Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #61
Fly Molo
Crazy Sniffable

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
REV'IT has some leftovers from last year's collection, I can possibly get some great deals. Would anyone be interested?
I'm listening.
Fly Molo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #62
mykrrrr
advenposeur

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
REV'IT has some leftovers from last year's collection, I can possibly get some great deals. Would anyone be interested?
The cheapas...I mean "bargain hunter" (ok, ok...cheap ass) in me is listening.
mykrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #63
johnnywideopen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
what?

did somebody say deal on revit stuffs? whaa about me?

johnnywideopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #64
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,488
I'm trying to find what kind of pricing I can get, hang tight I'll let you know soon...

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #65
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

OK, I'm starting new thread for DEALS on Cayenne jacket and Ultimate pants.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy

Motodisiac screwed with this post 09-05-2008 at 05:06 PM
Old 09-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #66
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Infinity suit update

OK, here is important update on INFINITY suit.

Thanks to weak dollar and increased costs of materials, REV'IT! is forced to change the retail pricing from $1099 to $1299.

Good news is that you can still PRE-ORDER at old pricing. So if you ever thought about getting INFINITY suit, this could be a good time to place an order. PM me for more pricing details. Cheers.

Dennis

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 09-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #67
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,352
What's the availability of the Raptor jacket in the US or at your shop? And which pants go with it, if available?

Do you have Off Track jackets and Dakar pants?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #68
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Raptor pants are not available on US market. Of course I have Dakar pants and Off Track jackets :) Check your PM.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister
What's the availability of the Raptor jacket in the US or at your shop? And which pants go with it, if available?

Do you have Off Track jackets and Dakar pants?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 09-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #69
alphajory
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Just ordered and cayenne pro jacket from Motodisiac. Can't say enough about the service that they provide. Dennis when above and beyond to make sure that the jacket was wanted and would fit.
Thanks a bunch for all the help.
alphajory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #70
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Oddometer: 2,532
Folks I want to give Dennis here some props. Others on the board have said it but I am very happy to add my voice to the chorus. Great job Dennis, the jacket fits great. I was concerned about the sizing, Dennis kept answering questions until I was satisfied. Then he gave me a good deal--I saved quite a bit and bought a pair of cool moto socks with the savings. Thanks Dennis glad I could support an ADV member. The gear is flippin cool.

G
G-man17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #71
mhkpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Ladies Adv Jacket?

Hey Dennis. I'm looking for a jacket for my wife who is about to trade her ZZR600 in for a new BMW F800GS. I have the Cayenne Pro Jacket and Pants, and will NEVER buy another brand. She's currently wearing some crap Frank Thomas jacket, and I want to upgrade her jacket as she upgrades her bike.
I was looking online at the Rev'it! catalog and liked the ALPHA-Ladies. Come to find it isn't available in the states. It seems the other ladies jackets that Rev'it! offers are either urban jackets, limited in color (like the Angel: all black with small color changes in the stripes) or not for colder climates and/or riding in wet conditions. So I've got some questions:

1. Why does Rev'it! limit what it offers to U.S. customers, and does this plan to change? Seems stupid to NOT offer the females in America a top-notch adventure jacket like the BMW Santiago.

2. What options do I have in regards to an ADVENTURE jacket for my wife? Do you have any connections with European dealers?

3. Have you ever heard of a female wearing/fitting a Cayenne Pro?

She's about 5'7", 125lbs and her Frank Thomas Jacket is a "LM."

A few other notes about Rev'it! for other readers, I saw the Infinity suit today at the local BMW dealer and gotta say, it's pretty impressive...though...I would personally rather save a few hundred bucks and get the Cayenne Pro Jacket/Pant combo. With the extra coin, you could get a pair of Rev'it! boots.

A note about the R59 Adventure gloves. My wife knew I had "a thing" for Rev'it! and also knew I needed gloves. She went out and bought me a pair of the R59's. (What a sweetheart.) Unfortunatly, these are pretty much a purely off-road glove. It has decent knuckle protection, but if you go down on the asphalt wearing these, it'll take a 1/2 second for the thin, soft leather to rip apart. They're a GREAT off-road glove, and I'll use them for it, but I don't use them for riding on road and I wouldn't advise it either. I just don't have the heart to tell my wife!

Thanks Doug. I look forward to hearing from you and putting my $$$ into your pocket for Rev'it! gear, rather than the overpriced/rich BMW dealership I've been forced to use (those bastards still haven't returned my call).

Dave/Sacramento
Old 09-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #72
mhkpilot
Adventurer

Scratch that. My wife's not 5'7". She's 5'10". I was thinking of my girlfriend. ;)
Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #73
mhkpilot
Adventurer

SAS-TEC back and hip protection

(continued from the other thread)

Dennis-

No, I haven't upgraded to the SAS-TEC back and hip protection....yet.

If you can find something for my wife that I like, I'll upgrade both of our jackets.

What do you think about the Cayenne Pro for a woman?

Dave
Old 09-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #74
mhkpilot
Adventurer

Hey Dennis. Does the SAS-TEC back protector work together with the stock pad that's already in the jacket or are we to remove the stock pad and replace it with the SAS-TEC?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #75
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Dave,

I will try to answer your questions one by one. By the way congrats on your incoming F800GS, nice bike (for a girl :) ) I'm glad you discovered REV'IT! for yourself, if you read the first post on this thread you'll know that I understand you quite well. On a side note, this past Sunday I stopped by at local Cycle Gear store so see what they have to offer. I was shocked that they are selling FT gear as "safetygear", the way it feels it would only wear it as fashion item. OK, back to your questions:
1. REV'IT! is fairly new to US market. The items they bring to US are Dependant on Euro exchange and on projected demand. I'm sure that in the future we will see wider selection, every year they bring more and more models in. Keep in mind that there aren't too many female riders in US and it reflects in their gear lineup. I promise, it will improve with time, meanwhile let's try to work with what we have.

2. Even if I had connections with Euro dealer, REV'IT! policy would prevent them from selling anything to US. So sadly the choices are limited as far as ADVENTURE ladies jackets go. But there is hope, see #1 :)

3. I have a couple of customers toying with the idea, but nobody tried it this far. Females happen to have very diverse bodies, at 5'10" your wife could've been 200 pounds but luckily for you she is very feminine 125lbs. It's hard to say whether it's going to fit without trying it on.

I would suggest looking into OFF TRACK, it seems you can make it tighter thanks to multiple adjustments. Also, older CAYENNE that is now on sale is pretty tight fit compared to new one, it could be another option for you.

There is one jacket that I happen to like a lot, it's called IGNITION. It comes in ladies cut, and despite not looking like ADV jacket it could work well your your wife. It's mesh in the front and back so it's great on hot summer days, but it comes with a vest and rain liner for those rare days when it gets cold (I hope I got Sacramento weather right :) ) . . One thing I love about it if the feeling of security it gives you, you cannot beat leather when it comes to protection.

Measure your wife's chest, this is really important measurement (no pun intended :) )

Speaking of R59 gloves I feel the same. I have been using them for over two years and every I've used them on the road I had a feeling of not having enough protection. They are great for dual sport rides but for strictly street duties I got a set of MONSTER gloves, they feel fantastic (didn't requite any break in, I've been using them for less than a week and I love them)

Oh, and thank you for giving me a shot :) Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkpilot
Hey Dennis. I'm looking for a jacket for my wife who is about to trade her ZZR600 in for a new BMW F800GS. I have the Cayenne Pro Jacket and Pants, and will NEVER buy another brand. She's currently wearing some crap Frank Thomas jacket, and I want to upgrade her jacket as she upgrades her bike.
I was looking online at the Rev'it! catalog and liked the ALPHA-Ladies. Come to find it isn't available in the states. It seems the other ladies jackets that Rev'it! offers are either urban jackets, limited in color (like the Angel: all black with small color changes in the stripes) or not for colder climates and/or riding in wet conditions. So I've got some questions:

1. Why does Rev'it! limit what it offers to U.S. customers, and does this plan to change? Seems stupid to NOT offer the females in America a top-notch adventure jacket like the BMW Santiago.

2. What options do I have in regards to an ADVENTURE jacket for my wife? Do you have any connections with European dealers?

3. Have you ever heard of a female wearing/fitting a Cayenne Pro?

She's about 5'7", 125lbs and her Frank Thomas Jacket is a "LM."

A few other notes about Rev'it! for other readers, I saw the Infinity suit today at the local BMW dealer and gotta say, it's pretty impressive...though...I would personally rather save a few hundred bucks and get the Cayenne Pro Jacket/Pant combo. With the extra coin, you could get a pair of Rev'it! boots.

A note about the R59 Adventure gloves. My wife knew I had "a thing" for Rev'it! and also knew I needed gloves. She went out and bought me a pair of the R59's. (What a sweetheart.) Unfortunatly, these are pretty much a purely off-road glove. It has decent knuckle protection, but if you go down on the asphalt wearing these, it'll take a 1/2 second for the thin, soft leather to rip apart. They're a GREAT off-road glove, and I'll use them for it, but I don't use them for riding on road and I wouldn't advise it either. I just don't have the heart to tell my wife!

Thanks Doug. I look forward to hearing from you and putting my $$$ into your pocket for Rev'it! gear, rather than the overpriced/rich BMW dealership I've been forced to use (those bastards still haven't returned my call).

Dave/Sacramento

CRF450X - Dirt Toy