Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #736
LA1F
Turkish but not Crazy.

Oddometer: 10
He Is Very Nice.

Hey Dennis,

I am one of the Turkish Guys who kept you in your shop for 2 extra hours.

Thank you for you patience and niceness. I hope Next time we can afford the stuff that we want.

Dennis is a really nice guy.

LA1F
LA1F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #737
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,461
Hey, you CAN afford the stuff you want. It's all about the commitment. Let me know when you are ready to buy proper gear

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA1F
Hey Dennis,

I am one of the Turkish Guys who kept you in your shop for 2 extra hours.

Thank you for you patience and niceness. I hope Next time we can afford the stuff that we want.

Dennis is a really nice guy.

LA1F

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #738
keiji
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji
Called again today (the 6th), and talked to Aron. Apparently he was out on a trip, so warranty issues were placed on hold...He recognized my issue and told me he saw my e-mail and placed it in the 'queue' already, but did a quick check to see if he had any jackets of my size in stock to salvage a liner from-no such luck. Double checked with me what my name was (wrong name), so apparently there's another dude out there with the same problem as me. Said he would get back to me as soon as possible.

I asked him what would happen if he couldn't find a liner for me, and his response was that even though the jacket was within the warranty period, it was old at at the end of the production cycle, and most were sold on closeout, so if he couldn't find a replacement liner, nothing would be done.

Bummer. If I knew I was going to have this many issues this soon in that might not be covered by warranty, I would've gone elsewhere.

Hopefully Aron will get back to me with some good news in the near future.
So the resolution to my ailment last month was that Aron sent me two liners, a size bigger, and a size smaller, since he didn't have any in my size left. In the last week and a half, we've had some pretty wet weather on the east coast, so I've gotten to try the liners out.

All three leak! They're good for a little bit, but if I ride for more than an hour, I end up with wet soggy arms. Just to make sure water wasn't making it in from my gloves, I draped the elbow of each liner into a sink full of water and came back 45 minutes later. Every single one was sopping wet on the inside.

Did the older liners just leak due to the design? I find it hard to believe that I manage to get 3 defective liners in a row. Do you have any suggestions on keeping them from leaking?
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #739
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I would direct this question to Badger, he knows about REV'IT! liners way more than I do.

3 defective liners in a row sounds pretty impossible to me. I have ridden in my old CAYENNE jacket through 5 hours of steady rain in Minnesota and it never leaked a drop.

As of late I actually like the idea of using one piece oversuit for riding in heavy rain. This way you do not have to gamble with the liners, your gear always stays clean and dry. They are cheap too, and easy to carry with you. Cheers,

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji
So the resolution to my ailment last month was that Aron sent me two liners, a size bigger, and a size smaller, since he didn't have any in my size left. In the last week and a half, we've had some pretty wet weather on the east coast, so I've gotten to try the liners out.

All three leak! They're good for a little bit, but if I ride for more than an hour, I end up with wet soggy arms. Just to make sure water wasn't making it in from my gloves, I draped the elbow of each liner into a sink full of water and came back 45 minutes later. Every single one was sopping wet on the inside.

Did the older liners just leak due to the design? I find it hard to believe that I manage to get 3 defective liners in a row. Do you have any suggestions on keeping them from leaking?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #740
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

You never hear about this bad boy because all the hype is around more expensive TURBINE. However for people who still want the flexibility of having rain liner it's a great choice. Add very competitive price on top of it, and you've got yourself the TYPHOON.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #741
lucas123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Is the all black Typhoon available in the US?
Attached Images

lucas123 screwed with this post 05-06-2009 at 11:31 AM
lucas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #742
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

There is no such thing as all black TYPHOON in USA :). Grey / Black is available.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy

Motodisiac screwed with this post 05-07-2009 at 12:08 PM
Old 05-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #743
dstock
Adventurer n00b

Oddometer: 263
Infinity like Jacket?

Hey Denis,

Any chance that Rev'it will be making a jacket version out of the same material as the Infinity suit, i.e. no need for liners to be waterproof?

Thanks.
-Dave

P.S. Loving the Apache boots!

"When in doubt, gas it!"

2002 R1150GSA "Fat Bastard"
dstock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #744
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I have heard rumors about two piece version of INFINITY, if we see anything it won't be this summer though.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #745
Kit_McConnico
Regular Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
You are welcome. Moral of the story: do not order one size bigger

D.
Noted for my upcoming pants order. Jacket should be back to you on Friday.
Kit_McConnico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #746
Ballbearing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Which suit?

Hey, I've been researching for the last month or so and I am more confused than ever.

I'm ready to get a new suit but I don't know which. Somebody dress me please before my head explodes.

I currently wear Joe Rocket ballistic jacket and pants. It's gonna be way too hot this summer. It's already too hot now.

I live in the midwest where the high temps are around 90 to 100 and the humidity is 90% or so. The winters are equally as bad: Cold and wet. I can deal with the cold, though. I hate the heat. I do plan on taking several trips away from here (because I hate Indiana), but I believe whatever I get can be made to work in those instances.

A while back I was directed towards the Sirocco jacket as an all around item. I'm still interested in that, but I am leaning more towards a shorter jacket. My current ride has upright seating so the length isn't really a problem, but my joe rocket jacket is longer and bunches slightly. I did read a review stating that the Sirocco's construction is loose allowing light to be seen through the outer shell. How does this work for protection from the sun?

Speaking of protection: Protection is more of a concern to me than comfort. I am willing to sacrifice and sweat a bit if that means less, or no, road rash.

I've been trying to find something good enough for every season here, but I don't think it exists. I'd rather not buy two, or more, different setups but if that's what needs to be done so be it.

To recap: My number one priority is safety with number two being comfort in the heat. I plan on wearing an electric jacket in the cold.

For sizing - I'm 5'9" and 175 pounds. About 35.5 inches around the belly button with a 41 inch chest.

Thanks.

PS. I'll take glove suggestions as well. I'm leaning towards the comet.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #747
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Ballbearing,

Sounds like you need CAYENNE PRO jacket / pants combo and possibly mesh jacket for the hottest summer days. CAYENNE PRO is the best jacket REV'IT! makes, if you add SAS TEC back protector your safety rating will be as high as it gets for textile gear. It sounds like the length of it would be perfect as well, it's not nearly as long as SIROCCO so it will never bunch up. For the summer glove I would recommend the MONSTER if you do not plan any off the pavement. COMET is unbelievable glove for ADV riding, however it's not as protective as all leather MONSTER.

Even though SIROCCO jacket has mesh panels that allow air to enter freely , it doesn't mean you are not protected from the sun. I have never heard about someone getting sunburned THROUGH the jacket.

Sizing: based on your dimensions you will need LARGE jacket and pants.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbearing
Hey, I've been researching for the last month or so and I am more confused than ever.

I'm ready to get a new suit but I don't know which. Somebody dress me please before my head explodes.

I currently wear Joe Rocket ballistic jacket and pants. It's gonna be way too hot this summer. It's already too hot now.

I live in the midwest where the high temps are around 90 to 100 and the humidity is 90% or so. The winters are equally as bad: Cold and wet. I can deal with the cold, though. I hate the heat. I do plan on taking several trips away from here (because I hate Indiana), but I believe whatever I get can be made to work in those instances.

A while back I was directed towards the Sirocco jacket as an all around item. I'm still interested in that, but I am leaning more towards a shorter jacket. My current ride has upright seating so the length isn't really a problem, but my joe rocket jacket is longer and bunches slightly. I did read a review stating that the Sirocco's construction is loose allowing light to be seen through the outer shell. How does this work for protection from the sun?

Speaking of protection: Protection is more of a concern to me than comfort. I am willing to sacrifice and sweat a bit if that means less, or no, road rash.

I've been trying to find something good enough for every season here, but I don't think it exists. I'd rather not buy two, or more, different setups but if that's what needs to be done so be it.

To recap: My number one priority is safety with number two being comfort in the heat. I plan on wearing an electric jacket in the cold.

For sizing - I'm 5'9" and 175 pounds. About 35.5 inches around the belly button with a 41 inch chest.

Thanks.

PS. I'll take glove suggestions as well. I'm leaning towards the comet.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #748
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

FYI you smaller jacket shipped on Monday. You should get it just in time for the weekend ride

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit_McConnico
Noted for my upcoming pants order. Jacket should be back to you on Friday.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #749
Ballbearing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Thanks Dennis,

A couple more questions before I commit:

Based on your post the cayenne pro pants will be fine for summer?

Also, you said "possibly" a mesh jacket for summer. I understand everyone has their own comfort range, but does the Cayenne breathe OK?

Any suggestions on color matching the Cayenne to a mesh jacket, I was looking at the green suit?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #750
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I my opinion CAYENNE PRO is OK for the summer considering how nice and toasty it is in colder weather. With the above said, nothing will keep you as cool as mesh jacket such as REV'IT TURBINE. The pants are not as critical as the jacket when it comes to staying cool largely due to the fact that you don't get that much airflow on your legs. Dedicated summer pants will make the difference, but not as dramatic as the jacket.

I would recommend getting black pants, this way you can wear them with any color jacket and they will look like a perfect match. Dark Green pants look ok with Silver / Dark Titanium TURBINE.

I say start with CAYENNE PRO and you can always get a summer jacket if you feel that CAYENNE is unbearable. I have ridden in 100+ temps in mine and it was OK.

Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbearing
Thanks Dennis,

A couple more questions before I commit:

Based on your post the cayenne pro pants will be fine for summer?

Also, you said "possibly" a mesh jacket for summer. I understand everyone has their own comfort range, but does the Cayenne breathe OK?

Any suggestions on color matching the Cayenne to a mesh jacket, I was looking at the green suit?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy