.

The list is long:
Dynax mesh, Cordura® 1000D, PWR|shell 500D, PWR|shell 750D, SuperFabric, Lorica

Using the silver/titanium jacket as guide:

Mesh is obvious

SuperFabric is the black on the shoulder and elbow/lower arm?

Cordura 1000D the "holster-area"?

750D arms?

500D main body?

Lorica the black material on the sides?
Brimard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #602
Badger278
GS FTW

Oddometer: 203
Brimard,

Okay, here it goes,

Dynax Mesh, Front and back, inside of the arms.
1000D (black panels on the sides of the torso and on the arm from the elbow down
750D Shoulder, outer upper arm and scapula
500D Neck, base of the back panel and trim areas around the front zipper
Superfabric Overlay on the shoulder and elbow/forearm.

Cheers,
Jordan

2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Edition
2009 HRC RS125 (race bike)
"It all started with that damb BMX bike" Mom
Badger278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #603
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,460
Ladies and gentlemen,

For the past couple of months I have been working hard on improving my web site. I just launched the improved version, please feel free to visit:

www.beachmoto.com

Let me know how it works. Eventually all images will be updated with new ones similar to TURBINE and NAVIGATOR.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #604
Curvesurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
I really want to buy some more Rev'it gear, but it seems most of the line is either is too "adventure-y" or has too much mesh.

I have a silver Ignition jacket, my favorite piece of gear. Great design, beautiful colors and materials. But the options are limited for "regular" touring jackets.

The Dragon and Navigator seem to have good features, but the designs are so boring! What I want is a men's version of the Angel jacket. That's a sharp piece with great textures and colors....my girlfriend loves hers and I'm jealous every time I see it.

While I'm making suggetions...it would be nice if the shells and liners were sold separately. I have a half-dozen liners already, and use a heated one in the winter. The last thing I need is another pair, but I do need a new shell.
'95 900SS SP
Curvesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #605
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
+1 on that, I own one too, other than the flimsy hooks in the sleeves for the rain liner the jacket is AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvesurfer
I have a silver Ignition jacket, my favorite piece of gear. Great design, beautiful colors and materials.
Personally I was under the impression that DRAGON is the men's version of ANGEL (REV'IT! peeps please correct me if I am wrong).
I would respectfully disagree that the DRAGON design is boring. I have seen the hi-viz one in person and it did not strike me as boring. On the contrary I really liked the colors, fit and the features of that jacket.

Quote:
The Dragon and Navigator seem to have good features, but the designs are so boring! What I want is a men's version of the Angel jacket.
+1 on that as well
Quote:
it would be nice if the shells and liners were sold separately.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #606
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
New site is yet another incremental improvement for the user experience. Good job. :) I emailed you with some suggestions. The good news is you are in the "refinement" stage and not the "omg what do we do?" phase so many of my projects/clients are in.

ps -- I hate you, the Navigator looks great, and more my style vs the CP, which still is a little too Stay-Puft Marshmellow man sometimes. ;)
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #607
Curvesurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout
I would respectfully disagree that the DRAGON design is boring. I have seen the hi-viz one in person and it did not strike me as boring. On the contrary I really liked the colors, fit and the features of that jacket.
What I like about the women's Angel is that is uses subtle colors (black, grey, white, and hints of red) and interesting textures on both the sleeves and the body.

The DRAGON and NAVIGATOR seem like they were built for efficient manufacturing: basic black body, choice of accent color in big swaths on the sleeves.
'95 900SS SP
Curvesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #608
BikerRob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hi a question for you about sizing:

I really like the Cayenne Pro and fully intended to buy one however whilst I'm a fairly standard large I found the jacket too tight around the upper arm area in particular. Going to an Extra Large meant the jacket was then too big. I tried various Revit Jackets on during the course of last year and did eventually come across the Gradient which seemed to be a more comfortable fit in a large. It was however a slightly more "budget" jacket than I was after. For this year's jackets have any of the sizings been adjusted since 2008? I notice the Navigator is described as having a "touring" rather than "pre-shaped" fit; does this mean it has slightly more room than the Pro? I'd really like to invest in a Revit Jacket but seem to be struggling with the sizing

Regards Bob
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #609
Norpaq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger278
Jordan Levitt
Director of Sales, North America
REV'IT! USA
Hey you should be able to answer my question. When I looked at the REV'IT catalogue for pants, it seems that the tall sizes aren't all that tall. The tall was listed at an inseam of 32"... I wear a 38" inseam pair of Wranglers. Are these measurements comparable? Am I missing something or just out of luck?

Thanks,

-Norris
Norpaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #610
Badger278
GS FTW

Oddometer: 203
Norris,

You need to measure from the crotch to your ankle. Our measurements are based on real body measurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norpaq
Hey you should be able to answer my question. When I looked at the REV'IT catalogue for pants, it seems that the tall sizes aren't all that tall. The tall was listed at an inseam of 32"... I wear a 38" inseam pair of Wranglers. Are these measurements comparable? Am I missing something or just out of luck?

Thanks,

-Norris

2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Edition
2009 HRC RS125 (race bike)
"It all started with that damb BMX bike" Mom
Badger278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #611
Braunry
gravel grinder

Oddometer: 123
Dennis,
I think I'm ready to order some replacement gear for my Off-Track jacket and Dakar pants. Insurance ponied up some funds to replace, but I think I want to upgrade to CP jacket and pants. If anyone has reservations about spending money on Rev-It! gear, I can personally tell you it is worth every penny. Two weeks ago, I put my bike down hard @ 40 mph after hitting ice on an otherwise bone dry road. I was wearing my Rev-It! Off-track and Dakar combo and came away with only a broken metatarsal bone in my left foot. The jacket and pants did an outstanding job absorbing the impact. If I had been wearing Rev-It! boots maybe I wouldn't have a broken foot ;). I don't think I would have faired so well were I not wearing the gear. Pavement has a few teeth at the speed I was going. All I can say is I am a true believer in the church of Rev-It! I'll be emailing you my number in case you don't have it so we can talk about what is best for me. You're selling the goods, my friend.

Ryland
Braunry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #612
jraugie1
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 425
Tempest Gloves sizing question.

I usually take an L in Lee Parks gloves. I have a Cayenne Pro jacket and it is way smaller in size than other brands. What size do you recommend for Revit gloves for L and XL hands? By the way the Cayenne Pro is the best jacket I have ever owned. It is even better to live with than my beloved BMG Discovery which is saying a lot. Good luck with the store and when I visit LA I'll be sure to stop in. Thanks.

Stop Global Whining!
jraugie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #613
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

HI,

I would recommend XL. By the way if they don't fit properly I will always swap them for the right size. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraugie1
I usually take an L in Lee Parks gloves. I have a Cayenne Pro jacket and it is way smaller in size than other brands. What size do you recommend for Revit gloves for L and XL hands? By the way the Cayenne Pro is the best jacket I have ever owned. It is even better to live with than my beloved BMG Discovery which is saying a lot. Good luck with the store and when I visit LA I'll be sure to stop in. Thanks.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 03-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #614
Canuckel
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Cayenne Pro jacket and Dakar pants?

Hi Dennis,

I was wondering what your opinion was on matching a Cayenne Pro jacket with Dakar pants. I was looking at getting an Off-Track jacket and Dakar pants but I may be able to pick up some slightly used Dakar pants and was considering using the saved money to go for the Cayenne Pro rather than the Off-Track. A couple questions on this topic (along with your general opinion if this is even a reasonable combo):

1. Does the coloring in the Light Grey/Black Cayenne Pro jacket match the Light Grey Dakar pants (or are they different shades)?

2. Are the sizing of the Off-Track jacket and Cayenne Pro the same? I've that I fit comfortably into an XXL Off-Track and would like to know if I can assume that that would be the correct Cayenne Pro size as well.

3. What is the difference between the PWR 500 and PWR 750 material used in the Off-Track and the Cordura 500 and Cordura 1000 material used in the Cayenne Pro?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

- Chris
Canuckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #615
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Chris,

Believe it or not, CAYENNE PRO jacket and DAKAR pant is by far the most popular combo I sell :) The color match is not exactly the same, but you cannot tell the difference from 10 feet. If you go through this thread, some time ago I posted a picture of this combo.

If you fit comfortably in XXL OFF TRACK, CAYENNE PRO will be even more comfortable as from my experience it has a little more room in the arms and chest.
PWR and CORDURA are quite similar when it comes to abrasion resistance (comparing the same denier) but CORDURA has been around for a while and is considered premium textile when it comes to motorcycle clothing. I feel that it's slightly softer than PWR and breathes a little better. If you are on the fence whether to get CAYENNE PRO or OFF TRACK I would suggest CAYENNE PRO if your budget allows it, it's well worth extra $100 or so.
Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckel
Hi Dennis,

I was wondering what your opinion was on matching a Cayenne Pro jacket with Dakar pants. I was looking at getting an Off-Track jacket and Dakar pants but I may be able to pick up some slightly used Dakar pants and was considering using the saved money to go for the Cayenne Pro rather than the Off-Track. A couple questions on this topic (along with your general opinion if this is even a reasonable combo):

1. Does the coloring in the Light Grey/Black Cayenne Pro jacket match the Light Grey Dakar pants (or are they different shades)?

2. Are the sizing of the Off-Track jacket and Cayenne Pro the same? I've that I fit comfortably into an XXL Off-Track and would like to know if I can assume that that would be the correct Cayenne Pro size as well.

3. What is the difference between the PWR 500 and PWR 750 material used in the Off-Track and the Cordura 500 and Cordura 1000 material used in the Cayenne Pro?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

- Chris

CRF450X - Dirt Toy